Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 01:56 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Wut? Adults have been known to vape too.
"Just so you (the parent in question) know; what you decide to do with the information is up to you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 03:03 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
The parent in question went to the house (there is a separate living situation w/spouse) - son wasn't home (and hadn't been, he'd stayed at school) - the daughter was "sleeping" so not asked but likely is or was asked today. It was dusk and the person was wearing all dark clothing but went into the house.

To the person that said adults to that too... big difference between and adult and a young teen!!

Old 01-20-2023, 06:54 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
The parent in question went to the house (there is a separate living situation w/spouse) - son wasn't home (and hadn't been, he'd stayed at school) - the daughter was "sleeping" so not asked but likely is or was asked today. It was dusk and the person was wearing all dark clothing but went into the house.

To the person that said adults to that too... big difference between and adult and a young teen!!
???

Old 01-30-2023, 12:59 AM

835 posts, read 476,899 times
I just want to correct the common misconception that vaping is “safer” than smoking (even if it hasn’t been broached in this specific thread) - the evidence shows it has the same toxicity, if not worse, than tobacco use, especially for a development stage in life that is highly prone to risk-taking behavior and substance addiction. There is also a ton of evidence that teens who start out vaping move onto cigarettes, weed, and much worse.

Not to mention that parents conscientiously allowing their kids to use substances underage is illegal in most jurisdictions.

I wonder if the parents would have the same lackadaisical attitude if the 15-year-old kid was smoking weed, which is still illegal in this country in the majority of cases, or using harder drugs.

Old 01-30-2023, 11:50 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I think the person should not have of went over and told the other parent, the parent will find out soon enough.
Being a parent as well, and while I'm sure the neighbor had good intentions, I would not have of liked it if neighbor told me, hey parent, I had just seen your son vaping while waiting for the bus yesterday, I don't know if your aware of that....
Truthfuly, I really wouldn't have of like it.Now, say the parent didn't really care, and the person telling the parent sees the kid vaping again, would they then go back to the parent and tell them, oh, I saw your son vaping again...
I think the parent should have minded his / her own business when it comes to some one elses kid. JMO.

Old 02-04-2023, 06:00 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Ask yourself, are you an adult or just a friend to a teen? It may not answer the question to do or not but it may give you guidance in which way to proceed. In my world, the answer gets relatively easier for being an "Agent" (however they may know me) that Parents might have to entrust the protection of their children to, it is that I behave as an adult.
What the hell did I just read?

Old 02-08-2023, 07:09 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah
Ask yourself, are you an adult or just a friend to a teen? It may not answer the question to do or not but it may give you guidance in which way to proceed. In my world, the answer gets relatively easier for being an "Agent" (however they may know me) that Parents might have to entrust the protection of their children to, it is that I behave as an adult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
What the hell did I just read?
It might be 'code' for something or other . . .?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting