Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,672 times

Advertisements

Hello fellow parents. Touchy subject and situation I'm dealing with an looking for advice....

I have a just-turned 15 year old son, not very mature for his age, physically looks 13-14. He is quite, only has 2 close friends, and for the most part stays in his room playing video games all day. Never been in trouble. He is now a hs sophomore. For 6 months he has had a 'girlfriend'. He texts/calls her 24/7 and when not texting he looks at photos of her constantly. It's consumed his whole life and his grades have all dropped to F. She is 1 year younger than him, however with make up she could pass for 20. Her parents are very strict and do not let them go out on dates but a few times have let him over her house, only when they are home (apparently this stems from when she was 12 she was 'hanging out with' a 17 year old boy).

Long story, I found out that the few times he has gone over her house the girl has performed oral sex on him, and he has returned the favor. The parents were home but were in another room. When he talks to her on the phone, he has it on speaker and I can hear everything. The girl is practically begging him for sex. They are planning to go to her house lying about her parents being home to get it on. Their conversations sound more like two 40 years olds in a relationship (calling each other "babe" and "I love you").

In addition, I've over heard them having phone sex a few times. I know what a 15 year old boy is doing in his room when the door is locked. Ok I get it that's just life. Again this girl is on speaker and omg she sounds like a professional phone sex operator with 20 yrs experience. She is very, very sexually graphically detailing what she wants to do to my son. I mean terminology and a voice that literally sounds like an x-rated movie.

As a parent, this situation worries me. I think this is completely age inappropriate. I don't want to be a grandparent at my age. I'm actually shocked that a girl who just turned 14 would behave like this. I've talked to a few parents who think this is "just what teenagers do" and normal, and others have flipped. The two kids do not go to the same school and they've only seen each other 4 times at the girl's house in the past 6 months. How would parents here feel about this situation and what actions would you take?

Old 08-24-2020, 05:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinnextdoor View Post
Hello fellow parents. Touchy subject and situation I'm dealing with an looking for advice....

I have a just-turned 15 year old son, not very mature for his age, physically looks 13-14. He is quite, only has 2 close friends, and for the most part stays in his room playing video games all day. Never been in trouble. He is now a hs sophomore. For 6 months he has had a 'girlfriend'. He texts/calls her 24/7 and when not texting he looks at photos of her constantly. It's consumed his whole life and his grades have all dropped to F. She is 1 year younger than him, however with make up she could pass for 20. Her parents are very strict and do not let them go out on dates but a few times have let him over her house, only when they are home (apparently this stems from when she was 12 she was 'hanging out with' a 17 year old boy).

Long story, I found out that the few times he has gone over her house the girl has performed oral sex on him, and he has returned the favor. The parents were home but were in another room. When he talks to her on the phone, he has it on speaker and I can hear everything. The girl is practically begging him for sex. They are planning to go to her house lying about her parents being home to get it on. Their conversations sound more like two 40 years olds in a relationship (calling each other "babe" and "I love you").

In addition, I've over heard them having phone sex a few times. I know what a 15 year old boy is doing in his room when the door is locked. Ok I get it that's just life. Again this girl is on speaker and omg she sounds like a professional phone sex operator with 20 yrs experience. She is very, very sexually graphically detailing what she wants to do to my son. I mean terminology and a voice that literally sounds like an x-rated movie.

As a parent, this situation worries me. I think this is completely age inappropriate. I don't want to be a grandparent at my age. I'm actually shocked that a girl who just turned 14 would behave like this. I've talked to a few parents who think this is "just what teenagers do" and normal, and others have flipped. The two kids do not go to the same school and they've only seen each other 4 times at the girl's house in the past 6 months. How would parents here feel about this situation and what actions would you take?
Tell her parents.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:25 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Sorry first time poster, not buying it. I can't imagine being an eavesdropping parent and not barging in to end the graphic conversation.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:48 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Sorry first time poster, not buying it. I can't imagine being an eavesdropping parent and not barging in to end the graphic conversation.
If I had had a cell phone when I was that age, and had been stupid enough to have phone sex on speaker, and my parents had heard it, I wouldn't have had a cell phone again until I was in my 40s. And, after my dad got hold of me, I might not be able to sit down until my 40s. Plus I'd hate to hear the phone call between my parents and hers. But, if this IS true, they may be the type to think their daughter wouldn't do that unless HE talked her into it.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:37 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Yeah, it’s NOT normal teen stuff lol.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:05 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
We’re it me...I’d wise him up on the importance of practicing safe sex, and birth control. I seriously doubt that you’re going to be able to stop him/them from having sex, especially with a willing partner. 15 is young and I am not condoning sex at his age, but apparently that ship has already sailed....

Old 08-24-2020, 09:59 PM

290 posts, read 164,702 times
Either lock him up, tell her parents or talk to him about safe sex. He's young. It's good for kids that age to be in relationships builds their self esteem etc. I'd talk to her parents so that at least if they are going to have sex, precautions are in place so no one gets pregnant. You can't really control what kids do unless 24/7 eyes are on them but you can pgive them correct guidance on issue such as these.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:38 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
With all the Metoo movement, you'll regret who you sleep with as it will come back to haunt you. I had one ex-gf in the past who threatens that if I break up with her that she'll report me for rape.

Old 08-25-2020, 01:06 AM

290 posts, read 164,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
With all the Metoo movement, you'll regret who you sleep with as it will come back to haunt you. I had one ex-gf in the past who threatens that if I break up with her that she'll report me for rape.
Wow!!

Old 08-25-2020, 01:33 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,029,527 times
If you tell her parents they will most likely not believe you that their daughter is behaving this way. If this is on speaker phone and you can hear it then you should record the conversation and then play it for her parents. Then you should both decide that this relationship has become too serious too fast for these "children" and stop their communication all together. I don't understand why you are not acting like the adult and parent in this situation. Take control and keep control and yes, tell your son, when he is 18 he is more than welcome to move out and do whatever he wants with anyone he pleases then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting