Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 09:01 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,836 times

Advertisements

Are a lot of little boys like this? I don't have a problem with them peeing in their own yard which my nephew does often. However, out in public, such as when we're camping, he'll just pee on out in the open with no regards who is around. Once he did it in front of some company 2ft. away. I was mortified. His mom made some comments to him when he did that. He seems to refuse to use the bathroom even if it's close by. When I was babysitting him, I told my nephew that he needs use the bathroom and that it's gross to go potty where people can see him. I'm not sure why his parents don't nip it in the bud and encourage him to use the toilet instead of going outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 09:23 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,162 times
Default 3yr. old nephew has no shame peeing outside even in public places

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Are a lot of little boys like this? I don't have a problem with them peeing in their own yard which my nephew does often. However, out in public, such as when we're camping, he'll just pee on out in the open with no regards who is around. Once he did it in front of some company 2ft. away. I was mortified. His mom made some comments to him when he did that. He seems to refuse to use the bathroom even if it's close by. When I was babysitting him, I told my nephew that he needs use the bathroom and that it's gross to go potty where people can see him. I'm not sure why his parents don't nip it in the bud and encourage him to use the toilet instead of going outside.
Are a lot of little boys like this? Yeah, it's one of the few perks of being a male. We can pee, anywhere, any time. We don't have to wear a bra, at least til' we get old and fat. We don't have periods, or babies.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:25 AM

1,299 posts, read 822,615 times
They can be. Kids don't know social norms until their parents teach them. A three year old isn't too young to start learning them. Lucky for your nephew he has you, since his parents don't seem to care about his social skills.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:47 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:

I don't have a problem with them peeing in their own yard which my nephew does often.
This is why ^^.

YOU know the difference between "in the yard" and "in public," but the 3-yr-old does not.

Stop letting him whiz wherever he wants, and tell him that it's for the potty only.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:06 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,136,831 times
Quote:
I don't have a problem with them peeing in their own yard which my nephew does often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
This is why ^^.

YOU know the difference between "in the yard" and "in public," but the 3-yr-old does not.

Stop letting him whiz wherever he wants, and tell him that it's for the potty only.
I agree.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:42 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Please do not try so hard to teach the kid shame. It's not all that good a thing to drum into his head and can cause future problems.

You can take him aside and gently explain that the social convention is to do that in private. Dont try to teach him that it is bad or wrong and thus he is bad or wrong.

The same applies to masterbating, although you did task about that.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:24 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,336,894 times
Yes, lots of little boys are like that. I remember my son and a few of my nephews doing the same in the yard, even with others around. They don't differentiate at that age what is acceptable/not acceptable.

I was mortified one day at an ocean beach many years ago. My son, about 3 at the time, decided it was fine to walk to the edge of the water and pee. Before I realized what he was doing he had his trunks down half-way and was going.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
3 year old boys pee outside until they're instructed not to. They're playing outside, they have to go, they pee.

They need to be told, DO NOT PEE WHERE ANYONE CAN SEE YOU. ESPECIALLY AT A PARTY.

Done and done. They get it.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:42 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Yes little boys do pee outside including my grandson, nephews and one time my son, of course we live in the country so I see no problem with it and they are/were little boys.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:47 PM

13 posts, read 7,724 times
Very common here. Heck it’s fairly common here for a little boy on the t-ball team to pee out on the field during the middle of the game. Those are 4-5 year olds. Sure they usually turn around and face the fence but have there pants and undies down to there ankles mooning everyone. Lol Honestly I don’t really see an issue with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting