Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:18 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times

Advertisements

I didn't say anything about sex parties.
OMG claims that BJ's under the bleachers are just stories, and I'm saying that it's not just some urban myth, it does actually happen. I'm pointing out that in my area there were 49 babies born in one year to girls under 15, which means intercourse is fairly common at the middle school level. Why should it be that hard to believe that oral sex is happening at the middle schools? It's not as if there are teachers supervising every single area of the campus the entire day. I would guess that there is more opportunity at school than there is elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 02:13 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I didn't say anything about sex parties.
OMG claims that BJ's under the bleachers are just stories, and I'm saying that it's not just some urban myth, it does actually happen. I'm pointing out that in my area there were 49 babies born in one year to girls under 15, which means intercourse is fairly common at the middle school level. Why should it be that hard to believe that oral sex is happening at the middle schools? It's not as if there are teachers supervising every single area of the campus the entire day. I would guess that there is more opportunity at school than there is elsewhere.
Well skanks do exist but it doesn't mean the average middle schooler will be one.
As someone who worked on elementary and middle school campuses I can tell you that there are alway a group of kids who are going to go out of their way to do anything they aren't supposed to do, including sexual things, but it's not an everyday occurance or in any way mainstream. From puberty on kids will push the envelope in that regard but unless they have problems or were raised by wolves most of them manage to go to school, and school functions, without thinking about it.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:44 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Great that 8 year olds are out there giving oral sex and having these parties. Since an 8 year old and 11 year old who attended this party told you all about it, I'm sure you (as a responsible adult) went to their parents and informed them the type of party their children were at, didn't you? Or are you just giving up because kids are having sex and getting pregnant at 11, 12 years old?
Of course I told their parents! What the hell I also talked to the two girls, who are daughters of my husbands best friend, that they don't need to and shouldn't participate in such activities and that those that do are actually looking for someone to reach out to them. You can keep your head in the sand all you want- just because YOU haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. I guess you are going to tell me 7mins in heaven is a myth too Yeah, when I was about 9 I had some friends (guy friends) over who had older brothers who had taught them all about trying to get girls to play that with them.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:47 AM

Thank you! But I guess it is BS to other, and I am not a parent (although someone better tell my 3yr old), or I am a lunatic, just because others don't step out of their own neighborhoods for a bit and see what is REALLY going on with younger kids- yes, 8 yr olds go to and partake in these kind of parties- Why? Because a lot of 8yr olds are now hanging out with kids much older to try to fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Maybe where you live, not where I lived.
I have no reason to disbelieve my DD when she says she witnessed drug use and oral sex at her inner city middle school.
Sexual acts start at an early age for a lot of the kids here who grow up in poverty, it's one of the ways they prove themselves.

"According to the Tennessee Department of Health, teen pregnancy in the Mid-South is common. In 2006, more than half of the babies were born to unwed mothers. More than 800 babies were born to mothers younger than 18 years-old and 49 babies were born to mothers younger than 15."
Speak Up! Memphis : Teen Pregnancy in the Mid-South
"The number of babies born to mothers 17 or younger continues to increase, despite targeted work by many.
In 2007, the rate was twice the national average, up more than 115 births
."
Economic downturn increases Memphis-area poverty » The Commercial Appeal

Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
I have 1 daughter and another daughter on the way. Im sorry but girls as young as 11 are having sex because of overprotective parents who dont teach them what it is. My kids I am perfectly fine with grinding as long as they know what it is and know what It can lead to.

Also, where I am from other Parents do not have problems with it. Sexual Education begans at age 8 where I am from also.
I disagree with you, I think it is more a case of our society has become a society of allowing kids to express themselves with no limitations so we don't stiffle them as opposed to overprotective parents not teaching them. It baffles me that you think grinding is okay for your kids to do, it looks like sex with your clothes on, and I would imagine leads to the real thing in alot of instances. Why anyone would think this is okay for a middle schooler to do it is beyond me.

I have to say that I am amazed after reading alot of diffferent threads and posts on the parenting forum at what parents allow their kids to do. I guess I am very old fashioned.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,466,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I have to say that I am amazed after reading alot of diffferent threads and posts on the parenting forum at what parents allow their kids to do. I guess I am very old fashioned.
They can call me old fashioned, too. I'm pretty shocked at how some "parents" here think it's okay to allow boys to dry hump their daughters and call it "dancing" and "know" about all these orgies and lipstick parties and sex in the school building and under bleachers, etc.

I can assure you, when I was a teen, we had our styles of dancing that (of course) parents didn't like. However, we never had a "dance" where a boy is grinding his genitalia into a girl's rearend. Does any parent here who just thinks this is a 'dance' have a clue where this is headed??? If your daughter allows a boy to do that, she will surely take the next step.

Of course, in junior and high school, you heard stories about this one, that one, the other one having sex with this one, that one, the other one but, of course, it could never be proven. Don't we all know how much boys (and men) LOVE to brag about having sex with girls? Even if they've never even kissed her??? Or how jealous girls like to start rumors about other girls being "sluts" or "whores" and somehow that rumor becomes the truth because so many people are saying it?????

Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Stories and rumors didn't result in 49 births to Memphis area girls under 15, sex did.

And knowing doesn't always equate to approving, sometimes it even results in parents and schools taking action. Students at a local high school were suspended. The younger kids do copy the behavior of the older kids but I guess it's preferable for some people to believe that it doesn't really happen.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
and "know" about all these orgies and lipstick parties and sex in the school building and under bleachers, etc.
Just because I know that such things happen does not mean I approve them. It is quite the opposite actually. Parents need to start playing a bigger role in their childrens lives. Kids are growing up way too quick and trying to take on things that they just are not mentally or physically ready to handle. Kids need to go back to being just kids

Old 09-15-2010, 01:37 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,337 times
It's called the sexualization of our children. You can thank our materialistc, two parents working, body image conscious, overworked lifestyle. Corporations have destroyed the family. Anyways, I could rant all day long on this subject. But it's pointless.

What's scary is girls out there nowadays are becoming much more promiscuous and slutty than they've ever been. The things kids are doing and talking about nowadays regarding sex is pretty concerning. But they learn it from adults for the most part. Just pick up the latest issue of Cosmo, People, Vogue, or any other female smut mag and every other cover story is sex sex sex and how to make it better. Even men's magazines are all about sex nowadays. It's like men can't do anything nowadays except think with their lower head. It's pathetic really. Dad's are too busy working and mom's are too busy texting to raise their kids right nowadays.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:39 PM

ppsst... it isn't just the girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
It's called the sexualization of our children. You can thank our materialistc, two parents working, body image conscious, overworked lifestyle. Corporations have destroyed the family. Anyways, I could rant all day long on this subject. But it's pointless.

What's scary is girls out there nowadays are becoming much more promiscuous and slutty than they've ever been. The things kids are doing and talking about nowadays regarding sex is pretty concerning. But they learn it from adults for the most part. Just pick up the latest issue of Cosmo, People, Vogue, or any other female smut mag and every other cover story is sex sex sex and how to make it better. Even men's magazines are all about sex nowadays. It's like men can't do anything nowadays except think with their lower head. It's pathetic really. Dad's are too busy working and mom's are too busy texting to raise their kids right nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting