U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 10:51 AM

13,432 posts, read 17,002,801 times

Advertisements

sure it would help with their behavior....because it's not loaded with sugars like the drinks and juices I see so many mothers give their kids daily.
I've met young children who've been given only juice to drink...never water.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2021, 07:53 AM

12,395 posts, read 13,812,171 times
We avoid sugars as much as we can with our kids. Water only, no juice, and I don't think my kids even know what Soda is. I personally haven't drank a soda in 2-3 years.

They used to drink Milk, but now it's only used with cereal. I actually drink more milk than they do. So 99% of the drinks are water, and an apple juice is a treat.

But other sugars get avoided as well. Tend to push more natural foods and on Halloween, they get to pick a handful of candy to keep and then the "Switch Witch" comes and trades off the remainder for a toy of some sort.

Old 03-01-2021, 09:03 AM

2,295 posts, read 661,297 times
I read a lot that implies dairy can cause skin issues (acne, eczema, psroasis, generally skin crappiness) I grew up drinking milk and water and had acne through my 30's. I see many people with skin issues who say once they gave up dairy their skin improved. I wonder if there's something to it.

Old 03-01-2021, 09:42 AM

31 posts, read 9,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I read a lot that implies dairy can cause skin issues (acne, eczema, psroasis, generally skin crappiness) I grew up drinking milk and water and had acne through my 30's. I see many people with skin issues who say once they gave up dairy their skin improved. I wonder if there's something to it.
Cutting out most dairy and excess sugar helped a lot but my biggest help in the acne department was going on birth control.

My face used to break out so bad, it was humiliating and the cramps were unbearable I used to have major stomach issues and would get light headed.

I begged and begged and begged to go on birth control for the longest time and didn’t get on it until I was 21.
It’s the only thing that consistently keeps my face clear. I’m so angry I had to spend my teenage years not on it and breaking out. I’ve been on birth control for almost 11 years now and my face stays clear all the time. It’s amazing. I should have this option when I was 12/13 my acne and cramps were so bad, I shouldn’t have had to suffer. Such BS.

Old 03-01-2021, 03:44 PM

26,404 posts, read 35,191,644 times
When my child was a kid, I always had a pitcher of water on the dinner table. Everyone had a pretty glass, actually a cut crystal water goblet, that the kids liked to use.

Everyone, my kid, each of his friends, my spouse, myself, would take that pitcher of water and refill their drinking glass a couple of times. A couple of bites of food, a sip of water, repeat through the meal.

People will tend to drink enough water if it is easily available to them.

Old Today, 12:35 PM

13,432 posts, read 17,002,801 times
Many times the water is not made available to young children...it's always juice or milk..practically anything BUT water. Guaranteed people that say their kid won't drink water it's because the child is repeatedly offered something else instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting