Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 04:59 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,520,193 times

Advertisements

No jail time for woman who admitted having sex with 13-year-old, having his baby - WAVE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2023, 06:01 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,716,387 times
Double standard, for sure, but is it better for the baby to not have to be separated from the mother, if mother had been sentenced to prison?

Old 03-07-2023, 05:30 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,652,625 times
She should be in jail, she is a pedophile. When she gives birth CPS should remove the baby.

Old 03-07-2023, 08:37 AM

35,932 posts, read 30,474,370 times
Well it was a plea bargain. The mother of the victims says she is not happy with the deal offered but we dont know how much input she had in it. She also says this ruined her son's life and now he has to be a father yet she is suing for her son to get custody of the baby.

Old 03-07-2023, 09:07 AM

14,309 posts, read 14,103,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well it was a plea bargain. The mother of the victims says she is not happy with the deal offered but we dont know how much input she had in it. She also says this ruined her son's life and now he has to be a father yet she is suing for her son to get custody of the baby.
A conviction can be very difficult in sexual assault cases when the victim does not see themselves as a victim and refuses to cooperate. A plea bargain is often offered because the prosecutor does not want to stand up in court and examine uncooperative witnesses in front of a jury. The defendant has to be shown to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There is also the issue that people think very differently about consent. Some people are rigid about it. Others are not as rigid and will not always follow strict legal definitions.

I personally think any sex at all with a thirteen year old is non-consensual sex.

Old 03-07-2023, 11:29 AM

214 posts, read 178,250 times
Reminds me of the Mary Kay Letourneau case from years ago except she went to jail.

Old 03-07-2023, 11:39 AM

25,601 posts, read 21,772,537 times
Well, DNA would prove that she did have sex with a 13 year old, so it seems like a slap dunk to me. Does this have to do with CO being so liberal now? I hope, since she is a proven pedophile who has acted on her sick and illegal lusts, that they remove the baby. I really wouldn't want to see it go to the 13 year old or his family, as in the way the child was conceived, I just don't think that would be the best environment to grow up in.

How sick does an adult have to be to have sex with a 13 year old? Sick enough to be removed to an island with all the other pedos for the rest of their lives. Once they act on their pedophilia, they generally don't stop.

Old 03-07-2023, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
A conviction can be very difficult in sexual assault cases when the victim does not see themselves as a victim and refuses to cooperate. A plea bargain is often offered because the prosecutor does not want to stand up in court and examine uncooperative witnesses in front of a jury. The defendant has to be shown to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There is also the issue that people think very differently about consent. Some people are rigid about it. Others are not as rigid and will not always follow strict legal definitions.

I personally think any sex at all with a thirteen year old is non-consensual sex.
I'm pretty sure the law see it that way as well, so no need to prove consent. I would think the childs DNA would be enough to prove intercourse did indeed occur.

I think sometimes the family just doesn't want to have their child drug through the court process.

I find it strange that the family wants their 13 year old son to have sole custody of the child.

Old 03-07-2023, 11:45 AM

14,309 posts, read 14,103,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm pretty sure the law see it that way as well, so no need to prove consent. I would think the childs DNA would be enough to prove intercourse did indeed occur.

I think sometimes the family just doesn't want to have their child drug through the court process.

I find it strange that the family wants their 13 year old son to have sole custody of the child.
A jury still has to convict. Even with DNA in a case like this you would be surprised at the reluctance they have to do so. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, but it only takes one juror refusing to vote guilty. Its not as simple as some think. Some people don't see the thirteen year old as a victim in this case. They should, but they don't necessarily. Its likely why a plea bargain was done.

Old 03-07-2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, DNA would prove that she did have sex with a 13 year old, so it seems like a slap dunk to me. Does this have to do with CO being so liberal now? I hope, since she is a proven pedophile who has acted on her sick and illegal lusts, that they remove the baby. I really wouldn't want to see it go to the 13 year old or his family, as in the way the child was conceived, I just don't think that would be the best environment to grow up in.

How sick does an adult have to be to have sex with a 13 year old? Sick enough to be removed to an island with all the other pedos for the rest of their lives. Once they act on their pedophilia, they generally don't stop.
Do you think all people convicted of crimes should have their children taken from them?
She was convicted of having sex with a minor. This dosent necessarily men she is a child predator as in she will continue to do this. There have been cases where rapists have been granted shared custody of their child born of rape.

Someone mentioned Mary Kay Letourneau. After serving her time they married and had a second child together.

Child brides have not be uncommon in our history. I'm not supporting it, just pointing it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting