U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 03:18 PM

19,705 posts, read 24,825,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You make us sound almost human, sheena! Everything you've said about Mormons (except for the spelling ) was right on, not to mention the fact that, when coming from a non-Mormons such as yourself, this information will probably be more likely to be accepted as accurate than if had I posted it myself. I appreciate your taking the time to set the record straight.
Lol! What did I misspell? Tell me so I can correct it before it's too late. Never mind. I changed it. I really know the spelling, but twice I substituted an "a" for the "o" in "Mormon".

I meant every word of what I said. I have observed this. Since I come from an artistic family, I have noticed that LDS families value the visual and performing arts. I was a Theater Arts minor and a dancer. I also participated in a teen beauty pageant and I met a very nice contestant who had a crazy (in a good way) sense of humor who was from upstate NY. I had no idea why some of the other girls, - particularly Southern Baptists, were gossiping (nice Christians about this girl behind her back. One came up to me and said "Do y'all know that Pam isn't a Christian?" (I may be little, but I do speak my mind - especially then. Sometimes TOO much.) She walked right into it with me! I said "Yes she is. She's LDS. YOU and your friends are the ones who aren't acting like Christians".

That was the end of that.

ETA - it is always better if someone from the outside "sets it straight" and I am known for not caring about what other people think. Which gets me in trouble at times.

Old 03-30-2020, 03:31 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,443,570 times
22 kids, she's almost there to fill out an MLB roster

Old 03-30-2020, 04:23 PM

6,232 posts, read 5,102,239 times
They seem happy and well-cared for.
Nice to see a family together and smiling.
Rather than a broken family where the mom is on welfare, dad is nowhere to be found, and the kids are running around all hours of the night.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:14 PM

22,959 posts, read 23,508,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Lol! What did I misspell? Tell me so I can correct it before it's too late. Never mind. I changed it. I really know the spelling, but twice I substituted an "a" for the "o" in "Mormon".

I meant every word of what I said. I have observed this. Since I come from an artistic family, I have noticed that LDS families value the visual and performing arts. I was a Theater Arts minor and a dancer. I also participated in a teen beauty pageant and I met a very nice contestant who had a crazy (in a good way) sense of humor who was from upstate NY. I had no idea why some of the other girls, - particularly Southern Baptists, were gossiping (nice Christians about this girl behind her back. One came up to me and said "Do y'all know that Pam isn't a Christian?" (I may be little, but I do speak my mind - especially then. Sometimes TOO much.) She walked right into it with me! I said "Yes she is. She's LDS. YOU and your friends are the ones who aren't acting like Christians".

That was the end of that.

ETA - it is always better if someone from the outside "sets it straight" and I am known for not caring about what other people think. Which gets me in trouble at times.
Yeah, I know how that works -- getting in trouble for speaking your mind.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:14 PM

1,969 posts, read 2,402,765 times
Bunch of neanderthals. There is no reason to have many kids. Some people need to be neutered for betterment of mankind.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:36 PM

19,705 posts, read 24,825,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
Sue Radford was 14 when she had her first child, and she didn’t stop there, eventually giving birth to a total of 21 kids. But why did she decide to have so many, and how exactly do Sue and her husband Noel support them financially? It’s time to address all the fascinating stories behind their decisions — as well as one more surprise that’s well on its way.

https://www.directexpose.com/radford-family-children/
They are British, so they have health care, which is good. They appear to be members of the Church of England, so they are not Quiver Full Christian Dominionists.

What do they do to earn a living? Reading between the lines - the bake pies, so they have a little sweat shop going in inside their home.

People for some reason just LOVE families like this. So people give them things! Oh, and not surprisingly, they HAVE THEIR OWN TV SHOW! So without being asked, every kid is forced into living a very life. They probably endorse products. Appear on talk shows, television commercials etc.

I have some training in photograph reading - a practice used by some psychologists. Many of the children - particularly those in the middle, look overwhelmed, withdrawn and depressed. They didn't choose this life. Their parents did. I would have NEVER wanted to grow up this way. I would have not liked waiting in line to speak to my parents or sharing a bedroom with 3 or 4 sisters.

When do they get to express their individuality? I suppose they attend school. Then they have homework. House work. And forced baking.

I am ALL FOR CHILDREN HELPING AROUND the HOUSE and HAVING CHORES! And for families pulling together and helping one another out. But THIS sounds ALL CONSUMING.

The eldest kids seem to have inherited the "Family Trade" - Baby Making!

Ugghhh...I am not comfortable with any of this. Medically it is well known that it is ideal for there to be eighteen months between children. For the benefit of the mother, and of the baby.

This is why families of a higher educational level have children who achieve in school and statistically perform better on standardized tests, in school and socially. This situation can't be good for children.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:52 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,000,046 times
Thread has gone down hill. All that can be said seems to have been.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or