Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 06:25 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,900,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboard19 View Post

I said she needs to move back out with that kind of mouth. She was kicked out a year earlier and moved to another state.

She's an adult. Kick her out again. Permanently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 02:29 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,522,191 times
She needs to be booted out for speaking that way to mom. Don't let her in, dont send her money or provide support in any way. Its time for her to grow up.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:38 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
She's an adult. Kick her out again. Permanently.
Sure. Kick her out. Show her who is boss. Lock the door and go on with your lives.

She will not straighten her self out on the streets.

If you want to lose your daughter follow that advice.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:45 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Sure. Kick her out. Show her who is boss. Lock the door and go on with your lives.

She will not straighten her self out on the streets.

If you want to lose your daughter follow that advice.
The daughter is an abusive adult.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:46 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Why have you posted, OP? Are you looking for advice or do you want to argue politics, ideology and other random points? We cannot argue for your daughter, that's her case to make, even if she either doesn't know how to (or cannot) argue her point without inflammation. You could draw the line then but you clearly do not. Your(?) daughter does have a lot to learn, but so do you and her mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Welcome to City-Data
On second thought all of the above LOL.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:47 AM

28 posts, read 23,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
She needs to be booted out for speaking that way to mom. Don't let her in, dont send her money or provide support in any way. Its time for her to grow up.
I agree but her mom forgives her for everything and just talks to her to not repeat that behavior, but it gets repeated over and over. It hasn't worked for 10+ years. She used to listen to me but has disrespected everyone in her mom's family except my side of the family.
If you cannot accept that some young adult teens are simply extreme cases and deserve professional help I don't know how you'll ever be convinced unless you had spent those years with her.
We are not dogs whereby if we're taught by one person at an early age the same outcome always happens 99-percent of the time.
There's more family & friends that support how we raised her. Her outbursts & mood swings are a terrible sickness. Like many household in the US, adults have to let them loose and figure out their own value and if they still love their parents. I'd say right now she doesn't.
There's more stories that would make your head explode and say, "wow", but there' s no need to disclose bad memories. There were many great memories and laughter in her early years.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:04 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
Haven't read the entire thread, but from what I have read, OP is extremely biased and controlling, and unable to entertain the fact that adults can have different political ideas that are not "crap," but well-thought-out ideas about things. The OP is the one that has shown no respect for his daughter being a sovereign human being with the right to her own opinions.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:08 AM

28 posts, read 23,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Haven't read the entire thread, but from what I have read, OP is extremely biased and controlling, and unable to entertain the fact that adults can have different political ideas that are not "crap," but well-thought-out ideas about things. The OP is the one that has shown no respect for his daughter being a sovereign human being with the right to her own opinions.
A sovereign person. This is exactly who she is and what she does!!!
biased and controlling? it sounds more like you are and that I can't have an opinion if it doesn't mesh with yours. All I was mentioning was common sense responsibilities.
How's your family or kids doing? I am sure you'll tell the truth about your "sovereign" kids.

Well thought out ideas? We can listen but we can also call it out when it isn't well thought out. I'm getting the sense you may be a young millennial who was allegedly abused, made some wrong choices as we all do, but you are overly defensive and quickly label people you don't know.

Wake up!! Talk to more people. More ethnicities. Live abroad and get a perspective instead of a bubble USA perspective.
People here still live & grow up within different cultures and family rules and not everyone is like you. Asians, middle- easterns, lacks, latinos. Each have different sets of standards in raising a family that likely don't jive with yours. Ours just pushes common sense.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:30 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
She is 19 years old, she is an adult. She is also an abusive adult. Time to cut the cord and move her out for good. I wouldn't let someone like her around my family.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:52 PM

24,514 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboard19 View Post
A sovereign person. This is exactly who she is and what she does!!!
biased and controlling? it sounds more like you are and that I can't have an opinion if it doesn't mesh with yours. All I was mentioning was common sense responsibilities.
How's your family or kids doing? I am sure you'll tell the truth about your "sovereign" kids.

Well thought out ideas? We can listen but we can also call it out when it isn't well thought out. I'm getting the sense you may be a young millennial who was allegedly abused, made some wrong choices as we all do, but you are overly defensive and quickly label people you don't know.

Wake up!! Talk to more people. More ethnicities. Live abroad and get a perspective instead of a bubble USA perspective.
People here still live & grow up within different cultures and family rules and not everyone is like you. Asians, middle- easterns, lacks, latinos. Each have different sets of standards in raising a family that likely don't jive with yours. Ours just pushes common sense.
Remembering some of your posts about a home with parents being gone extended periods of time, parents not agreeing on anything - she is the creation of her environment. What do you want to "raise" at 19?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting