Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 02:26 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,869,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I'm always troubled by people with a lot of kids, they surely tire of raising kids after the 2nd or 3rd one and the older kids end up raising the younger kids.
Are you for real? I'd sell my soul to have grown up in a large family with lots of kids. The kind where there's always something going on, and there are always siblings to play with. Being an only child was boring and lonely as hell! It was soul-killing. I wouldn't wish it on my enemies. (OK, maybe [hated politician's name].)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 03:33 PM

356 posts, read 284,162 times
everything, i guess. it's not like they ever asked.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:13 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Absolutely nothing. I have nothing to hide. I'm as clean as they come. (Yeah, that's what I told them, too.)

Old 04-08-2021, 06:06 PM

6,966 posts, read 4,807,617 times
Not much. I used to read my daddy’s penthouse mags. The forums were....interesting.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:32 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Are you for real? I'd sell my soul to have grown up in a large family with lots of kids. The kind where there's always something going on, and there are always siblings to play with. Being an only child was boring and lonely as hell! It was soul-killing. I wouldn't wish it on my enemies.
for about a year i shared a home with two women, we were all in our late 30s. One of my housemates was one of 14 children. The other was one of 18 children, 4 of whom were not living. They felt very sorry for me, as i grew up in a home with only one sibling. They said they could not even imagine such a thing, they said there was always someone around and they said it sounded incredibly lonely to not have that growing up.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:41 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,304 times
I used to get in trouble for wasting mayonnaise(they’d find uneaten but open mayonnaise packets in my room when I was a teenager), this would lead to me being restricted from using the computer when I was growing up

Old 04-10-2021, 08:51 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,462,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973PINTO View Post
as a teenager i was beginning to smoke and i would go down to the church near me and pick up butts that people would run outside and smoke during breaks in the preachers sermon ,, i would take them home and finish them in the bathroom of our house .. never occurred to me that my parents could smell the smoke ...
Didn't Warren Buffet do that as well ?when it comes time to pick stocks?

Old 04-10-2021, 12:01 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,216,649 times
Quote:
Are you for real? I'd sell my soul to have grown up in a large family with lots of kids. The kind where there's always something going on, and there are always siblings to play with. Being an only child was boring and lonely as hell! It was soul-killing. I wouldn't wish it on my enemies. (OK, maybe [hated politician's name].)

Interesting comment. Six kids is a lot of kids. In my experience, the older kids got a lot of attention from my parents. My dad taught my older brothers how to build things, repair things, and gave them each $3,000 to start their lives. I don't think my older sister got anything, and I sure didn't. I also didn't get taught any trade skills from my dad. He did teach me how to fish and to love fish which I turned into a 30 plus year career. Having 3 older brothers was no walk in the park either. Picking on little brother is great fun! Some of it had to do with the 4 year gap between my next youngest brother and me. I don't remember us ever playing together. I'm sure there is a middle ground between an only child and a large family, but that wasn't my experience.

Old 04-10-2021, 12:04 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,216,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I got to know what the religion was? Religion sure makes people nuts.........

I'm always troubled by people with a lot of kids, they surely tire of raising kids after the 2nd or 3rd one and the older kids end up raising the younger kids.

You nailed it! That was a large part of my experience being 5th out of six.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:20 AM

17,262 posts, read 21,991,461 times
Quote:
Read post #69..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting