U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 01:54 PM

1,582 posts, read 434,434 times

Advertisements

Nope I'm not supportive of this. Obviously people have the right to have as many children as they can but that doesn't mean they should. Everyone thinks their own kids are precious but to me this seems wasteful. The world is so overpopulated no one in heck should be having 14 kids. How do you really even give adequate attention to 14 kids? If they truly wanted a girl they probably should have thought about adoption
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2021, 02:19 PM

10,087 posts, read 6,187,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Nope I'm not supportive of this. Obviously people have the right to have as many children as they can but that doesn't mean they should. Everyone thinks their own kids are precious but to me this seems wasteful. The world is so overpopulated no one in heck should be having 14 kids. How do you really even give adequate attention to 14 kids? If they truly wanted a girl they probably should have thought about adoption
That would be an argument if it were a common thing, but in the US the birth rate is already well below replacement level. One couple having 15 kids isn't going to change that. For every couple that has 10+ kids, there must be hundreds that have one, or none.

This truly is a "their own business" situation.

Old 02-07-2021, 02:31 PM

I think when one couple has 14 kids it becomes more than just their business. That family will leave a huge footprint on the earth.

People are always going to have an opinion on these sorts of things whether it's their business or not.

Old 02-07-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I think when one couple has 14 kids it becomes more than just their business. That family will leave a huge footprint on the earth.

People are always going to have an opinion on these sorts of things whether it's their business or not.
How will they make a bigger footprint than 15 (it's 15 kids, not 14) people having one child each? I truly don't understand this argument.

If 15 people had one child each, no one would bat an eye. So how about finding 15 permanently childfree people who agree that one of this couple's children will replace each of them. That wouldn't be hard to to do in the least; I could suggest 15 names right now, and there will still be thousands and thousands of unreplaced childfree people.

But I suppose some people would still frown on that because they really believe that it would better if no one had children at all.

Old 02-07-2021, 02:53 PM

It's just stupid and gross to have 15 kids. That my opinion, not gonna change it regardless of what you say

Old 02-07-2021, 04:03 PM

11,086 posts, read 3,301,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
Sickening in this day and age of global overpopulation with the destruction of the environment and everything else connected to it that these people would have FIFTEEN children, it's outrageous!
A very outspoken opinion that I agree with. Completely irresponsible, imo.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:37 PM

22,235 posts, read 38,797,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
A very outspoken opinion that I agree with. Completely irresponsible, imo.
People like that need more hobbies, pets, or do more volunteering out in the real world instead of being so selfish.

Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM

1,014 posts, read 847,633 times
I hope this family does not turn out to be like the Turpin case at the end, or is it?

Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
I hope this family does not turn out to be like the Turpin case at the end, or is it?
Oh, definitely. Because you can tell in the photos and articles about the family that the children are malnourished, all dressed alike, and kept hidden in the house.

What is it about a large family that makes people lose their minds? I get that it's unusual / "abnormal" for the present time, but only a few decades ago families of 12 and up were not that rare, no one assumed the parents were psychopaths, and the kids turned out pretty much like everyone else.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM

I think people lose their minds because many people try to be environmentally responsible these days. People make an effort every day to recycle and conserve and not be a complete pig in life. Heck some people out there choose to have NO kids because they are that passionate about helping the earth. This isn't a case of a couple having 4 kids. They had FOURTEEN. I realize this isn't the norm but why should I feel happy for some people that I don't know that they finally got a girl when other are trying hard to help the earth for future generations. These 14 kids will likely go on to have a bunch of kids themselves. It's possible some will have none but not likely given the background they're coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting