Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 12:08 PM

2,991 posts, read 3,423,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Again, WHY is it so much more expensive to raise children today? WHY?
It's expensive to raise children that will do well and prosper in current society, especially if both parents are working to afford a house in a safe and nice neighborhood. It's cheap to just have kids though. We are making it very hard to have high quality posterity, but increasingly lowering the bar to have posterity that fit the lowest common denominator. Child obesity rates and mental health issues, and children born out of wedlock continue to skyrocket. It's an ugly country out there if you don't make top 10% of the income. No amount of government subsidy will fix this societal breakdown, because the subsidy will just make more of it.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:08 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Sounds like your cousin is speaking from experience. He knows how awful it is, emotionally and financially, raising kids.

I've been reading surveys over many years of parents who were asked, Knowing what you know now, if you had it to do over again, would you have children?" Consistently two-thirds said NO!

Nothing to do with global warming or other nonsense. Just their own, read world experience. Parenting is a skill and you have to have realistic expectations or you, your spouse, your children and society will suffer.

Besides, odds are if they were vaxxed, they will be sterile anyway.

Get a dog or cat instead!
It isn’t awful raising kids maybe difficult at times, but anything worthwhile is, but awful no.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:10 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Now THAT is sick!!
Yeah and "be fruitful and multiply" is the bible quote from Genesis when there were only 2 people on the earth. Things have kinda changed...

Old 10-02-2021, 12:11 PM

23,978 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Tell your cousin not to listen to the leftwing lunatics but listen to the highest authority of all!

“Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
IMO, mankind got that lesson loud and clear. Humans like that having dominion over everything stuff.

The ones about being a good steward of the earth totally escaped most of them. Taking care of the earth is another matter.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:11 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

You're not going to "save" this country by having children. You're just going to produce more wage-slaves for them to indoctrinate and turn against you.

Sadly I agree.

Though the irony is my cousin's four kids are (I think all but one) woke progressives, so...there's that. They won't be recreating progressive shock troops like some of them are.

With that said, it never really was my point. My point really is: our smart, productive members of society who were raised to be productive should have children, not those who are the opposite of that.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:17 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
[quote=tinytrump;62034488]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Bringing a new life into this ****show we have going on right now is sick. Irresponsible, thoughtless, cruel, and sick.

Bringing life into horrid situations is nothing new, though. Even slaves reproduced.[/QUOTE

Reproducing is part of human nature. A blessing to a family, a hope for a future. Unless, of course, they are part of the “Me, myself and I” bunch we have going on right now. I think we are more divided now, not by race, but economic differences. The wealthy are trying to kill off the poorest- we grew too many. Their fault, but you know, they don’t want to share.
I agree with being divided by the economic differences part.

However, I wouldn't exempt parents from the "Me, Myself and I" bunch. I have lost count of the times I have heard people with kids tell childless friends, "But who is going to take care of you when you get old?"

Some clearly view procreation as part of their long term retirement plan.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:18 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Whites are the largest segment of America. We're still 60% of the population.

I saw a stat that In MN, the 15% minority of our state uses 50% of all welfare resources, while the 85% of whites use 50% of all resources. In that regard we are pretty under-represented in welfare. I think you know this.

Why would I know a specific stat in MN? How about a link to the data or article?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-02-2021, 12:33 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
My point really is: our smart, productive members of society who were raised to be productive should have children, not those who are the opposite of that.
I would prefer a better world, and since genetics and environment affect human development, a better world requires better people to have more children. You're not going to produce a better world if every child is born to single-mothers on crack.

The reason I get angry at you Kavalier, is that you're too focused on what you want. You seem to think the world has gone bonkers. I wish you would spend more time learning how we got here instead of obsessing about things you don't like. There is a reason for everything.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:45 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Why would I know a specific stat in MN? How about a link to the data or article?
I will try to find the link.

How about you provide one to back up your claim that whites use the most welfare?

You know how that can be a junk claim, right? For example, if whites use up 38% of all welfare, for example (more than any other group), and blacks use up, let's say, 35% of all welfare, and whites are 60% of the population and blacks are 12% of the population, then you can claim "see, whites use up more welfare than anyone", though it's a junk claim.

You do realize that, right?

Old 10-02-2021, 12:54 PM

23,978 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
I will try to find the link.

How about you provide one to back up your claim that whites use the most welfare?

You know how that can be a junk claim, right? For example, if whites use up 38% of all welfare, for example (more than any other group), and blacks use up, let's say, 35% of all welfare, and whites are 60% of the population and blacks are 12% of the population, then you can claim "see, whites use up more welfare than anyone", though it's a junk claim.

You do realize that, right?
LOL.

That's kinda like the who pays the most in taxes. Somebody always comes up with the high earners pay the most. Gee, I wonder why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting