Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 02:02 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Could have fooled me.
Awww. Ya big ol' meanie. I've been insulted by an internet person.

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-02-2021, 02:08 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Awww. Ya big ol' meanie. I've been insulted by an internet person.

I said something that shouldn't be controversial and you responded with something misleading.

//www.city-data.com/forum/62035420-post174.html

Why?

Old 10-02-2021, 02:11 PM

182 posts, read 76,784 times
Quote:
NBC White House correspondent Geoff Bennett claimed that whites use food stamps and Medicaid the most out of any ethnic group.

Whites make up the largest share of those receiving food stamps (36 percent) and Medicaid (43 percent). Hispanics comprise the largest ethnic group to receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (37 percent).

— Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) October 11, 2018

“Whites make up the largest share of those receiving food stamps (36 percent) and Medicaid (43 percent),” he tweeted Oct. 11. “Hispanics comprise the largest ethnic group to receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (37 percent).”

Verdict: True

Whites make up the largest share of food stamps and Medicaid recipients, but as a share of the U.S. population, they utilize proportionally less than other ethnic groups.

https://checkyourfact.com/2018/10/18...d-food-stamps/

Like I said, it is evenly spread across all the races. Lots of poor white people too.

My MIL gets food stamps, my mom lives in subsidized elderly housing. Poor old whites.
Based on the link you provided, Blacks and Hispanics have utilized much more social handouts than other races.

As of Dec, 2020 the break down of percentage of race in the US population is :

White: 60.1% (Non-Hispanic) Hispanic: 18.5% Black: 12.2% Asian: 5.6%

Demographic Characteristics Of SNAP Beneficiaries
White
African American
Hispanic
Asian
Native American
Multiracial
Race unknown
36.2%
People to receive this program in percentage: Black> Hispanic> White> Asian.

Nonelderly Medicaid Recipients By Race/Ethnicity
Percentage Of Total Participants
White
Black
Hispanic
Other
43%
People to receive this program in percentage: Hispanic> Black> White >Other
TANF Recipients By Race/Ethnicity
Percentage Of Total Recipients
White
Black
Hispanic
Native American
Asian
Pacific Islander
Multi-racial
27.6%
People to receive this program in percentage: Hispanic> Black> White> Native American> Asian.

So inconclusion, the Hispanics receive the most social benefits, follow closely by Blacks, A BIG GAP, then White, Indian American, Asian.

Old 10-02-2021, 02:18 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I do not see the government doing this either. I myself have chosen not to have children for many reasons. Government pressure is not one of those reasons.

I find the OPs thesis to be absurd, poorly considered, silly stupidity.
It's never been about government pressure for me either. If anything, I'm dealing with an implicit pressure TO HAVE kids. I have watched as alot of people I knew from school have become spouses and parents over the last 10 years. 10 years ago, most of the people knew who were married with children were either

1) My high school classmates who didn't go to college, and ended up married by 20, with children by 22.
2) Some of my older college friends who were about 2-4 years older than me (for some reason, I seem to be able to make friends among the older college students).

By the time I was 30, the MAJORITY of people I knew from high school OR college were married and/or had children. Some were on their 2nd or 3rd marriage (which was the case for one woman. She was twice divorced before turning 30). There were some people starting to ask me why I didn't have children or wasn't married.

This is why I make of that particular thesis. It reeks of "white genocide" conspiracy theories. Never mind that Black birth rates have been dropping too.

Old 10-02-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It reeks of "white genocide" conspiracy theories.
There is a white genocide happening, but right-wingers are too stupid to understand why.

Old 10-02-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
There is a white genocide happening, but right-wingers are too stupid to understand why.
OMG. All you demonstrate is you have no idea what genocide is.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
OMG. All you demonstrate is you have no idea what genocide is.
Genocide = acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group.

Destroying a culture or a race doesn't require killing anyone. Forced integration/assimilation is genocide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_assimilation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_genocide

The United States has always been one big genocide machine.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:28 PM

Awww, I guess I am part of your genocide! I am the product of parents of different ethnicities. Though I doubt they had any political goals, just horny people.

So sorry.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Awww, I guess I am part of your genocide! I am the product of parents of different ethnicities. Though I doubt they had any political goals, just horny people.
Are you familiar with the Soviet Union? Their policy of assimilation was a combination of compulsory government education combined with mass propaganda and economic controls that split up families/communities. In Communist China, Mao turned children against their parents in the cultural revolution.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...34035120070913

Our government only forces us to work together, live in the same neighborhoods, and send our kids to the same schools. While the media and the government spends every day trying to marginalize and punish anyone who opposes.

Their goal is complete social and economic integration/assimilation.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:59 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
AOur government only forces us to work together, live in the same neighborhoods, and send our kids to the same schools. While the media and the government spends every day trying to marginalize and punish anyone who opposes.
This is a rather convoluted way of saying that we have laws against discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting