Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:19 PM

13 posts, read 19,070 times

Advertisements

I read through all 24 pages....
Yes, yes I did.

There are three ways this could go....more but three of the most common.

A) She lied about her age, she told him she was older and he either believed it because she looks older or made herself look older on cam or in the pictures she sent him. He wanted her to visit and she said she didn't have money for a ticket. He possibly being in love with this fake idea she created of herself wanted to meet her thinking he'd meet someone close to his age and not a 16 year old, offered to buy her a ticket and she agreed.

B) He is a creeper, a weird 24 year old with an obsession with teenage girls. Wanted to secretly fly her out and unbeknown to her wanted to have sex with her and then leave her or harm her.

C) He is a creepy deranged man who is much older than he looks. Luring girls into flying out to meet him, to do gross and nasty stuff and then either leave her somewhere or hurt her.

Chances are if he painted a picture of her, sent her pictures of himself, wanted to meet her, etc willing to buy her a plane ticket...I wholeheartedly believe SHE is the liar. What should make me believe she is one to believe here? She was the one who showed poor judgment sneaking off to meet this guy, lying to her parents etc. I think she lied to him about her age, saying she was older than she really was and she either conned him into buying this airplane ticket or he really did like who she was making herself out to be and offered to help her fly out.

My reasoning for this....the creeper men they do this when they live in the same town or close enough that a plane ticket wouldn't be needed. They DO NOT leave a paper trail.

He bought her a ticket, I don't know many places you can buy someone in another state a plane ticket in cash...he HAD to of used a credit card. No 24 year old in their right mind is going to do that for a 16 year old, he couldn't have known she was 16. No perverted 24 year old is going to buy it with his own credit card. That's another sure way of getting caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 10:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizufx247 View Post
Wednesday my 16 year old daughter ran away and left me a note. I was able to find proof on her computer she was taking a flight to visit 24 year old man. Thursday the police were able to take her into custody at the gate in the airport. She's home and I feel very lucky we saved her. Friday I am in her room and find a painting this guy made of her (not sexual) and 2 photos of him - which I confiscate. My daughter freaked out and came downstairs screaming. My husband sided with her, saying she deserved some privacy and respect. My feeling is she had too much privacy and that got her into this situation in the first place. I don't want her holding on to these things and having something concrete to keep her attachment going. I was forced into returning the painting and photos top her. I feel it is WRONG.

What do other parents think about this?
Don't worry. It seems that you and hubby are doing a bang-up job at raising your daughter.

Keep up the good work!

Old 05-02-2010, 12:17 PM

177 posts, read 471,227 times
again-take off her door so you can monitor her when you want to. put the pc in a public place. allow her to go places only if she tells you where and when shell be back. buy a cheap gps tracker for her purse and car. also make sure her cell phone has gps tracking turned on. this is so if she goes missing, the cell phone co. can track the last time her phone was turned on.

i cant tell you what else i would do because i cant fathom a child being that irresponsible. she obvious has self-respect issues if she has to find a guy on the internet. also, if she has facebook, myspace, skype, etc. get yourself one and befriend her. keep up with her internet activities.

find out what all info he has on her and change it. phone number, email, etc. also if you have proof of him trying to do more than just be friends, notify the police so they can track his actions.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,713 times
Well... I am a 24 year old male who is going with a 16 soon to be 17 year old female. To tell you the truth I would be willing to wait till she is 18 to have sex. Its not a big thing for me. She is really fun and really smart. Most girls my age just want to get drunk and go to parties. They have expensive taste and all want to settle down and get married quickly. Sure not all of them are like that.. but i have yet to find one that isnt. I am 24 and have a life ahead of me. When my girlfriend gets to that age where she wants to get married and have kids well.. Ill probably be ready then. So I hope that answers your question about WHY a 24 year old male would want a 16 year old girl. Love has no limits. It comes with any age, any time, and anywhere. Thats what it all boils down to really.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,474 times
Trav_Boone, if you really love her you wouldn't marry her.

And leave her alone...but it seems you are not considering her. You are helping yourself.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,713 times
How am I only helping myself? She feels the same. She wants someone smart and mature. She says guys her age only want sex and are not very smart. We talk about things for hours and have fun together. Ive dated women my age all my life. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this. It seems more real with her. We have a lot of the same interests. We both read. We have lots of fun. Its the most meaningful relationship I've ever had. People are not all the same. Some mature faster than others. Yes this persons daughter should not have left town and all that. I never did any of that. I never control my girlfriends mind. We have arguments about stuff all the time. She is her own person. She has goals in her life... something most 24 year old women do not have. I could really fall for this girl... so.. call me creeper all you want. Call me a pedophille. But I will do what few will do. I will fight for Love! Because thats what its turning into .. Love.. and thats all relationships need... is love!

Old 07-02-2010, 01:32 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav_Boone View Post
Love.. and thats all relationships need... is love!
Enjoy the naivety while it lasts! I remember that phase. So sweet. Be good to her because she's a lot more fragile than you realize. It isn't going to hit her until she's probably in her late twenties to early thirties the impact your relationship had on her - for better or for worse. It all just depends on you.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:26 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Trav_Boone, if you really love her you wouldn't marry her.

And leave her alone...but it seems you are not considering her. You are helping yourself.

Right. Nobody should ever marry the person they want to marry. They should marry somebody else, and go to an online forum and ask for permission. Don't be so selfish.

If you really love someone, do them a favor and dump them. You're not good enough for the person you really love, she's better than that. You have no right to selfishly expect the person you love to marry you. Even if she wants to. We know what is good for her, and it's not you.

Did get that right?

Jeez.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:19 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav_Boone View Post
So I hope that answers your question about WHY a 24 year old male would want a 16 year old girl. Love has no limits. It comes with any age, any time, and anywhere. Thats what it all boils down to really.
Yeah but where the hell is a 16 yr old girl hanging out with a 24 yr old girl OR guy. A bar? College? Work?

Really, what do you have in common as an adult with a 16 yr old? Whether she is mature for her age or been through a lot or whatever, you really aren't on the same level yet.

If it is true love, wait til she is 20 and you are 28. She will have had time to catch up to you.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
That wouold be the end of her online days. This si what gets them in such terrible situations. She obviously has no judgement at all but that is not unusaul for a 16 yuear old nowdays it seems.I love with someone you never met;impossible really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting