Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2023, 02:50 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, I was going through my night stand drawer, and I found a little booklet my oldest son made for Mother's Day, for me. He was 10 when he made it. What a flash from the past...and reading all the reasons why he loved me, and how he knew I loved him. Silly and sweet with his drawings, and his handwriting...what a little treasure book.

I also have all the things both my kids made out of modeling clay, and they're treasures to me as well. One of those things is a painted blue penguin my youngest made for me. It's special to me because he knew I loved penguins. Bless him. lol It doesn't look a whole lot like a penguin...he was like...7 when he made it I think...but I know what it is.

One time, my oldest gave me a pair of troll doll earrings for Christmas. He asked me if I'd ever wear them to work. I told him I would on casual Fridays. And I did.

Another time, my youngest gave me a very large, very fake ruby and diamond ring, with an adjustable band. He gave it to me because he knew I liked rubies and red. And I wore that ring from time to time.

Fond sweet memories. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2023, 03:15 PM

423 posts, read 267,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Yesterday, I was going through my night stand drawer, and I found a little booklet my oldest son made for Mother's Day, for me. He was 10 when he made it. What a flash from the past...and reading all the reasons why he loved me, and how he knew I loved him. Silly and sweet with his drawings, and his handwriting...what a little treasure book.

I also have all the things both my kids made out of modeling clay, and they're treasures to me as well. One of those things is a painted blue penguin my youngest made for me. It's special to me because he knew I loved penguins. Bless him. lol It doesn't look a whole lot like a penguin...he was like...7 when he made it I think...but I know what it is.

One time, my oldest gave me a pair of troll doll earrings for Christmas. He asked me if I'd ever wear them to work. I told him I would on casual Fridays. And I did.

Another time, my youngest gave me a very large, very fake ruby and diamond ring, with an adjustable band. He gave it to me because he knew I liked rubies and red. And I wore that ring from time to time.

Fond sweet memories. :-)
When my son was eight or so, he had seen me shopping online for diamond rings. I was pretty much “window” shopping. He decided he would buy me a “diamond” ring for Christmas at Target. It was the cutest thing, going ring shopping with my little boy.I do still wear it every so often when I miss just how sweet he was at that age.

Old 04-11-2023, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Day View Post
When my son was eight or so, he had seen me shopping online for diamond rings. I was pretty much “window” shopping. He decided he would buy me a “diamond” ring for Christmas at Target. It was the cutest thing, going ring shopping with my little boy.I do still wear it every so often when I miss just how sweet he was at that age.
This reminds me...when I was like 3 or 4, my dad took me (just me) to the 5 and dime store to pick out something for my mom, for Mother's Day. I picked out a pair of earrings for her. They seemed like the prettiest things in the store to me. My dad paid for them, but they were MY gift to my mom. lol

My mom still has those earrings.

Old 04-11-2023, 04:59 PM

524 posts, read 246,098 times
I love to save all of those little mementos . I kind of went overboard by saving a jar full of baby teeth and little locks of hair, but in a blink of an eye those little people are taller than me.

Old 04-11-2023, 05:45 PM

1,063 posts, read 907,865 times
currently, we are just starting to "downsize".
our advice: it takes a LOT more time than budgeted
since just one picture, or whatever, can send us on a trip
to nostalgia-land which derails our reduction efforts.

Old 04-11-2023, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king john IV View Post
currently, we are just starting to "downsize".
our advice: it takes a LOT more time than budgeted
since just one picture, or whatever, can send us on a trip
to nostalgia-land which derails our reduction efforts.
I can certainly understand that.

Old 04-14-2023, 12:08 PM

6,458 posts, read 7,793,546 times
This is a nice post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting