Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2020, 05:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
You can't go to McDonalds?????????????????????????

I never heard of any state or county or city that disallowed fast food at any time.
We've always had drive-through. I think you can go into the store now, but it's restsricted to the 6' apart and limits on how many people. No, you can't just fill up the store.

Old 09-27-2020, 05:46 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
We've always had drive-through. I think you can go into the store now, but it's restsricted to the 6' apart and limits on how many people. No, you can't just fill up the store.
I said queue up. That means get in line. People are in line all the time at mcdonalds to be handed food, what is safe about that, but not lining up to be handed candy instead?

Doordash can come bring me mcdonalds, but a kid can't come get candy. That doesn't make any sense.

Old 09-27-2020, 05:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
I said queue up. That means get in line. People are in line all the time at mcdonalds to be handed food, what is safe about that, but not lining up to be handed candy instead?

Doordash can come bring me mcdonalds, but a kid can't come get candy. That doesn't make any sense.
Well, I haven't been inside a Mac's, but I've been inside other fast food places such as Smashburger and you have to stand 6' apart, and then you get an order prepared just for you, not food from a common container.

Old 09-27-2020, 05:58 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:

DoorDash always leaves the food outside of my door and knocks (and they are masked). I wait for them to leave and then pick it up.

That is why I said, if I were to participate in Halloween (which I don't since I live in an apartment and prior to COVID, the leasing office already provides kids/young families with candy), I would leave the candy outside.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:02 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Well, I haven't been inside a Mac's, but I've been inside other fast food places such as Smashburger and you have to stand 6' apart, and then you get an order prepared just for you, not food from a common container.
Not safer then trick or treating. . You said that fomites are not a concern so why all of a sudden is the candy bowl and issue? Have you ever worked in a restaurant? You might be shocked at some of the things that go on in the kitchen.

Last edited by MissTerri; 09-27-2020 at 06:12 PM..

Old 09-27-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
OMG, I am talking about drive thrus. People all day everyday are driving up, which requires contact with the driver thu employee, and being handed food.

Say I work at mcdonalds and hand people food all day. What makes that safe but then I can't hand out snickers to kids in a similar manner?

You come to mcdees, I hand you food. Kid comes to my door, I had her a snickers.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Huh?

So the snickers all coming individually wrapped from the same bag is now the issue? The chicken nuggets also all come from the same bag. Poured into the same grease. And then separated into little containers and this makes you feel your order was prepared just for you?

The employee washed their hands, donned new gloves, and prepped your individual meal and then did that again for the next person? No.

So again. I work at McDs. All day, I hand out food to people. But when I come home on Oct. 31 and want to hand out some more, to kids coming to my door instead of to McDs, there is a magical process that makes this activity dangerous and the other not?

Old 09-28-2020, 06:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:

Halloween is mask wearing + curbside pickup.

Cancelling it has nothing to do with safety.

People need to wake up already.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:35 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Huh?

So the snickers all coming individually wrapped from the same bag is now the issue? The chicken nuggets also all come from the same bag. Poured into the same grease. And then separated into little containers and this makes you feel your order was prepared just for you?

The employee washed their hands, donned new gloves, and prepped your individual meal and then did that again for the next person? No.

So again. I work at McDs. All day, I hand out food to people. But when I come home on Oct. 31 and want to hand out some more, to kids coming to my door instead of to McDs, there is a magical process that makes this activity dangerous and the other not?
If people are disinfecting their groceries when they get home , maybe they are disinfecting their take out orders as well? I would never try disinfecting a candy wrapper and then let my kids eat that but some people are taking all of this to extreme measures. Worry about the virus? Maybe worry about getting Lysol into your food?

BTW, I have worked in Public School Food Distribution Center and Cafeterias.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:42 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,232,807 times
I'm still debating on Halloween decorations and then handing out candy (by whatever means to be 'safe').

Putting up decorations in my neighborhood has traditionally been a sign that 'this house is giving out candy'.

But, the postings on my local Nextdoor has the 'Karens' up in arms about the perils and dangers.

Which makes me hesitant to continue our family tradition of celebrating Halloween for over 25 years in our neighborhood; don't incur the wrath of the Nextdoor Karens, cuz they'll take pictures and post shame you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting