Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 07:49 AM

7,320 posts, read 4,115,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Thanks for the responses. I'd be happy to let the kids do their thing but I don't want my house destroyed. We have a playroom in the basement and i was fine when the kids went down there...but they didn't stay there. When they went outside and got the bikes and roller blades I felt like i had to watch. I think in the future I'll just limit it to one or two kids. Having 3 at once was too much.

Some people seem to love playdates and think they are easy. I guess I am surprised by that as they dont seem easy to me.
It sounds like a plan. I would watch the kids outside too. And, I once had a three kid playdate (with boys), it's the worse. At least, you aren't entertaining their moms too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2022, 07:58 AM

401 posts, read 275,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Thanks for the responses. I'd be happy to let the kids do their thing but I don't want my house destroyed. We have a playroom in the basement and i was fine when the kids went down there...but they didn't stay there. When they went outside and got the bikes and roller blades I felt like i had to watch. I think in the future I'll just limit it to one or two kids. Having 3 at once was too much.

Some people seem to love playdates and think they are easy. I guess I am surprised by that as they dont seem easy to me.
In that case I would def. recommend meeting at park or doing something out at a place..

Old 11-01-2022, 01:00 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Set rules if you don't want to be watching them. Our kids play with neighborhood friends either in the play room or back yard. We have a lot of kits from thrift stores (legos, wooden trains, construction sets, hot-wheels tracks) that allow them to build some pretty elaborate stuff.

They aren't allowed to play out front (street, sidewalk) without us, and the whole point of the playdate is for them to entertain each other in a safe environment. If I schedule time to play with my kids, I don't want other kids around taking away my attention. Same deal with meeting at the park. We do this, but then it's mostly me talking with other parents. That's fine every once-in-a-while, but not something I want to do on a daily basis.

And, yes, playdates should be considered something like free babysitting. You should host as well as send.

I would not host a playdate with more than one friend per child. Preferably less. A herd of kids is always trouble and exhausting. Save that for birthday parties.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:05 PM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
When I had 3 girls over I felt bad because I left one out who we don't know as well as others. Then I thought, you know what forget that, this isn't a bday party. It'll be a while until i do that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting