Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 09:57 AM

700 posts, read 446,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
READ the OP. The child did NOT lay on his mother.
Reading comprehension is not his strong suit

Old 02-26-2022, 10:05 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,611,516 times
Actually, the opposite--no longer touching children once they start to enter puberty is the problem. The children do not understand why. It is especially prevalent when girls start growing breasts, their fathers often instantly stop touching them in anyway, and the child doesn't understand why affection has suddenly come to a halt.
We all need to be touched once in awhile, even if only a back massage.
I once went four years without anything beyond a quick hug from someone, and when I then got a back massage, I couldn't believe the way my body was responding, craving being touched, in a non-sexual way.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:07 AM

979 posts, read 417,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westminster88 View Post
Reading comprehension is not his strong suit
Oh, you're just mad because it's STILL weird. Couples rub on each other, not parents/teens.
Hugs, kiss on the cheeks - yes. Rubbing/massaging/fondling/laying on - no.

Old 02-26-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
Oh, you're just mad because it's STILL weird. Couples rub on each other, not parents/teens.
Hugs, kiss on the cheeks - yes. Rubbing/massaging/fondling/laying on - no.
As I said...reading comprehension is fundamental. No fondling, no laying on, etc....not mentioned in the op.

Do you have kids hendry?

Old 02-26-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westminster88 View Post
As I said...reading comprehension is fundamental. No fondling, no laying on, etc....not mentioned in the op.

Do you have kids hendry?
Yes, including teens. And my hands aren't all over the teens. Nor do they went them to be. You must have teens your hands all over, yes? Weird. And not the good weird.

Wow ... Talk about reading being fundamental. Try again.

I know what the OP wrote. The last sentence in post #23 was an opinion in the spirit of the thread. Do you know what that means?

Old 02-26-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I know what the OP wrote.
Not apparently. But all good! have a good day in Philly!

Old 02-26-2022, 12:06 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,390,208 times
Quote:
Making food and rubbing my fifteen year old's feet are two entirely different things. Families rubbing each other's feet may be normal for you, but it's weird to the rest of society. To each their own.

"The rest of society" Really, you think that? You really need to get out more (and take a deep breath and relax while you're at it - you're likely to see things that people do normally that will weird you out because they're not just like you).

Old 02-26-2022, 12:10 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,390,208 times
Quote:
Don't mind these people. It's odd for a fifteen year old to want to hang with adult couples and it's weird for he and mom to be all over each other - especially in front of people.

My friend's son and the mother were all touchy feely when the kid was a young teen - laying in bed together and he giving her rubs. I questioned it at the time, as did he, and it didn't stop until the boy was a little older. He's 22 now and very socially awkward ... no job, doesn't go to school, no friends, no girlfriend. Mom takes care of him financially.

"All over each other"? Again, you have a very odd perception of reality as that was not what was described in the OP and what you describe in your example bears no relation to what was described. And believe it or not, some kids like to hang out with adults - generally they are more mature than their peers from my observations over 30 years of parenting.

If anything is weird it's people who make these judgments of people that they don't even know about situations that they have not seem personally, in ways that indicate that perhaps if they themselves actually touched a teenager they would be doing so for sexual reasons. Projection, in other words.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:21 PM

16,323 posts, read 8,150,917 times
I have to admit again that it does seem odd to me. I don’t come from a touchy feely family but I’ve observed quite a few families in my day and what the OP described doesn’t seem normal. I don’t know that I’d say it’s wrong? It’s just different to me.

Maybe kids are maturing slower these days? In my day it didn’t seem unusual for a 15 yr old to lose their virginity. I knew kids in high school that had sex. I just feel like if you are having sex you’re probably not going to mommy for affection anymore other than a hug. Giving a hug is something one typically does with parents their whole life.

I recall a woman in her late 50s telling me she and her 20 something yo old daughter still cuddle in bed. She said she even wraps her leg around me still the way she did when she was little. I was thinking omg wow, that seems weird. But maybe it’s me? Lol.

Old 02-26-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

I recall a woman in her late 50s telling me she and her 20 something yo old daughter still cuddle in bed. She said she even wraps her leg around me still the way she did when she was little. I was thinking omg wow, that seems weird. But maybe it’s me? Lol.
Totally normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting