U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-07-2020, 10:50 AM
 
657 posts, read 175,252 times
Reputation: 843

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That's why she wanted you there, to have something to do - someone else to focus on.

Your dad had probably had enough of it.

So apparently they are fine?
At least physically they are fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-07-2020, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
4,399 posts, read 2,173,317 times
Reputation: 4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
For 600 miles, you can fly, drive or take a bus or a train.

My father and I don’t really say any thing to each other. We aren’t close.

I’m trying to socially distance but my mother is like glue.
So which was it? Did you drive, fly, take a bus or train? Any mode of travel would have been risky and challenging (a story to tell) during this time. Even a 10 hour drive and having to get gas, use public restrooms, get food at crowded potentially crowded rest stops (how are rest stops operating now???), etc. would have prompted mention of the grueling trip. Odd that no details about this were mentioned at all?

You mention your "parents" throughout this thread, but now you mention you are not close with your father at all?

In your initial post, you said your mother insisted that you come but stay away, isolated in your bedroom? So what changed that she is now clinging onto you?

You make a trip like that in these conditions, say you are swamped with work on top of dealing with your mother (who is apparently clinging to you) during this difficult time, yet you have had time to post pretty regularly on this thread?

I'm starting to have more and more doubts about this story and whether it's true........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 11:44 AM
 
657 posts, read 175,252 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
So which was it? Did you drive, fly, take a bus or train? Any mode of travel would have been risky and challenging (a story to tell) during this time. Even a 10 hour drive and having to get gas, use public restrooms, get food at crowded potentially crowded rest stops (how are rest stops operating now???), etc. would have prompted mention of the grueling trip. Odd that no details about this were mentioned at all?

You mention your "parents" throughout this thread, but now you mention you are not close with your father at all?

In your initial post, you said your mother insisted that you come but stay away, isolated in your bedroom? So what changed that she is now clinging onto you?

You make a trip like that in these conditions, say you are swamped with work on top of dealing with your mother (who is apparently clinging to you) during this difficult time, yet you have had time to post pretty regularly on this thread?

I'm starting to have more and more doubts about this story and whether it's true........
OK, it's all false.

Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 01:14 PM
 
Location: planet earth
6,626 posts, read 2,752,975 times
Reputation: 14903
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
OK, it's all false.

Thanks everyone.
This has been a ridiculous waste of time.

He/she never said what the problem was that his/her mother was having.

He/she never said that he/she left to go be with the demanding parents.

He/she never gave any update details at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 02:21 PM
 
5,689 posts, read 1,656,020 times
Reputation: 9957
I would say "No."

Remember, the above in quotation marks is a full sentence and requires no elaboration or explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 03:12 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
84,170 posts, read 77,166,824 times
Reputation: 85043
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
We are not allowed to come to the office and everyone is working remotely. We have to report travel, which I did. Boss is fine with this.
I know you're supposed to be working remotely. You also said, there's no wifi or internet at your parents' house. Your boss is ok with you taking time off? You don't have any deadlines to meet, or work to get done that's part of a team? So you weren't in a busy period after all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 03:24 PM
 
657 posts, read 175,252 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know you're supposed to be working remotely. You also said, there's no wifi or internet at your parents' house. Your boss is ok with you taking time off? You don't have any deadlines to meet, or work to get done that's part of a team? So you weren't in a busy period after all?
I don't recall saying that there is no wifi at my parents' house. There definitely is. I am working. My job is in front of a computer for hours on end so a few minutes here and there online is part of the workday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Prepperland
14,501 posts, read 10,532,418 times
Reputation: 10952
Stay in place.
Do not travel.
If you are asymptomatic, you could be shedding viruses that would sicken them.
Or sicken others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
26,269 posts, read 16,923,469 times
Reputation: 39910
OP, I hope your being at your parents’ house quiets your mother’s fears.

I am wondering if you are seeing signs of cognitive decline? Are they functioning well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 05:28 PM
 
657 posts, read 175,252 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
OP, I hope your being at your parents’ house quiets your mother’s fears.

I am wondering if you are seeing signs of cognitive decline? Are they functioning well?
Thanks. She now seems much happier. My father definitely has cognitive decline but my mother does not- as sharp as ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top