Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:11 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
I don't need him financially, my daughter is very well taken care of
Child support is not your money to decide. It is your daughter's. What if tomorrow something happens to you and you can't work. How is your daughter going to be taken care of? Also if you spend your retirement money on her because of her deadbeat father then she will have the burden of caring for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 05:24 PM

6 posts, read 17,779 times
Sorry to hear of this...alot of fathers are like this unforuturantly....I can suggest you get help from the school and any services available to you...I know it is hard...I have a daughter with problems and finally got an IEP teacher to help her..but had to fight like crazy to get it 4 years and an attroney then she got the help she needed...she's now in 5th grade...I'm sure things will get better sooner...you're a good mother and you care enough about her to do what's best for her...and that's saying alot....take care..

Old 06-03-2008, 12:54 PM

335 posts, read 1,028,980 times
Dropping her off for thanksgiving and then picking her up in January was a bit irresponsible (Unless this was pre-arranged) however I did not see this in your initial post. This is scary behavior especially when you have stated that he is not dependable and does not follow through with what he says. The Aunt calling CWS was in the right, you in reality dumped her and being the one who obviously has primary custody this was neglect. I am not judging you I am merely stating a fact based on your post.
With this out of the way sadly enough you cannot make the father see his daughter, you can try to go to mediation once you relocate to GA and establish some sort of visitation however you may find that he does not care and will fail to appear, but this can be a starting place of you attempting (legally) to establish a relationship between your daughter and her father.
After this you can as other posters stated look into child support and yes as long as DCSS has his soc sec they can locate him and serve him with suppost docs.
Good luck
dd70

Old 06-03-2008, 01:44 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Definitely look into having wages garnished. Get on line and do search to get information and go from there.

There is no way to make him become involved. Best you can do is assure your daughter that it has nothing to do with her, she is a wonderful person and a wonderful daughter, and dad not being there has nothing to do with her.

My three kids wondered why their own grandparents (on one side of the family) wanted nothing to do with them. They felt unloved and hurt. I told the kids growing up in age appropriate terms that they have problems and it's like someone being sick, they just can't do a lot of things in life, including be there for other people.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:32 PM

213 posts, read 672,140 times
well I went to cs again today to see if they would be able to locate him. And they did!! so hopefully we can get the ball rolling. Thanks to all those who cared.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:27 PM

81 posts, read 272,765 times
Were you/are you married? The first thing I would do is go to court to get a child support order put into place, and see how that goes. Without an actual order in place, there is nothing to enforce. I don't believe you have to have him present to be able to obtain an order for child support. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting