Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 06:52 PM

1,047 posts, read 726,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
There are so many unwanted children already, so why not just adopt a child who needs a loving home. Don't be another selfish self absorbed ego driven elitist. Adopt don't shop.
I see I wrote the same thing you did just super polite. I thought this conservative site would give me an infraction, but you rock.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:56 PM

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasedontreuse View Post
I’m 36 and I’ve had basically 2 relationships in my life. No guarantee I’ll find someone. And my parents are getting older — I want them to have more time with the child.
You do need to grow quite a bit if a big part of this is for mommy and dad. They are the bow, you are the arrow that should go far...
away.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:59 PM

Default "sorta"

Quote:
I also sorta “retired” early so now I have 100% of my time to devote to what I want to do in life. And at this point having a family and experiencing that whole process is what I want to find new inspiration for the rest of my life. It seems there are plenty of single professional women that use surrogacy so why should it be looked upon any different for a man? A lot of single wealthy men in their 30s prefer buying material possessions and chasing different women but a goal for me since I was a teen was always to have a family. I have all time in the world to devote to parenting and a good support structure in my retired parents and brother (who divorced and couldn’t have children). Feel free to private message me if you get along in the process before me.
You semi retired way too young if price of 125k was the first thing you mentioned about the surrogacy.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:04 PM

Default if u can find them ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
Yes. Anyone who adopts children (this included step-parents) ARE wasting their resources, in my opinion. Harsh, but true.

Adopted children may not become deadbeat kids, but they will likely search out their biological family at some point in their life and the adopted parents risk the kids leaving them in the lurch in their old age. This is just more likely to happen among adoptees because they are not blood-related. It's a foolish gamble.
I know several that are adopted and some seek out a meet up and others never do. The ones that sought a meet up it drifted after a few emails. They are always horrible people and even if they are good people you have no shared memories. The kids will always be loyal to who raised them not "blood."

Old 05-24-2021, 10:24 PM

84 posts, read 54,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
I know several that are adopted and some seek out a meet up and others never do. The ones that sought a meet up it drifted after a few emails. They are always horrible people and even if they are good people you have no shared memories. The kids will always be loyal to who raised them not "blood."
This makes sense to me. At some point sharing DNA would mean very little compared to shared life experiences that form our identity (assuming a normal loving parent/child relationship).

Old 05-25-2021, 12:50 AM

Here is something I’m thinking...

Let’s say I did pursue surrogacy in 1 year...it would be another year until the baby would be born. I wouldn’t stop pursuing a relationship during these 2 years — and I likely wouldn’t ever stop. So let’s say by the time the child is 5 years old I meet someone and get married. There’s probably a decent chance I do find someone over those *7 years*...and probably an even better chance that I find someone over the next *12 years* at which time the child would only be 10 years old. In *15 years* the child would still only be 13. Tons of formative years left to live at that point.

During this process the child would still have some women in its life...like my mom, 3-4 aunts and a few cousins. Plus...me, my dad and an uncle in my brother who couldn’t have children.

I don’t think the situation would be as harmful (if at all) to the child as some believe.

Old 05-25-2021, 02:34 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
A short time ago the OP posted in another thread how he broke up with a woman because she was poor and he didn't like how she was spending her money, while he was rich but felt she should contribute her share to the living arrangements.
Hmmm--what if you changed the genders in the story:

"A short time ago the OP posted in another thread how she broke up with a man because he was poor and she didn't like how he was spending her money, while she was rich but felt he should contribute his share to the living arrangements."
Would that make the woman unfit to be a parent?

I am sure most would say "smart woman to move on".

Old 05-25-2021, 04:19 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Hmmm--what if you changed the genders in the story:

"A short time ago the OP posted in another thread how she broke up with a man because he was poor and she didn't like how he was spending her money, while she was rich but felt he should contribute his share to the living arrangements."
Would that make the woman unfit to be a parent?

I am sure most would say "smart woman to move on".
The OP does not work, while she worked full time and he also expected her to come home and do the housekeeping because he had more money. I don’t think anyone should expect to be waited on hand and foot because they have more money than their partner.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
The OP does not work, while she worked full time and he also expected her to come home and do the housekeeping because he had more money. I don’t think anyone should expect to be waited on hand and foot because they have more money than their partner.
Actually — I paid all the bills, bought all the food, paid for vacations, paid for home repairs, loaned money that wasn’t paid back, etc and wanted a fair contribution in return toward building a better life and feeling like we were in it together. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. Should me being in a position to not work mean shouldering the entire load of life while my partner still flounders about? How do you think that would that would make me view my partner?

Old 05-25-2021, 07:27 AM

352 posts, read 225,397 times
Quote:
Thank you! Did you ever consider international surrogacy?
OP, I'm assuming you live in the US.

Nope...I never considered international. From my perspective and research, there are too many risks and you'd have to comply with the laws of the country where your surrogate lives and where the baby/babies are born. Citizenship could be an issue, depending on the country. And, you would have a much more difficult time if your surrogate decides to run.

I'm sure there are plenty of success stories but I wouldn't risk it.

What is your reason for considering an international surrogate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting