Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2020, 01:38 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Oh, come on! The CDC, state health departments, professional physician organizations don't say that going grocery shopping at a low volume time (like Monday morning) wearing a mask in a community where everyone is required to wear one, social distancing, is "high risk".

It's a good think our medical systems are not overwhelmed. It'd be nice to keep it that way. There have been times in many areas where that was not the case. And what a whacked idea, that if there is a bed for you in a hospital it's OK to do a high risk activity. No one has a right to spread disease. The SCOTUS decided that 115 years ago with Jacobson vs Massachusetts. https://www.oyez.org/cases/1900-1940/197us11
The CDC suggests modifying ToT to make it safer. For some reason you only want to talk about the way it's normally done so you can call it high risk. And then talk about grocery shopping in a way that is modified and the least risky, a way that can't be done by everyone. We can't all go during low volume times......or else they wouldn't be low volume anymore.

I think you are aware that your posts are dishonest, I sure am. /out.

Old 10-09-2020, 01:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
The CDC suggests modifying ToT to make it safer. For some reason you only want to talk about the way it's normally done so you can call it high risk. And then talk about grocery shopping in a way that is modified and the least risky, a way that can't be done by everyone. We can't all go during low volume times......or else they wouldn't be low volume anymore.

I am not being dishonest and I resent your saying so.

I have emphasized over and over that TRADITIONAL T or T is considered high risk, all the while some posters on here have argued that it's not. I have posted the suggestions of the CDC and others about how to have a safe Halloween. "Contactless" T or T is considered "moderate risk".

Old 10-09-2020, 02:11 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
Quote:
I am not being dishonest and I resent your saying so.

I have emphasized over and over that TRADITIONAL T or T is considered high risk, all the while some posters on here have argued that it's not. I have posted the suggestions of the CDC and others about how to have a safe Halloween. "Contactless" T or T is considered "moderate risk".

You seem to forget that a majority in this thread have said that they intend to hand out candy in a different way this Halloween. The majority of kids WILL NOT be going DOOR TO DOOR but rather driveway to driveway or every other driveway (to get candy off of a table in premade bags or out of a bowl) to get candy. They will probably go with friends the ones that have been apart of their BUBBLES for the last 7 months.

Old 10-09-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
You seem to forget that a majority in this thread have said that they intend to hand out candy in a different way this Halloween. The majority of kids WILL NOT be going DOOR TO DOOR but rather driveway to driveway or every other driveway (to get candy off of a table in premade bags or out of a bowl) to get candy. They will probably go with friends the ones that have been apart of their BUBBLES for the last 7 months.
Oh? Perhaps you could verify that. If I counted correctly, there have been 49 posters on this thread. If you can find 25 posters who have said that and post what they've said, I'll believe you. Most people have talked about taking their kids out together, having a "Trunk or Treat" with 30 or more of their closest friends, etc.

Old 10-09-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Oh? Perhaps you could verify that. If I counted correctly, there have been 49 posters on this thread. If you can find 25 posters who have said that and post what they've said, I'll believe you. Most people have talked about taking their kids out together, having a "Trunk or Treat" with 30 or more of their closest friends, etc.
They've been in the same BUBBLE for the past 7 months. Why wouldn't they? It's not any different than you walking with your friends. They will be walking with their friends.

Old 10-09-2020, 03:40 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Two posters mentioned doing group activities with families in their “bubble”.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
They've been in the same BUBBLE for the past 7 months. Why wouldn't they? It's not any different than you walking with your friends. They will be walking with their friends.
You guys are just too funny! I walk with 1-2 other people, not 30 of my closest.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:07 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
You guys are just too funny! I walk with 1-2 other people, not 30 of my closest.
Yet you have repeatedly insinuated that it is too risky for my two daughters to trick or treat together. Two people from the same household.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:

I don't think anyone in this thread said they had 30 people in their bubble. Not even close.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:50 PM

668 posts, read 470,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post

I really wish I could rep you again. And again. and again. I've been thinking this all along.

And i'm also stunned this thread is still open.

my 2 cents about grocery shopping. Here in NJ, when this started and our numbers skyrocketed immediately, you could not do online food shopping. Well you could, if you wanted your groceries delivered 6 months later.

I personally did grocery shopping for 2 elderly friends. left them a few feet from their front door and they came out and got them. We waved hello LOL. I honestly didn't feel unsafe, my grocery store is a smaller one with less clientele (not a large store at all) and everyone social distanced. So i have never stopped going to the grocery store, just took the recommended precautions. And if I survived it here (in one of the initial hot spots)... well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting