U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 11:02 AM

4,824 posts, read 7,597,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Because it's meant to be a memorable lesson and a deterrent.

Are you going to shoplift again?
Waiting for that answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersally12 View Post
I cant do the time, have you any idea what its like to be locked in your room while all youre friends are out having fun ? my parents say if I ever steal or misbehave again they wont hesitate to lock me in my room again, why is punishment so MISREABLE ?
Behavior has consequences. How old are you, 11?

Old 04-08-2020, 01:08 PM

9,528 posts, read 3,571,629 times
Quote:
3 or 4 weeks ago i got caught shoplifting from our local shop, luckily for me the shopkeeper knew my mum and told her instead of the police, my parents went mad and said the last thing they want is for me to go to prison, i was then given my punishment, as it was half term and we had a week off school, my parents said i would be getting a weeks worth of prison life it was HORRIBLE, my parents stripped my bedroom of EVERYTHING except bed , desk and chair they then LOCKED me in my bedroom with a key, i had to get up at 6am everyday, after a shower and breakfast i was then locked back into my room, i was allowed half an hours excersise in the garden per day otherwise i was locked up in my bedroom at ALL times, i was set 4 hours of schoolwork per day including lines and punishment essays, i wasnt even allowed to wear my own clothes i had to wear my navy blue school shirt and skirt, lights out at 9pm, i had to suffer 7 days of this punishment i HATED it so much , my older sister says i deserved to be punished what do you think ?

Seriously? Are you even 18?

Old 04-08-2020, 01:38 PM

15,330 posts, read 840,546 times
Quote:
NO I cant stand being locked in my room it was HORRIBLE I hate confined spaces so being locked up was hard, I begged my parents to let me off with just a weekend locked up but they made me serve 7 days, I think that was too harsh, I think I should have been let out after 2 days don't you ?
Maybe you should have stolen only 2/7th of what you stole to justify the shorter sentence.
Be thankful the police was not called. It could have had a lasting impact on your education and potential careers.

Old 04-08-2020, 01:43 PM

6,997 posts, read 5,649,743 times
Boo hoo.

Your parents did absolutely the right thing. Hopefully it made an impression, because the next time, if I were your parent, I would call the police myself and turn you in.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:15 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,349,147 times
Before getting too excited here, try googling "supersally12." Just sayin'...

Old 04-08-2020, 02:19 PM

15,330 posts, read 840,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Before getting too excited here, try googling "supersally12." Just sayin'...
Therapy instead?

Old 04-08-2020, 02:33 PM

657 posts, read 176,916 times
Quote:
3 or 4 weeks ago i got caught shoplifting from our local shop, luckily for me the shopkeeper knew my mum and told her instead of the police, my parents went mad and said the last thing they want is for me to go to prison, i was then given my punishment, as it was half term and we had a week off school, my parents said i would be getting a weeks worth of prison life it was HORRIBLE, my parents stripped my bedroom of EVERYTHING except bed , desk and chair they then LOCKED me in my bedroom with a key, i had to get up at 6am everyday, after a shower and breakfast i was then locked back into my room, i was allowed half an hours excersise in the garden per day otherwise i was locked up in my bedroom at ALL times, i was set 4 hours of schoolwork per day including lines and punishment essays, i wasnt even allowed to wear my own clothes i had to wear my navy blue school shirt and skirt, lights out at 9pm, i had to suffer 7 days of this punishment i HATED it so much , my older sister says i deserved to be punished what do you think ?
Consider yourself fortunate and learn your lesson: don’t ever shoplift again.

Old 04-08-2020, 03:07 PM

7,843 posts, read 11,004,941 times
Closed considering moderator consideration regarding duplications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.