U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM

597 posts, read 312,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Different strokes for different folks. My family recently spent a week camping. My brother and his wife's kids play with other kids on the playground and beach. Also, they play with other kids of their parents' friends who they have invited over for company. Everyone has different opinions about the COVID-19 pandemic. Some people are relaxed about it while others are being very cautious.
As an NP we call children Petri dishes! They are kids ya know...with snotty faces and very poor hygiene....

In this time.....maybe only allow your kids to play with cousins...if you know the family is following the rules..

Strange kids...no way...anyone could be a carrier of Covid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM

597 posts, read 312,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Different strokes for different folks. My family recently spent a week camping. My brother and his wife's kids play with other kids on the playground and beach. Also, they play with other kids of their parents' friends who they have invited over for company. Everyone has different opinions about the COVID-19 pandemic. Some people are relaxed about it while others are being very cautious.
As an NP we call children Petri dishes! They are kids ya know...with snotty faces and very poor hygiene....

In this time.....maybe only allow your kids to play with cousins...if you know the family is following the rules..

Strange kids...no way...anyone could be a carrier of Covid

Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM

44,266 posts, read 55,616,662 times
In Italy, everyone was locked up for months.
In tiny apartments.
No one was allowed to wander about outside.

That being said, not even taking a walk or bike ride seems extreme.

Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM

2,127 posts, read 2,061,946 times
Myob

Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

14,764 posts, read 14,566,193 times
a healthy immune system is needed to stay healthy.
for a child or adult to not get exercise, fresh air, and be outside in the sun is harmful to the health and weakens a person's immune system.
fear worry and anxiety also weaken a person's immune system and make them much more susceptible to disease and illness.

i heard somewhere recently that even when the Covid flu is over and done and under control
there will be people in such a state of fear that they will never again leave the house for the rest of their life
and there will be people who for the rest of their life they will always wear a mask.

when i heard this i thought it was ridiculous, but now i am seeing that people are in such a state of fear and unbalance that i believe those extreme predictions will actually come to pass. it reminds me of "new parents" with their first child, or overprotective parents who smother their children from developing properly by preventing them from engaging in normal daily life, out of the parents extreme overly exaggerated fears and the kid is basically crippled for life emotionally. that's what this reminds me of.

Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM

1,466 posts, read 430,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i heard somewhere recently that even when the Covid flu is over and done and under control
there will be people in such a state of fear that they will never again leave the house for the rest of their life
and there will be people who for the rest of their life they will always wear a mask.
"I heard somewhere recently..."

A statement even more worthless than "Experts say..."

Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM

6,626 posts, read 3,041,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
My daughter treats pediatric COVID-19 patients, two of whom have just had heart attacks at the ages of 2 and 12. That's sad. I can understand parents wanting to keep their kids safe when the cost of getting the disease is so high physically and emotionally.

Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM

14,764 posts, read 14,566,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
"I heard somewhere recently..."
A statement even more worthless than "Experts say..."
it's not worthless, we are already seeing it. it's already happening. look at the opening post.
there are people even in their own home who have locked themselves in the basement wearing a mask and will not even be around their own family members and they literally have food left at the door for meals.

That is unbalanced. So is what is described in the opening post. When someone is in that state, without getting professional help, that emotional unbalance gets worse and spirals in on itself and just goes downhill. People are already in that unbalanced state.

i am seeing it at work too. People who went to 100% telework. And now staff are being called back and there are a bunch who are getting progressively more anxious and won't come back. They are declining to come back to work. They are if anything more fearful now than when things were at their worst. These are people with 15 years with the profession, licensed health care professionals, and they are afraid to come to work. They are becoming paralyzed with fear and anxiety. It's crippling.

Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM

1,466 posts, read 430,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it's not worthless, we are already seeing it. it's already happening. look at the opening post.
there are people even in their own home who have locked themselves in the basement wearing a mask and will not even be around their own family members and they literally have food left at the door for meals.

That is unbalanced. So is what is described in the opening post. When someone is in that state, without getting professional help, that emotional unbalance gets worse and spirals in on itself and just goes downhill. People are already in that unbalanced state.

i am seeing it at work too. People who went to 100% telework. And now staff are being called back and there are a bunch who are getting progressively more anxious and won't come back. They are declining to come back to work. They are if anything more fearful now than when things were at their worst. These are people with 15 years with the profession, licensed health care professionals, and they are afraid to come to work. They are becoming paralyzed with fear and anxiety. It's crippling.
It is worthless. I'm not even getting into what you say; I'm talking about the fact that you used the phrase "I heard somewhere recently..." Where you heard that could have been the mutterings out of the mouth of a homeless person as you walked down the street. You used that phrase to try to throw some authoritativeness behind the anecdotes you're throwing out here, but, no offense, the phrase "I heard somewhere..." is ambiguous and holds no real authoritativeness whatsoever.

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM

11,185 posts, read 7,369,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport185 View Post
Haha how is that child abuse? That's just stupid of the mother to assume the child will get the virus in the yard. Try educating her. Say hey you know it's safe to be outside. If anything, call the cops and say you want a welfare check done because you haven't seen the children in months..... You can legally get an anonymous welfare check done.

Isn't this what they are calling Nancy in the real world?

Unless there is real child abuse, it's the mother's right to keep kids home safe in this crazy environment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or