U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-23-2020, 09:00 AM
Status: "The ministers cat is an exhausted cat" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: NJ
1,051 posts, read 359,711 times
Reputation: 3598

Advertisements

This thread is just more of the same shaming. She was probably just overwhelmed by all of this like most people. Before this all started her husband was going to school full time and getting his stipend and his GI bill and she was working for extra money and taking care of the kids and practically overnight everything changed. We are all a little extra stressed and this was probably one more thing to deal with. Noone here has cried a little over realizing how crazy and scary and absurd everything is? I counted toilet paper the other day. I always have plenty but i didnt want running out of toilet paper and not being able to find it being the last thing that pushes me over the edge. This is stressful for everyone and blaming this overwhelmed emotional woman who has probably tried to keep it together for her children is very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-23-2020, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Texas
12,799 posts, read 5,178,231 times
Reputation: 24741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
This is stressful for everyone and blaming this overwhelmed emotional woman who has probably tried to keep it together for her children is very sad.
She made the video herself and publicized it, so she will need to be adult enough to realize that there is going to be criticism of her behavior.

What FLOORED me is that there were diapers in the store she went to - just not in the size of her child. Why couldn't she improvise and make a large diaper smaller, or put two diapers together to make a large one?

She is crying because she knows she is stupid.

And if you don't have toilet paper, you can cut up old t-shirts, and use that. And clean them afterward. Many people have done this for years because they don't want toilet paper clogging up their system and dry toilet paper does not get people very clean, anyway. It's actually a horrible method of cleaning oneself after using the bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 09:22 AM
 
781 posts, read 112,443 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
This thread is just more of the same shaming. She was probably just overwhelmed by all of this like most people. Before this all started her husband was going to school full time and getting his stipend and his GI bill and she was working for extra money and taking care of the kids and practically overnight everything changed. We are all a little extra stressed and this was probably one more thing to deal with. Noone here has cried a little over realizing how crazy and scary and absurd everything is? I counted toilet paper the other day. I always have plenty but i didnt want running out of toilet paper and not being able to find it being the last thing that pushes me over the edge. This is stressful for everyone and blaming this overwhelmed emotional woman who has probably tried to keep it together for her children is very sad.
I don't buy into today's bleeding-heart movement, there's far too much of that out there already.


Today's generation wants it all, and they want it yesterday. Marriage, kids, full-time jobs, the house on the hill, the white picket fence, a row of luxury vehicles at their disposal, family vacations, parties & get-togethers, and the list goes on. Times have changed. It's high-time young people learned how to plan and prioritize, and it's really high-time today's generation learned that there's more to life than disposable this, and disposable that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Texas
12,799 posts, read 5,178,231 times
Reputation: 24741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Size18 View Post
I don't buy into today's bleeding-heart movement, there's far too much of that out there already.


Today's generation wants it all, and they want it yesterday. Marriage, kids, full-time jobs, the house on the hill, the white picket fence, a row of luxury vehicles at their disposal, family vacations, parties & get-togethers, and the list goes on. Times have changed. It's high-time young people learned how to plan and prioritize, and it's really high-time today's generation learned that there's more to life than disposable this, and disposable that.
I agree. People want disposable everything.

My own mother never used disposable diapers and somehow she survived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 09:25 AM
 
781 posts, read 112,443 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
This thread is just more of the same shaming. She was probably just overwhelmed by all of this like most people. Before this all started her husband was going to school full time and getting his stipend and his GI bill and she was working for extra money and taking care of the kids and practically overnight everything changed. We are all a little extra stressed and this was probably one more thing to deal with. Noone here has cried a little over realizing how crazy and scary and absurd everything is? I counted toilet paper the other day. I always have plenty but i didnt want running out of toilet paper and not being able to find it being the last thing that pushes me over the edge. This is stressful for everyone and blaming this overwhelmed emotional woman who has probably tried to keep it together for her children is very sad.
I don't find it sad, I find it pathetic, carrying on like a baby herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 09:30 AM
Status: "The ministers cat is an exhausted cat" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: NJ
1,051 posts, read 359,711 times
Reputation: 3598
Good lord. You people are no better than the hoarders buying everything then sitting in your house saying oh well should have gotten there sooner, good thing i have these 200 rolls of paper. I am flabbergasted by the insensitivity of people to other peoples plight. She likely wasnt crying because of the diapers ya'll. That was just the straw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 09:32 AM
 
781 posts, read 112,443 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I agree. People want disposable everything.

My own mother never used disposable diapers and somehow she survived.
OMG, yes, and in our house, too! Not only did my siblings and I survive wearing cloth diapers, my own children survived wearing cloth diapers, and I can't help but think about all the little bottoms I changed in rubber pants (back in my babysitting days), back in the day when everyone used cloth diapers, and all of those kids survived just fine as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 09:41 AM
 
781 posts, read 112,443 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Good lord. You people are no better than the hoarders buying everything then sitting in your house saying oh well should have gotten there sooner, good thing i have these 200 rolls of paper. I am flabbergasted by the insensitivity of people to other peoples plight. She likely wasnt crying because of the diapers ya'll. That was just the straw.
You may be right, it may very well have been nothing at all to do with diapers, but going back to one of my previous posts, many young families of today want it all, they bring on their own woes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 10:07 AM
 
Location: North Idaho
24,570 posts, read 31,989,380 times
Reputation: 49727
Lots of People are stressed right now, but they don't feel they have to make a video of themselves crying and then post it on the internet.

Maybe she was hoping that soft hearted people would send her money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Status: "The ministers cat is an exhausted cat" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: NJ
1,051 posts, read 359,711 times
Reputation: 3598
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Lots of People are stressed right now, but they don't feel they have to make a video of themselves crying and then post it on the internet.

Maybe she was hoping that soft hearted people would send her money.
I will agree that it wasnt necessary to make the video, and that is a millennial thing that i dont do. She did say she wasnt going to give out her paypal or whatever because it wasnt about money. The amount of money means nothing if there is nothing to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:05 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top