Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,078 times

Advertisements

Good luck tonight! I thought about emphasizing the husband/wife needs, but wondered if that would put the husband in the middle? You know, if tonight goes really badly, maybe talking with her pastor might help or show some insight? She is obviously dedicated to her church, maybe going through them might shed some light for her? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 10:04 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
Guess what! It went extremely well! After I begun my sentence of "I think you need to find your own place.." She interrupted me and said she has already started looking.She even asked me to help her get some job retraining and to ask in the town next door where I work to see how she can apply for their housing authority. Thank you GOD!!
So after that we just chatted about the weather and my kids. She said she is looking forward to getting her own place where she can sew (she's a really good seamstress) and not bother my DH when he's sleeping. YAY

Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Eleven years?? Dayum, your husband must be a saint.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Yay! Hopefully it will work out, for all of you.Maybe it will give her a lift and be good for her....I KNOW it will be good for you! cheers!

Old 06-28-2008, 03:12 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,078 times
Congratulations! I've very happy for you! Now keep her on track--seriously. Is it too early to plan a private celebration party for you and your husband?

Old 06-28-2008, 06:36 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Guess what! It went extremely well! After I begun my sentence of "I think you need to find your own place.." She interrupted me and said she has already started looking.She even asked me to help her get some job retraining and to ask in the town next door where I work to see how she can apply for their housing authority. Thank you GOD!!
So after that we just chatted about the weather and my kids. She said she is looking forward to getting her own place where she can sew (she's a really good seamstress) and not bother my DH when he's sleeping. YAY
That is so awesome, I was kind of wondering how this would work out because I know a big horrible argument would have been horrible for you.

If she sews well then that would be a way for her to bring in extra money, taking in suits, shortening or letting out pants, simple mending etc. I saw a sign the other day and I was kind of shocked at what they were charging for simple things.

We used to have ladies that made dresses for weddings and proms and so forth as well.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
I do not know what upbringing you had so I can only tell you how i WOULD FEEL. I would be ashamed if I were you! She raised you since birth! This is your mom after all! AND I obviously see things different!
My mother and fathr care for my son as well as my sisters children and we have both have fought over whom should be in charge of mom and dad when they are to od because in my mind you do not hand your parents off when they are of no use! Did your mom charge you for childcare that is priceless when you are sure and have the peace of mind when you go to work? She is geting money is she not? Why does it matter if she lives it up a little? I wopuld be elated if my mom gets to this age and had helped me so much and had a lil fun! SHAME ON YOU!
I think your post is uncalled for. Clearly you didn't read what she had to say because her MOther is causing problems for her marriage and with her children.

Its not right to be so judgemental of others when you clearly don't know what they are going through. Not everyones MOther is so delightful to be around. Should she really have to sacrifice her marriage so her MOther can continue to live with her??

Old 06-30-2008, 12:30 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
I do not know what upbringing you had so I can only tell you how i WOULD FEEL. I would be ashamed if I were you! She raised you since birth! This is your mom after all! AND I obviously see things different!
My mother and fathr care for my son as well as my sisters children and we have both have fought over whom should be in charge of mom and dad when they are to od because in my mind you do not hand your parents off when they are of no use! Did your mom charge you for childcare that is priceless when you are sure and have the peace of mind when you go to work? She is geting money is she not? Why does it matter if she lives it up a little? I wopuld be elated if my mom gets to this age and had helped me so much and had a lil fun! SHAME ON YOU!
You don't know the whole story lady. She wasn't exactly the best mom but I won't go into the sordid details but it involved abandonment,neglect and other things no child should live through. But I won't entertain your hurtful post with any more details.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
You don't know the whole story lady. She wasn't exactly the best mom but I won't go into the sordid details but it involved abandonment,neglect and other things no child should live through. But I won't entertain your hurtful post with any more details.
FRankly some people feel women especially should be a doormat. That YOU should endanger your marriage and happiness of your children for your MOther who from the sounds of it is a taker not a giver.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:52 PM

81 posts, read 182,756 times
Tell you will not lie for her. That is fraud and is a crime. There is no reason to commit a crime.

I would also talk to her about her negativity and that she is becoming a big negative influence on the entire family. Tell her she will stop talking about you behind her back right now. The kids do nto want to hear it, and you do not want to hear talk bad about others either.

Tell her you think it is a great idea to go spend some time with her other kids.

If she says no, she does not want to live with the other kids, then hand her the application and say you will pay to helo her move (paying her back what you owe).

I hate negative people, they are such a drain to be around.

On the flip side:

Does she ever watch the kids for you? Does she do anything around the house to help?

__________________________________________________ _
EDIT: I should have finished the thread before I posted.

Congratulations on it going so well. Maybe you can get her to move 2-3 towns away instea of just 1. LOL (Just kidding)

Last edited by chocula; 07-02-2008 at 01:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting