Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 12:22 PM

500 posts, read 358,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Sounds like the wife is torn and is not choosing one over the other, trying to keep both relationships.

But you're right, and that's why I posted he should never be alone with his daughter, ever, and any grandchildren. That's just standard practice that many people follow to make sure there's never any accusations. Sad that it has to be with family as well.
Got 2 nieces who made accusations. One against a school teacher and the other against her father.
Following the police investigations no charges were brought in either case.

Even since then I am never alone with either of these two young ladies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 12:28 PM

9,846 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada2012 View Post
Got 2 nieces who made accusations. One against a school teacher and the other against her father.
Following the police investigations no charges were brought in either case.

Even since then I am never alone with either of these two young ladies.
My previous employee's sister made a claim against their dad. He went to jail. She later recanted to the family but he finished the sentence otherwise she would've gone to jail and by then her bf got her pregnant.

Old 11-08-2022, 12:35 PM

1,560 posts, read 901,085 times
It seems that young girls get way too much mileage out of these false claims. Whatever that is (extra attention etc) outweighs the current consequences for lying. You see it all the time with celebrities who need extra exposure and it always seems to garner sympathy and attention. I don't even think they understand the consequences that come to the men in who are falsely accused. And then the mantra: "but we must believe all women and girls because this happens ALL THE TIME!" No, it does not. And there needs to be stiffer consequences over false claims that are this damaging to the accused.

Old 11-08-2022, 01:34 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
If my son were in this position, he's on his own. I'm not putting my reputation and neck out on the line for something he could have and should have responsibly fixed on his own. I would make the call if it was an unlawful arrest situation. My daughter's boyfriend is an adult, so therefore he is responsible for his own actions. If he gets in a jam he should turn to his family for assistance. I stay out of it. Not my child not my problem.
OK. Fair enough.

But, if your wife doesn't accept the "you know its not my policy blah blah" then you still have the problem of "strain on your marriage."

You don't have to put your professional or personal integrity on the line to offer pro tips based on your professional experience. You could share any you have beyond get a lawyer with your wife and she can pass them along or not as she sees fit.

Surely you know stuff about police, court or legal procedures that may or may not be useful and that others might not know or think about. Cough something up for your wife to gift her daughter and be done with the drama.

Old 11-08-2022, 01:50 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
OK. Fair enough.

But, if your wife doesn't accept the "you know its not my policy blah blah" then you still have the problem of "strain on your marriage."

You don't have to put your professional or personal integrity on the line to offer pro tips based on your professional experience. You could share any you have beyond get a lawyer with your wife and she can pass them along or not as she sees fit.

Surely you know stuff about police, court or legal procedures that may or may not be useful and that others might not know or think about. Cough something up for your wife to gift her daughter and be done with the drama.
Like what?

Be sure to get this judge?

What could he cough up to appease the wife and be done with the drama?

Old 11-08-2022, 01:56 PM

7,319 posts, read 4,111,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Your wife is in the wrong about wanting you to fix the ticket. The boyfriend chose to drive on a suspended license, so let him deal with the legal consequences of that action. If your daughter knew about this and rode in the car anyway, she's wrong too, morally even if not legally. Is your wife in the habit of bailing out your adult daughter and/or her boyfriend? If so, she needs to cut it out, not drag you into it. This is a hill I would choose to make a stand on. Sell your integrity out now, and it will have been cheapened enough that she'll expect you to do it again, whenever the next time comes that something your daughter did needs fixing.
Well said.

On a personal note: I have an aunt who claimed a cousin was shooting up drugs around her two year old son. My aunt anonymously called the police and my cousin had to undergo drug testing. Of course, she had no drugs in her body. It started a huge child custody fight with the child's father. This aunt makes my skin crawl.

When someone crossing a line, it's over.

Old 11-08-2022, 02:13 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,687,537 times
Quote:
The OP took the polygraph test to establish his own innocence. Nothing more. The test would have nothing to say about someone else lying or not lying.
Which is why I think my daughter should take a polygraph as well. She made the accusation if this happened she should have no problem taking the polygraph.

Old 11-08-2022, 02:20 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Which is why I think my daughter should take a polygraph as well. She made the accusation if this happened she should have no problem taking the polygraph.
You realize that they are not accurate, correct? Even if she failed one it wouldnt prove anything.

Old 11-08-2022, 02:26 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
if someone runs afoul of the law, and it is a natural consequence of actions they have taken and choices they have made, then it is their responsibility to deal with whatever mess they find themself in. They are 25 years old, both the boyfriend and the daughter. They are adults. They are grown ups. This is a great opportunity for them both to take stock and figure out how to deal with what they are facing.

the greatest gift we can give our adult children is allowing them the dignity and responsibility of addressing whatever mess they find themself in.

as a mom what stands out for me is the mom asking for help for the arrested boyfriend, instead of say seeking help for the daughter to get some counseling or relationship perspective about whether to go ahead with a marriage to someone who just got arrested and is repeatedly engaging in criminal behavior

Old 11-08-2022, 02:28 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Your wife is in the wrong about wanting you to fix the ticket. The boyfriend chose to drive on a suspended license, so let him deal with the legal consequences of that action. If your daughter knew about this and rode in the car anyway, she's wrong too, morally even if not legally. Is your wife in the habit of bailing out your adult daughter and/or her boyfriend? If so, she needs to cut it out, not drag you into it. This is a hill I would choose to make a stand on. Sell your integrity out now, and it will have been cheapened enough that she'll expect you to do it again, whenever the next time comes that something your daughter did needs fixing.
this.
100% this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting