Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2021, 10:50 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times

Advertisements

Almost as if they will listen to him.He had four.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:35 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You are possibly correct, but I am not commenting on the forum environment, I am commenting on your own words, which I notice you do not deny.
I think when we get down to the root causes of why entire generations have sworn off having children or have consciously tried to have less children, it is probably political. Maybe that's why a mod moved it over here.

As far as the race thing, like I said my cousin has some Native blood, and his kids have non-white mates (and the one kid who did have a child - her kid is as dark skinned as it gets and isn't considered "white" at all).

Bottom line for me: when a society's most intelligent people consciously decide to have less (or no) children and the fools are the ones having all the babies, I don't think that bodes well for said society's prospects.

Do I thikn there is a "genocide" occurring as well? As per the UN Geneva Convention definition of genocide, I don't see how you could look at American through that lens and come to any other conclusion - borders wide open, our government flooding our land with millions every year. Sorry, that's a de facto genocide.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:30 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
They are intentionally and forcefully integrating/assimilating the population. And they are perfectly aware that it means cultural/ethnic/racial amalgamation/destruction/genocide. But their intention is not to destroy, but rather to hold the country together and to expand American influence/empire. They've been doing it since the very beginning. Every country does it.

White people didn't care when it was happening to the Native-Americans and the blacks, but now that the country is being flooded with non-whites instead of Europeans they're freaking out.

A bunch of hypocrites and cowards that deserve to be diluted, amalgamated, and replaced. I only wish it would happen faster.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:34 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I think when we get down to the root causes of why entire generations have sworn off having children or have consciously tried to have less children, it is probably political. Maybe that's why a mod moved it over here.
We seem to be back in Parenting.

Quote:
As far as the race thing, like I said my cousin has some Native blood, and his kids have non-white mates (and the one kid who did have a child - her kid is as dark skinned as it gets and isn't considered "white" at all).
I only remember you bringing up the native item, and you said it was 5% or some other trivial amount. Ok, so your cousins once removed may not be racist. Good for them.

Quote:
Bottom line for me: when a society's most intelligent people consciously decide to have less (or no) children and the fools are the ones having all the babies, I don't think that bodes well for said society's prospects.
This is a eugenically influenced statement. You are assuming that nature is the source of all intelligence, and environment is not involved. In reality, it is not one or the other, and it could be argued that education is more important. Education is obviously an environmental thing, not a genetic thing.

Quote:
Do I thikn there is a "genocide" occurring as well? As per the UN Geneva Convention definition of genocide, I don't see how you could look at American through that lens and come to any other conclusion - borders wide open, our government flooding our land with millions every year. Sorry, that's a de facto genocide.
Who would be the victims of this alleged genocide?

Are you referring to this definition of genocide:

Quote:
Originally Posted by United Nations Office on Genocide Prevention...
Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide
Article II

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

-Killing members of the group;
-Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
-Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
-Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
-Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
If so, I do not think you can claim genocide. Not one of the 5 categories applies.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:50 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
I think this sort of thinking is....sick.

My cousin is smart - he is an eagle scout (back when becoming an Eagle scout was still a true task), he was valedictorian of his HS, and he got a full ride through college to study biology.

And he has told all four of his children not to have children of their own, and they have pretty much bought into his twisted rhetoric (only one of them, the girl, had a child).

How do you tell someone like this how poisonous this thinking is? The smartest, most productive people in society have bought into this de facto genocide they have had their minds infiltrated with, and we see the ramifications of that throughout society. It drives me mad.

We, humans, are the only species on earth that would tell our children not to reproduce. I think it is just so demonic and sad.
What the hell did I just read? Mind your own damn business.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:32 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
I think when we get down to the root causes of why entire generations have sworn off having children or have consciously tried to have less children, it is probably political.........
How could it be, when the phenomenon of having fewer or no children is being expressed world wide?
Are the politics of America, all European countries, South Korea, Singapore, Japan and China similar?...... They all have fertility rates that are below replacement.

Old 10-03-2021, 03:04 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Who would be the victims of this alleged genocide?
Every Latin-American country speaks a European language and there are effectively no pure-blooded Native-Americans left. What is required for there to be genocide?

If a government compels you to pay taxes and to send your children to government schools with children who are culturally and racially distinct, integrating and assimilating them by force, even using busing to move children across entire cities for social-engineering. If your government is telling you who you have to rent or sell your property to, who you must hire for your business to achieve some sort of racial/ethnic balance. If the government is using the law to fine or even imprison people who oppose this social-engineering, driving people out of business.

Genocide is all around us, and has been going on a long time.

In Afghanistan during the twenty years of American occupation, the United States was even trying to socially-engineer that country. The ostensible goal was to Americanize the country by introducing American institutions and American ideas. Including things like affirmative-action and gender studies.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/10/17/asia/...ram/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXtwuO-ZUR0

In effect the United States was trying to wipe out the old Afghanistan culture and create a new one through public education. This is called "nation-building".

Which is why the first step of nation-building is always the creation of government education.

"Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever." - Vladimir Lenin

Old 10-03-2021, 03:26 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Every Latin-American country speaks a European language and there are effectively no pure-blooded Native-Americans left. What is required for there to be genocide?
Yes, there was genocide against the natives in N. and S. America. That is largely a thing of the past, not the present.

Quote:
If a government compels you to pay taxes and to send your children to government schools with children who are culturally and racially distinct, integrating and assimilating them by force, even using busing to move children across entire cities for social-engineering. If your government is telling you who you have to rent or sell your property to, who you must hire for your business to achieve some sort of racial/ethnic balance. If the government is using the law to fine or even imprison people who oppose this social-engineering, driving people out of business.
Public education is a good thing, but you are welcome to opt out of it if you want. The government does not tell you who you have to rent or sell property to, they just tell you that discrimination is illegal. Same with hiring for businesses. Hire who you want, just do not discriminate. None of this is genocide.

Quote:
Genocide is all around us, and has been going on a long time.
No, what you see is societies changing and evolving. People living their lives, getting educated, married, having children if they want. Kavalier said that he is 1/4 Hungarian, that does not mean there was genocide, it means that his grandmother married somebody a bit different from her.

The English language we speak is different from our great-grandparents. Most of my great-grandparents didn't even speak English. So what?

I am not going to get into Afghanistan. That is not here, it was a completely different situation in every way. Tucker Carlson is a racist, so posting clips of him opining on the racist thoughts that cross his mind is not really supporting your argument.

Old 10-03-2021, 03:52 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Yes, there was genocide against the natives in N. and S. America. That is largely a thing of the past, not the present.
If you're using government force to transform a society socially, culturally, and racially, that is genocide.

Quote:
Kavalier said that he is 1/4 Hungarian, that does not mean there was genocide, it means that his grandmother married somebody a bit different from her.
Genocide doesn't require forced marriages, but that does raise an important question about what genocide is.

Thomas Jefferson's goal of assimilating the Native-Americans was to create government trading posts near Indian lands. The Indians would be able to sell pieces of their land in exchange for guns, tools, merchandise, etc. Many of these tools were agricultural implements to allow the Indians to shift from hunting and horticulture to farming. Once the Indians were farmers they would become sedentary, and would slowly be absorbed into the broader society that surrounded them. And being that they were so small in number, they could easily be absorbed/assimilated.

To some extent this plan was working(e.g. the five civilized tribes) but it was too slow. Eventually the US government took more aggressive action by confiscating lands, placing the Indians on reservations, disrupting their cultures and way-of-life, then finally introducing compulsory government education.

But let's pretend the US government had only used the Thomas Jefferson plan and the Trail of Tears never happened. The Cherokee(of which I am a member), was and is the "whitest" of the Native Tribes. They were also the first to have a written language, and the Cherokee Chief during the Trail of Tears, John Ross, was 7/8ths Scottish.

Within another hundred years, the Cherokee would have become so culturally and racially-amalgamated with whites that all there would be left was a bunch of Elizabeth Warrens. And for all intents and purposes the Cherokee would no longer exist as a culture or a race.

The question then is, would that be genocide?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 10-03-2021 at 04:04 PM..

Old 10-03-2021, 04:00 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Here's the thing:

Government policies are the voice of the people who voted them in. Sure, they are a voice you don't agree with, but it is the will of the voters.

A good portion of the population do not feel threatened by minorities, or people of color, feel the alphabet mafia deserve equality, want (enjoy) diversity and all the rest.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting