Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 01:28 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Like I said, it is evenly spread across all the races.
That is like saying murder is pretty evenly spread between whites and blacks since each commit about 50% of murders.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-3.xls

Native-Americans are only 1% of the population. In order for them to use welfare more than whites, they would have to use welfare 76 times more often than whites.

If they were using welfare at 75 times the rate of whites, people like you would be ranting how they actually use welfare less than whites.

Do you understand the problem?

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...e/US/PST045219

Old 10-02-2021, 01:29 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Here is one on FS:

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Quote:
NBC White House correspondent Geoff Bennett claimed that whites use food stamps and Medicaid the most out of any ethnic group.

Whites make up the largest share of those receiving food stamps (36 percent) and Medicaid (43 percent). Hispanics comprise the largest ethnic group to receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (37 percent).

— Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) October 11, 2018

“Whites make up the largest share of those receiving food stamps (36 percent) and Medicaid (43 percent),” he tweeted Oct. 11. “Hispanics comprise the largest ethnic group to receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (37 percent).”

Verdict: True

Whites make up the largest share of food stamps and Medicaid recipients, but as a share of the U.S. population, they utilize proportionally less than other ethnic groups.

https://checkyourfact.com/2018/10/18...d-food-stamps/

Like I said, it is evenly spread across all the races. Lots of poor white people too.

My MIL gets food stamps, my mom lives in subsidized elderly housing. Poor old whites.

Per your own link, the bolded above paints a different picture than you've painted. As I pointed out in my previous post, these are junk claims.

Last edited by Yac; 10-05-2021 at 10:52 PM..

Old 10-02-2021, 01:37 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Here is one on FS:

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Per your own link, the bolded above paints a different picture than you've painted. As I pointed out in my previous post, these are junk claims.

Yeah, I read that. I still stand by that it varies greatly by location, all the races take a chunk, in amounts equal enough not to rant about any one group.

So, back to why you don't have kids? You don't feel hypocritical ranting about someone else not having kids (for whatever reason) when you don't?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Yac; 10-05-2021 at 10:52 PM..

Old 10-02-2021, 01:38 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I think about the movie Idiocracy, in particular the first part. Clevon, the idiot, keeps popping out child after child, possibly by different women. However, Carol and Trevor, who are quite educated and middle class, were slow to have any children. And when they tried, they couldn't have any. And then Trevor dies, leaving Carol widowed and childless.

The family smart enough to take their time ended up childless. And not because they didn't want children. The family who wasn't very intelligent kept popping out kid after kid. And it makes you wonder.

This is why I don't believe in any "American genocide" or this "Great Replacement" stuff. Many people simply choose not to have children.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:42 PM

I think all forms of birth control should be absolutely free, and easy to access.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think about the movie Idiocracy, in particular the first part. Clevon, the idiot, keeps popping out child after child, possibly by different women. However, Carol and Trevor, who are quite educated and middle class, were slow to have any children. And when they tried, they couldn't have any. And then Trevor dies, leaving Carol widowed and childless.

The family smart enough to take their time ended up childless. And not because they didn't want children. The family who wasn't very intelligent kept popping out kid after kid. And it makes you wonder.

This is why I don't believe in any "American genocide" or this "Great Replacement" stuff. Many people simply choose not to have children.

I was ambivalent about having kids, and waited too long. I tried a round of IVF which didn't take, and I wasn't super disappointed. Husband died 5 years later, so I think it was all for the best.

I remarried and he has 4 kids, so he did his part.

My sister never had kids either, and we are both upper middle class. We contribute to society by supporting the economy via shopping.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I read that. I still stand by that it varies greatly by location, all the races take a chunk, in amounts equal enough not to rant about any one group.
Let's pretend there were 1,000 people and 13% of them were black and 76% of them were white.

Let's say that of the 760 white people, 10% were getting welfare. That would be 76 white people.

In order for the 13% of blacks to have the same number of people getting welfare, they would need 76 out of their 130 blacks to be on welfare. Which would be about 58.5% of all blacks.

Furthermore, when it comes to tax revenue blacks don't contribute anywhere close to their 13%. So the actual relationship between what black people pay in compared to what black people take out is even more skewed.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 10-02-2021 at 02:02 PM..

Old 10-02-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Let's pretend there were 1,000 people, and 13% of them were black and 76% of them were white.

Let's say that of the 760 white people, 10% were getting welfare. That would be 76 white people.

In order for the 13% of blacks to have the same number of people getting welfare, they would need 76 out of their 130 blacks to be on welfare. Which would be about 58.5% of all blacks.

Furthermore, when it comes to tax revenue, blacks don't contribute anywhere close to their 13%. So the actual relationship between what black people pay in compared to what black people take out is even more skewed.
Yes, I know how math works.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:57 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
So many cases in point here. It does sound like group think!

Don't have kids because. . . think what might happen.

Maybe they put it in the milk at school?

Guess it never occurs to any generation to examine how much they can think alike and wonder what influenced it. I'd suggest twelve years of government-sponsored education starting at a malleable age.
Simple economics. That is all.

Most people faced with the same set of circumstances behave in a similar way, it is not 'group think'.

Old 10-02-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know how math works.
Could have fooled me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting