Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 03:35 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinhk View Post
All the Mom's who are saying something I would like to ask ARE there kids AUTISTIC. Do they really know that is virutally IMPOSSIBLE to manage Autistic kids when they throw tantrums.

Would appreciate comments in support of the mother from real suffering Mom's of Autistic Kids. Others are simply talking without knowing anything about autism. A guy suffering from Cancer will feel what is the REAL pain,others are simply preachers.
Oh, please. When you are on an airplane, you are in a dangerous environment. A well-controlled dangerous environment, but a dangerous one nonetheless. And the safety of all the passengers trumps the needs of the mother's feelings. That's common sense, and has nothing to do with whether or not we have autistic children.

What's more, you said it best: "it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to manage Autistic kids when they throw tantrums."

So here the kid is in a small passenger plane (Those American Eagle plans just aren't that large in the first place) proving completely unmanageable. What on earth is the flight attendant supposed to do? A unmanageable passenger on a jet, whether autistic, drunk, or just downright rude is a potential danger to the craft, its passengers, and its crew. And you can wax indignant all you want, but that fact isn't going to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 01:38 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I have a neighbor and I have sen waht a chid like that can do. It is a tough situation.She told me that many times they have to use a mid seditive if goign far because other wise they can cause a accident even if buckled in. We all know even keeping a normal child buckled in requires pullingover sometimes when they are young.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:46 AM

53 posts, read 197,668 times
Quote:
All the Mom's who are saying something I would like to ask ARE there kids AUTISTIC. Do they really know that is virutally IMPOSSIBLE to manage Autistic kids when they throw tantrums.

Would appreciate comments in support of the mother from real suffering Mom's of Autistic Kids. Others are simply talking without knowing anything about autism. A guy suffering from Cancer will feel what is the REAL pain,others are simply preachers.

Who cares if the child has autism or if I know what it feeeels like to have an autistic child? It's really not even relevant--you want to fly, you gotta follow the rules. I get so sick of people with disabilities, allergies, sensitivities, whatever expecting people to bend over backwards for them. One child has a peanut allergy, so suddenly the entire school is a "Peanut Free Zone." I have enough problems of my own--I don't need to be forced to deal with other people's issues.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:12 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,024 times
Quote:

Uh...this has nothing to do with FEELINGS. I'm sure there were some sore FEELINGS amongst the crowd on the plane that arrived very late to their destination.

If a passenger no matter if 2 or 100 can't be controlled IN THEIR SEAT they get put off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting