Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 12:40 PM

269 posts, read 480,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post

Those stories about natural children being conceived after adoption? They really DO happen.
Maybe so, but they don't happen because of an adoption, they happen because they happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 08:26 PM

862 posts, read 974,693 times
The younger the woman is the better your odds of IVF working so I would go for that and not waste time on other methods that are not working if you are serious about having another baby. Also for the people who recommend adoption it is not cheap and I would see that as a option if all else failed. Good luck and hope you get that baby.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:21 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
I was an infertility patient for over 2 years for my daughter. I went through another 2 years for my sons.

Went to Pergonal, Clomid didn't work.

Last edited by Minethatbird; 11-16-2020 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: omission

Old 11-17-2020, 12:15 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
My adult child and spouse had trouble conceiving after first child. They thought they were too old to try any longer. They stopped trying, assuming they dud not need BC. Voila! Pregnancy. My granddaughter is a special gift.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:27 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
It took a while for me to get pregnant with my first. I blamed it on being on birth control pills for so long. Spent so many years making sure I didn't get pregnant and now I was dealing with the opposite problem. Sex became a chore, instead of the enjoyment it used to be. I remember tracking my cycle and temperature and one day turning to my husband and saying "today's the day, let's get this over with". It was then I realized that I was putting too much pressure on myself. Every month when I got my period I would get depressed for days.

Went to my doctor who said I had a tipped uterus. He did something, don't remember what, and the next month I was pregnant. Had no trouble conceiving our second child. They are both adults now.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:27 PM

10,290 posts, read 6,813,150 times
He's "pissing?"

Well, I think I see your problem. You're doing it wrong!

LOL, just trying to be light-hearted.

Adopt. There's lots of kids that need a home.

Old 11-19-2020, 09:30 AM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
He's "pissing?"

Well, I think I see your problem. You're doing it wrong!

LOL, just trying to be light-hearted.

Adopt. There's lots of kids that need a home.
Seems like adoption is out the window these days because people can freeze eggs and get IVF.

Are there really that many unwanted children out there these days? Not to be naive but it seems like when it comes to fertility everything is very planned. You can be on the pill so you don't conceive, even the poorest of people can get access to the pill. Then you can be 45 and decide to get pregnant through IVF or frozen whatever. Anyways, if there are that many unwanted children then that is sad. It just seems like people are having less kids these days.

Old 11-19-2020, 03:55 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Seems like adoption is out the window these days because people can freeze eggs and get IVF.

Are there really that many unwanted children out there these days? Not to be naive but it seems like when it comes to fertility everything is very planned. You can be on the pill so you don't conceive, even the poorest of people can get access to the pill. Then you can be 45 and decide to get pregnant through IVF or frozen whatever. Anyways, if there are that many unwanted children then that is sad. It just seems like people are having less kids these days.
Adoption Statistics

https://2date4love.com/adoption-statistics/

Around 135,000 children are adopted every year in the United States.
In the United States, there are around 1.5 million children who have been adopted.
In 2018, there were 4,058 adoptions in the United States.
There are around 437,000 children in the United States who are in foster care on any given day.
There are around 69,000 children and teenagers in foster care in the United States who don’t live in a family environment, say foster care adoption statistics.
Of the children who exited foster care in 2018, 25% were taken in by a family that went through the adoption process.
Since 2005, the number of children being adopted from other countries has decreased by 72%.
In 2015, there were 12,000 international adoptions, with 5,500 children being adopted in the United States.
There are around 2 million LGBT people in the United States who want to adopt.
Same-sex married couples can adopt children in every state in America.

Note that there are plenty of older children who could be adopted.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:38 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sHorrorJunkie View Post
Man, we've done everything!
Our story is very similar to yours.

The hardest part has been when friends of my wife conceive. Each one of those has been hard for her, with many tears shed.

Old 11-20-2020, 03:34 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Our story is very similar to yours.

The hardest part has been when friends of my wife conceive. Each one of those has been hard for her, with many tears shed.
I can only imagine how she felt "set apart" from in that gathering of friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting