U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,709,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It doesn’t take Rambo to handle drug dealers. I’ve been doing it for two decades. Most are about as tough as a limp piece of spaghetti.
I'm assuming you work in law enforcement. You should know then about NY's retreat doctrine.

Last edited by charmed hour; Yesterday at 03:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM

9,689 posts, read 7,643,667 times
NY does not have a duty to retreat within ones home as long as the homeowner is not the instigator of the incident. That’s a misconception.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Last edited by Airborneguy; Today at 06:06 AM..

Old Today, 05:19 AM

765 posts, read 627,526 times
The worst part of the story is that parents had to take a loan to pay off 750 pounds.

Old Today, 09:31 AM

16,053 posts, read 8,645,217 times
Quote:
NY does not have a duty to retreat within ones home as long as the homeowner is not the instigator of the incident. That’s a misconception.

So why is Joel Paul out on bail facing manslaughter charges for killing Shamel Shavuo in Queens with a knife and baseball bat?

Old Today, 11:25 AM

Who is that?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Today, 11:32 AM

1,767 posts, read 1,709,227 times
Quote:
Who is that?
Young man who killed an intruder.

https://pix11.com/2019/01/02/queens-...glar-to-death/

And yes, NYS certainly has a retreat doctrine for outside the home. That is why in the story linked above, the man is charged with manslaughter. He was outside the home.

Old Today, 11:38 AM

Two lines in is your answer. Didn’t happen in the home.

I haven’t said a word about outside and made sure my posts were written to make clear I was speaking about within one’s home.

Old Today, 12:17 PM

2,187 posts, read 1,010,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundestroyer View Post
I live in Ireland so the situation might be different from the U.S. but I'm hearing stories from friends about a sibling or friend of a friend who's family has had to pay off drug dealers cause one of the kids borrowed too much and couldn't pay it back.

The closest story was a classmate who told me his younger teenage brother borrowed €750 worth of weed and then couldn't pay it back. The drug dealers came to his parents house and threatened to burn the house down if it wasn't paid. His parents took out a loan and paid the dealers. Many say going to the police is pointless cause they'll tell you the same thing but might give you the added benefit of getting your kids in trouble for drugs.

If you were in such situations, what would you do?
I'd say "Wait a minute, I'll go get the money" but, instead, I'd come back with my gun and kill them...In self defense, of course.

Old Today, 01:08 PM

15,589 posts, read 7,731,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
I'd say "Wait a minute, I'll go get the money" but, instead, I'd come back with my gun and kill them...In self defense, of course.
2nd person to resort to murder.

I'd pay them. And then kiddo would have to go to rehab.

IDK what one does with kiddo that keeps getting in trouble beyond what parents can bail out. How one says sorry, if they kill you I can't do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting