Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 05:23 PM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Was taking my daughter to the gyno to figure out why she wasn't regular. We missed one appointment, life got busy because hub had cancer side effects, she was almost 7 months when we found out.

My blood doesn't get adopted out. It was too late to terminate so I've done what I can to help support my grandson who's 8 now.

My brother was adopted out, I know adopted people. A lot of adoptions just do not work out for various reasons. My brother was lucky that his did. Adoptees I know were abused. My friends daughter went to a couple, the adoptive father was a sexual predator. He brutally raped and killed a women in Virginia in 1980, killed my friends daughter in 1989 after she tried to rat him out for trying to sexually abuse her.

Some girls don't mind those dolls, it will actually make them want a real baby even more.
Well, everyone handles this situation differently. How old was your daughter?
Surprising that she got to 7 months before someone noticed. Did she notice or was she hiding it?
Never mind.....doesn't matter.
I think it's much more prudent to take prophylactic measures to prevent pregnancy when at all possible.
I'm not sure anecdotal stories of horrible adoptions is an argument against adoption per se but understand why you feel that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 05:27 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
When I was 15 (i'm 43 now) people did have sex. I feel like it mostly the boys having sex at this age but it wasn't unheard of for girls to as well.
I am emphatically not trying to be funny, but if it was mostly boys having sex at 15, but not unheard of for the girls, then a lot of the boys were either making love to each other, or to their hands.

Old 11-08-2021, 05:47 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,430,660 times
Why wait till you are 15????

Old 11-08-2021, 05:54 PM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I am emphatically not trying to be funny, but if it was mostly boys having sex at 15, but not unheard of for the girls, then a lot of the boys were either making love to each other, or to their hands.
Well I guess the girls I knew were not having sex and maybe the boys were lying about it ? Very likely. Could be the boys had sex with older girls.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:03 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Surprising that she got to 7 months before someone noticed. Did she notice or was she hiding it?
I think it's much more prudent to take prophylactic measures to prevent pregnancy when at all possible.
I'm not sure anecdotal stories of horrible adoptions is an argument against adoption per se but understand why you feel that way.
yes my friends all used condoms

Old 11-08-2021, 07:13 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I don't disagree that there are a lot of H.S. girls having sex. But logically, your statement about boys making love to each other or their hands is incorrect - it's quite possible that many boys are having sex to the same smaller number of girls. Researchers can better determine if the numbers are even or not because it's not relevant to the topic.

Old 11-08-2021, 10:52 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Wonder if the OP is coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I am a mother of men...so what do I know about daughters...but I AM a daughter so...

I would not OFFER birth control. I would say something like "I've made an appointment with an OB/GYN so you can get a check up, and so you can discuss birth control with him/her. (Probably best to try and get a female OB/GYN. OR, ask her primary care physician/pediatrician.

To me, this conveys your concern for her and to her, but allows her some self respect in this whole thing, and conveys your acknowledgement that she's a sexual being. A sexual being who needs guidance, but certainly not shame or embarrassment.

My son was a lot easier than my daughter. He saw me be a single mother, he knew he had to make sure he didn't get anyone pregnant until he found the woman he wanted to have kids with.

I agree, find a female gyno. That's what I did for myself, then my daughter.

The only way for the OP to make sure his daughter does not end up pregnant is to get an IUD. They give them these days. They wouldn't give one to my daughter until she had a child but that has changed. She then fought me on it, telling me she isn't having sex. No surprise when she was pregnant with child number 2, 4 years later.

FWIW, she was on the ring back when she got pregnant with my grandson. Obviously she didn't use it right or something. I got pregnant while on the pill. I must have missed a dose, don't recall almost 40 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post

My daughter is on the heavy side, it wasn't until she was almost 8 months that she even looked pregnant. She has health issues which became worst that I guess explained some of the things her body did. I'm thin, I always knew I was pregnant plus I got early morning sickness.

There's a show called "I didn't know I was pregnant," so she's not the only one. The show ran about 3 or 4 years I believe. It happens.

She had just turned 20 when she had him.

I agree that condoms are needed because you never know who has a disease. One of her friends got something from a guy.

At 15, where do they get the money for condoms? I also can't count the number of times I've heard from men I dated plus some of her friends when they were teens that they didn't like sex with one or the guy didn't.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:20 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't disagree that there are a lot of H.S. girls having sex. But logically, your statement about boys making love to each other or their hands is incorrect - it's quite possible that many boys are having sex to the same smaller number of girls. Researchers can better determine if the numbers are even or not because it's not relevant to the topic.
That’s very true, I didn’t think of that scenario, but it could well be that.
Took me right back to the antics we got up to at Park Secondary School in East London, which was mixed, our version of co-educational.
In our system we had infant school (4 to 7), primary school (7 to 11), not grade schools, then secondary, (11 to 16/17/18), sometimes called comprehensive schools.

Old 11-09-2021, 05:59 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Better yet, an IUD or Norplant implant - too easy to forget to take a pill - so take it out of her hands, literally. Buy her a gross of condoms - she needs to know that her health is just that important to YOU and it should be to HER. Don't give her ANY excuses to say she doesn't have them. Hey, put them in her purse daily, if need be!

I think it's very unlikely she'll stop having sex, so do what needs to be done. How is she playing soccer if her grades are mediocre? Get her on the road to college by working with her to get her grades up. She obviously has too much free time on her hands (from skipping classes)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Wonder if the OP is coming back.

My son was a lot easier than my daughter. He saw me be a single mother, he knew he had to make sure he didn't get anyone pregnant until he found the woman he wanted to have kids with.

I agree, find a female gyno. That's what I did for myself, then my daughter.

The only way for the OP to make sure his daughter does not end up pregnant is to get an IUD. They give them these days. They wouldn't give one to my daughter until she had a child but that has changed. She then fought me on it, telling me she isn't having sex. No surprise when she was pregnant with child number 2, 4 years later.
I agree that condoms are needed because you never know who has a disease. One of her friends got something from a guy.

At 15, where do they get the money for condoms? I also can't count the number of times I've heard from men I dated plus some of her friends when they were teens that they didn't like sex with one or the guy didn't.
If you want to make it more likely someone eats you give them FOOD, not money. So give the girl a TON of condoms and see that she has them with her, cuz it'll be the guy who "forgets", right?!

And yes, give her a form of BC that doesn't require "remembering" or decision-making to take it. Why make it difficult? So the parent can later have the satisfaction of pointing the finger?

Old 11-09-2021, 06:49 AM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I'm not denying that people should use condoms...but do you think STDs are that common in 15 year olds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting