Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 02:19 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
You are incorrect. There is a worldwide overpopulation problem. Extinctions due to habitat loss and pollution are just one side effect. But, go ahead, flood the planet with your progeny.
Well I have hit the dam with producing any more progeny. But feel free to go to any of those worldwide countries that's causing the problem, and tell them to shape up.

Last edited by Minethatbird; 03-29-2020 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: omission

Old 03-29-2020, 02:30 PM

9,398 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Holy shhh-moley! And we thought our neighbor down the street was pushing it a bit when she had four in four years.

Pop must make one yooj bundle of money. Look at all those deductions!

Old 03-29-2020, 02:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Holy shhh-moley! And we thought our neighbor down the street was pushing it a bit when she had four in four years.

Pop must make one yooj bundle of money. Look at all those deductions!
It doesn't have to be that yooj when you live in a 1st World country following (for now) EU guidelines for a somewhat more equitable distribution of the National Treasure than is common in the U.S.

Old 03-29-2020, 03:22 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,728,060 times
Ridiculous! It's not safe for her or her child!

Old 03-29-2020, 04:29 PM

7,061 posts, read 4,506,701 times
It's crazy on many levels. First of all with that many kids the kids are having to care for one another. I am a strong believer that parents should take care of the kids. Not possible with 21. It's dangerous and she is putting her life at risk when she has so many kids.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:56 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Those two need to find another hobby !!

Old 03-29-2020, 05:16 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
We don't have an overpopulation problem. Thank God for big families.

Just on my dad's side, my grandma had 6 children. They gave her 11 grandchildren. I am the 7th of the 11.

Now between us 11; we gave her 56 great-grandchildren. Eleven of them are mine. The only one of us cousins that had more than me is my cousin Shannon (#6), who had 12.

None of us are on welfare. All eleven of us are college educated. I am the poorest because my 11th was disabled at age 2. And by the way; ALL OBGYN's say: "You will DIE" after your fourth, lol. They can't get over themselves & they have been indoctrinated by population-control politics that infiltrated the medical community after the CREST study was published in the 70s.

Good for him for getting his vasectomy reversed before it did any damage. I had my tubal reversed because it made me sick for 11 years.
What fantasy world do you live in if you think the world isn't overpopulated? Tell me without quoting Scripture.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:25 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,436,021 times
I am amazed that her uterus hasn’t fallen out. Yes, I know that sounds crude, but I truly am amazed. Wow.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:06 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
It's crazy on many levels. First of all with that many kids the kids are having to care for one another. I am a strong believer that parents should take care of the kids. Not possible with 21. It's dangerous and she is putting her life at risk when she has so many kids.
PARENTS should parent children - NOT older siblings.

This is selfish, attention seeking behavior, What are they trying to prove? They can not have the best interest"s of their children as a priority.

There is nothing wrong with a large family, however; keeping the family in single digits, seems reasonable. Five is a large family, Eight is a large family. Twenty
his madness, It's a small orphanage or group home rather than a family.

I also think that TLC, is irresponsible by airing these programs and making celebrities out of these people. They are mostly members of far right religious groups, who seek to turn the United States into a "Christian Nation"

The Founding Fathers were clear in their vision of the US as a secular country,

I feel certain that these kiddos are having their childhood's stolen from them by being forced to be parents, not children.

STOP WATCHING these people on TV and stop making them rich. Maybe this kind of programs vanish into obscurity.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:05 AM

17,262 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
PARENTS should parent children - NOT older siblings.

This is selfish, attention seeking behavior, What are they trying to prove? They can not have the best interest"s of their children as a priority.

I feel certain that these kiddos are having their childhood's stolen from them by being forced to be parents, not children.
I had a neighbor with 5 kids.....the older kids were surrogate parents to the younger kids. When it go sad, the parents were too busy to attend the youngest kids school plays/events.........they already did that boring stuff with the oldest kids. Parents should have had less kids, supported those kids more rather than spread their time thinner with the larger group.

My father's family: 6 sons! Only one son got married for more than a month, that one son was the only one of the 6 to ever have children. Decades later those 4 grandchildren produced 10 great grandchildren. So big families don't always produce tons of offspring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting