Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:49 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,748,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
It baffles me why one isn't enough.
You already asked the question before and I believe you were answer amply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 09:39 PM

207 posts, read 279,716 times
Default It is like having the first baby all over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
A year ago our third child was born and there is not a day passing without us giving thanks for him. Even my husband who did not want another child is totally content.

Our two oldest are 11 and 8 so and they are a great help with their little brother.

Go for it especially if both your children will be in full time school by the time the baby arrives.

Good luck on your decision
I agree - if the 2 other kids are in school it can be like having the first baby all over again. You have time while the kids are at school to really enjoy your time one on one and bond with your baby. What a wonderful opportunity. Good luck to you.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,838,194 times
Quote:
Sorry If I seemed a bit off, but I do kinda have a problem with people having kids as my company went under due to my manager having a kid. It took his mind off his job and we're now finished with the sales! Shame really, and hes having a second!!
So because of ONE persons inability to do their job, you have formed your view on how many children a person should have? Kind of silly don't you think?

There is no "splitting" or dividing the love for your kids. Each one gets 100% everyday, all day. It is something that cannot be explained or described. If you don't have a couple of kids you will never fully understand it. It is possible to give equally and fully to more than one person at a time.

There was more going on in your managers life than children, I am willing to bet. After having 4 kids, I can assure you somebody can continue on working and being successful.

As for adding #3 to the mix, I can only say what was true for us personally. No more split up evenly, one of you will always have at least 2. Number 3 was the most difficult because of that simple fact. The whole dynamic of the family changed, but once we were a bit used to it, it was for the better. Just a longer adjustment period that the first and second children introduced to the mix.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,038,861 times
If you think loosing between £100,000 to £300,000 is silly then you don't know that the guy is actually still acting smug about it.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,838,194 times
Quote:
If you think loosing between £100,000 to £300,000 is silly then you don't know that the guy is actually still acting smug about it.
If you think basing an opinion like this on one circumstance if right then yes I am still saying it is ridiculous. If he is acting smug, then he is an idiot; if you are basing a lifestyle choice on ONE persons situation then you are in the same category as he is.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:22 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,122 times
Quote:
I think you're just gonna have to deal with it and move on. Find someone who doesn't have kids to work for or start your own company. Stop criticizing others choices and just make sure your own choices make you happy.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:24 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
No need for rudeness. She believes God is in control of whether she becomes pregnant.

I'm quite sure you already knew that, and chose to throw in your two cents anyway.
Not to hijack the thread, but not everyone believes like everyone else. I didn't think she was being rude at all.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBean View Post
Any advice? We have two girls ages 5 and 3 and we are thinking of adding one more....
Seeing you started this thread back in June, my post might find you pregnant again. I saw this thread earlier when I clicked on new posts. I just read and didn't respond. For some reason this evening, I kept you in my mind as I went about what seems like endless chores. The fact that you even started this post already tells me that you know the answer. I had a preacher tell me years ago that when you have a decision weighing heavy on your mind and don't know what to do and feel very unsettled, don't make a decision in haste. If you're so anxious and uneasy, it's not the right decision. If you search deep down into your heart, the answer is there. If you and your dh are in agreement to add an addition to your family, then go for it. I'd much rather read about a wanted baby than a neglected or abused baby. Those are the parents I wish were half as concerned as you to have another baby.

I wouldn't be here if my parents had stopped at two. I'm the baby of three. My brother was 7, sister 4 when I was born. Mom said she wanted just one more, hopefully a girl just like my sister. Well, she got a girl, but my sister and I are as different as night and day.

Just remember that you can get alot of advice from this forum, but just absorb it for now. It's you that will live w/ your decision, not anyone here. Much luck to you in the choice your make.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:29 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,038,861 times
First bit of advice: it is cost effective?

Old 10-30-2008, 12:41 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,161 times
Quote:
First bit of advice: it is cost effective?
Life can be so much more than just being cost effective. Also, she's not talking about an "it", and yes, her child may very well end up being cost effective w/ the invention of something we've yet to think of.

Last edited by jeannie216; 10-30-2008 at 05:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting