Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 07:22 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times

Advertisements

follow up:
I didn't even mention the parents who are on the verge of divorce still living together (too long) and arguing/swearing in front of their kids or even fighting; 50% divorce rate in US. Unfortunately, some kids and teens get the worst of the abuse. And now they have no where to go. They have to stay home with it. Unfortunately, I've heard of these stories of abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 09:07 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
https://www.wyff4.com/article/is-it-...break/31919873

Old 03-25-2020, 09:47 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times
from your post above ^ Infectitious disease expert Dr. Odom said,

" I think some of the data that we're starting to see is showing that it's possible for children to be infected with COVID-19 and have minimal to no symptoms. I think for that reason, the decision that a lot of states have made, including Alabama, to close schools was the right one."

- In France, more than half of the country's 300 patients in intensive care units are under 60, according to The Associated Press.
I agree. Zero risk of infection and zero possibly spreading from kids is better than potential risking them. That's an easy decision.

How about this option for kids in the near future after the 6-8 week shutdown?
Let's test the kids for CV 3 weeks before and get them in school if tests are negative after a 2nd test 3 weeks later. Then they are taught by someone 25 years or younger who also tests negative twice until successful drug treatments are widely available for all teachers who are 30 years+. I'd say that is a winning plan, right? Also social distancing is to be practiced too.

Policies needs to be put in place to be successful. Having no plan is a plan to fail.

Be a voice in your school district so they can do the right thing. Not every unilateral decision local school districts make is the right one, especially when your kids do return to the traditional classroom. They should be studying how k1-k6 kids went back to school in Taiwan.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:16 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Be a voice in your school district so they can do the right thing. Not every unilateral decision local school districts make is the right one, especially when your kids do return to the traditional classroom. They should be studying how k1-k6 kids went back to school in Taiwan.
Do you mean after SARS? Taiwanese schools never closed for COVID-19, nor did society. Life goes on there as normal.

A month ago, the plan was to close a classroom if a child was detected with COVID-19. If 2 children in a school were detected, they would close the school. However, due to rigorous testing (and geographic separation, and few foreigners) the disease has not yet established a foothold in the community.

Old 03-29-2020, 10:25 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
from your post above ^ Infectitious disease expert Dr. Odom said,

" I think some of the data that we're starting to see is showing that it's possible for children to be infected with COVID-19 and have minimal to no symptoms. I think for that reason, the decision that a lot of states have made, including Alabama, to close schools was the right one."

- In France, more than half of the country's 300 patients in intensive care units are under 60, according to The Associated Press.
I agree. Zero risk of infection and zero possibly spreading from kids is better than potential risking them. That's an easy decision.

How about this option for kids in the near future after the 6-8 week shutdown?
Let's test the kids for CV 3 weeks before and get them in school if tests are negative after a 2nd test 3 weeks later. Then they are taught by someone 25 years or younger who also tests negative twice until successful drug treatments are widely available for all teachers who are 30 years+. I'd say that is a winning plan, right? Also social distancing is to be practiced too.

Policies needs to be put in place to be successful. Having no plan is a plan to fail.

In Illinois there has been several kids under the age of 10 would have the Covid-19 virus. A 12yr old is on a ventilator and an infant just died! So children are starting to contract it and it can be serious in them as well!

https://apnews.com/52e3b278f89053b318991b5db3992ba3

Old 05-01-2020, 05:57 PM

735 posts, read 452,724 times
In my state, unless you have to go to work because you're falling under the essential workers, you have to keep your kids at home. I'm fortunate that I'm allowed to work at home. I get to spend time more with my kid, and she doesn't have to go to the daycare which she dislike since she's the oldest there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting