U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 05:29 PM

12,258 posts, read 4,675,306 times

Advertisements

Robot kits, legos. Train sets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 06:05 PM

13,343 posts, read 21,417,568 times
We have gifted monthly subscription kits. KiwiCo is one of them. They were very well received.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:44 PM

13,336 posts, read 15,888,164 times
Nerf gun if his parents are okay with you guns.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:11 PM

60 posts, read 18,220 times
An outdoor gift would be awesome. If they have a swing set, you could get a new element for it.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:56 AM

6,595 posts, read 5,659,452 times
I have a six-year-old grandson. Remote control cars are fun to play with outside on the driveway. Kites are inexpensive and awesome, and we like to fly them on windy days (unless you get one caught in a tree like I did). For his birthday last year, he got a rocket that you can launch by mixing baking soda and vinegar (definitely an outside activity). This needs adult supervision of course.

He and his three-year-old brother have a couple of sets of plastic dinosaurs. They like to play "dinosaur swamp" in the flower bed. Add some water for mud, and you have impressive "tar pits". These sets were pretty inexpensive (Wal Mart, $9.00). A big bucket of sidewalk chalk is also fun for drawing "murals" on the driveway.

And most kids love to play with water and have water fights, with Super Soakers and water pistols (if you're okay with that). We (grandsons and I) like water balloon kits...fill them up with the outside spcket and have a "war".

My grandson is also into "Harry Potter". For his sixth birthday, he got the Hogwarts cloak, glasses and Griffendor tie, wand, and the sorting hat. He also has a wiffle ball and bat, but he and his brother like to run around the yard on toy brooms playing Quidditch, which is basically me batting the wiffle balls in the air for them to chase.

Yeah, I know...I'm getting to experience a "second childhood" with these little guys. The best present you can give a kid (besides the toy) is play with them.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:15 AM

5,548 posts, read 7,540,116 times
Do they have a basketball hoop or room for one? Kids around here still spend countless hours in their elementary/middle school years shooting basketballs into hoops over their garages. Otherwise bike/scooter is a good choice, provided he doesn't already have one. If he expresses an interest in nature at all - birding binoculars, etc. can be awesome. Also, since he likes video games, steering him toward Pokemon Go would also get him outside - but needs adults to do it with safely perhaps.

Old Today, 06:02 AM

1 posts
I have a same issue all the time cause I have four nephews. So I have some solutions. Stuff like remote control cars is always a good choice for child this age. He usually get exited about such surprise. But he probably will forget about this present in a few days. So I come to conclusion that a bike is perfect choice for a boy. Especilly a good one. I guess this would be helpful info if u agree with me. Check this out.

cutelittledarling.com/best-bike-for-2-year-olds

Old Today, 12:06 PM

16,483 posts, read 18,550,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_of_us View Post
I have a same issue all the time cause I have four nephews. So I have some solutions. Stuff like remote control cars is always a good choice for child this age. He usually get exited about such surprise. But he probably will forget about this present in a few days. So I come to conclusion that a bike is perfect choice for a boy. Especilly a good one. I guess this would be helpful info if u agree with me. Check this out.

cutelittledarling.com/best-bike-for-2-year-olds
The boy is 6, not 2. This would not be the best bike for a 6 year old and a bike is a rather expensive present for the OP to buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or