Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 05:07 AM

30 posts, read 18,171 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm a mother from a 7 years old son, who grows from it's birth into a gender neutral way.
My child is wearing boys and girls clothing plays with boys and girls toys , he is both.
He is signed with the M ( male ) marker.

From out of 1 of July it is legal for citizen of my country to change the gender marker to X what's means genderless/neutral for once after this change it can't turn back.

Now I'm start thinking that it's would be good for my child that I write out his gender marker M ( male ) and describe my cild again with gender marker X , so that my child become genderless/neutral by law.

Is it worth to do it and let my son become a genderless/neutral person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 05:55 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free35 View Post
Hi,

I'm a mother from a 7 years old son, who grows from it's birth into a gender neutral way.
My child is wearing boys and girls clothing plays with boys and girls toys , he is both.
He is signed with the M ( male ) marker.

From out of 1 of July it is legal for citizen of my country to change the gender marker to X what's means genderless/neutral for once after this change it can't turn back.

Now I'm start thinking that it's would be good for my child that I write out his gender marker M ( male ) and describe my cild again with gender marker X , so that my child become genderless/neutral by law.

Is it worth to do it and let my son become a genderless/neutral person
"Worth it" in what way?

Why should you get to make this decision for your son now? Why not let him grow up and be who he wants to be?

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:00 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
I think that should be their decision when they are legally old enough to decide for themselves how they wish to be designated.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:06 AM

9,979 posts, read 5,677,344 times
He is not "both." The fact he sometimes plays with girls toys doesn't make him "both," it just means he sometimes plays with girl's toys. He is male. This is an immutable, biological fact regardless of what garments he prefers on any given day.

I swear, half the girls in my generation who were considered "tomboys" yet were unmistakably female would have been shoved into "gender reassignment therapy" or some such nonsense in today's crazy world.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:42 AM

6,459 posts, read 7,793,546 times
If this is a real question (i.e. not meant to stir up the masses), the answer is a hard no, you should not change his gender designation at 7yrs old because he currently happens to sometimes enjoy playing with things other than cars and superheros.

I don't have a pickup truck but am not changing my designation. My wife's favorite color is not pink and she is not changing hers.

People really make me scratch my head sometimes.

Old 07-11-2020, 03:04 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
It's a dangerous trend. Most kids won't be thankful.
Same with giving weird names. What some parents want is not always in their kids best interest.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:00 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Your child is 7. No. If they want to make a change when they are an adult, fine.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:36 PM

521 posts, read 292,591 times
what are the benefits of becoming a neutral person? he is too young for this

Old 07-12-2020, 07:49 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Interesting that we still refer to them as boys toys/clothes and girls toys/clothes. I don't think we're anywhere near being as gender free as some people think we headed towards.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:40 AM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Interesting that we still refer to them as boys toys/clothes and girls toys/clothes. I don't think we're anywhere near being as gender free as some people think we headed towards.
Even the most woke people, deep in their hearts, don't want to live in a gender-free world. This is less about abandoning gender than about glorifying "choice," which has become the greatest goal. Having a specific gender is fine as long as people get to "choose it for themselves."

Unfortunately, the list of things we cannot choose has always been long: where we are born, who our parents are, our race, our height, our biological sex, and many other things. Elevating "choice" is causing people to lose the ability to cope with that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting