Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 09:53 AM

355 posts, read 225,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
improvise - cloth diapers.
This generation hasn't even HEARD of cloth diapers, trust me. I had them when I was a baby, simply because we were poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 09:55 AM

355 posts, read 225,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I had my son almost trained at 18 months until we movedA new daycare insisted 18 months was too young and reversed him back to diapers
"almost trained"?

Can you blame the daycare?

Old 03-21-2020, 10:31 AM

797 posts, read 238,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Maybe this is the time to start potty training!
My thought was, be a good time to learn how to use cloth diapers!

Old 03-21-2020, 10:37 AM

Is it pure and simple stupidity, where today's generation of mothers have no idea about cloth diapers, or does it boil down to stupidity by design?

Old 03-21-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindraker View Post
This generation hasn't even HEARD of cloth diapers, trust me. I had them when I was a baby, simply because we were poor.
My kids had cloth diapers with rubber pants in the 80's and 90's, and it had nothing to do with being poor, but rather, I always felt that old-fashioned cloth diapers were best, and, being old-fashioned myself, I preferred diapering the old-fashioned way.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
only problem is safety pins for cloth diapers aren't sold in stores anymore. At least to my knowledge....

My heart breaks for the mommas everywhere when they go to the store and the necessities they need for their baby is out. Babies need to eat and their diapers changed. I can't imagine being a parent or caregiver and going to the store and seeing empty shelves of where diapers, wipes and formula used to be.

Not every mother can breastfeed and cloth diapers doesn't work for everyone. Most daycare centers only allow disposable diapers.
I firmly believe that pure laziness today is what guides the use of disposable diapers, not the fact that cloth diapers don't work.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
A lot of people have only EVER used cloth diapers. Why can't she do the same? I have a supply of cloth diapers that I kept when the disposables ran out. I thought everyone kept cloth diapers around for emergencies.

The reason many people are "hoarding" is because they are told to quarantine themselves for a while. So that means they have to stock up on things, so they won't be risking their health making multiple trips to the grocery store. I think we need to stop judging people who are stocking up on things they need.

Almost every day there is a news story with someone upset because the store ran out of something.
That was me back in the 80's and 90's, when my kids were babies... cloth diapers (only) in our house, no disposables.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:09 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,005,355 times
Those unfortunate mothers who can't find disposable diapers and don't know how to use cloth diapers, that is what google is for.

People can't even innovate to the point of looking online, or, advanced searching, use You Tube? I haven't looked but I would safely bet that there are videos on you tube about how to use a cloth diaper.

Hey, maybe they could call their mother, their mother-in-law, or someone's granny and ask for advice.

For those of you with tearful relatives who can't find diaper pins to buy, tell them to go to the local saddlery and buy some blanket pins. Although I will give the general public a break if they don't know about blanket pins.

All of this information is extremely available online. Internet is not down.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Those unfortunate mothers who can't find disposable diapers and don't know how to use cloth diapers, that is what google is for.

People can't even innovate to the point of looking online, or, advanced searching, use You Tube? I haven't looked but I would safely bet that there are videos on you tube about how to use a cloth diaper.

Hey, maybe they could call their mother, their mother-in-law, or someone's granny and ask for advice.

For those of you with tearful relatives who can't find diaper pins to buy, tell them to go to the local saddlery and buy some blanket pins. Although I will give the general public a break if they don't know about blanket pins.

All of this information is extremely available online. Internet is not down.
Well said! My sentiment to a T!

I grew up in a home with many baby siblings, and by age 8, was changing diapers (cloth diapers, pins, rubber pants), and if an 8 y/o can do it, surely a grown woman can.

Last edited by Size18; 03-21-2020 at 11:49 AM..

Old 03-21-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Not condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar and water. I was given it as a baby.
As a babysitter I remember making baby formula all the time. Karo Syrup and evaporated milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting