Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 01:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times

Advertisements

I remember watching road runner and the coyote on Sat. mornings.
The Land of the Lost. Wow......

Nowdays- its Spongebob around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 01:45 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
We are a Disney House... I have to vote for Phineas and Ferb... My husband loves it... very funny! On Nick I like Jimmy Neutron...I think the geek factor of both of them remind me of my husband LOL

Old 07-07-2008, 03:57 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,371,813 times
The new Curious George series is really good, and the kids wind up learning a few things.

The Backyardigans is also fun, and not unbearable for parents.

The person who created Dora will be the first person I put up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post

The person who created Dora will be the first person I put up against the wall when the revolution comes.
Give me a call and I'll be the lookout

Old 07-07-2008, 06:42 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
I loved the Flintstones and the Jetsons. Loved seeing how they made everyday things adaptable to their times. Like the elephant faucet that Wilma used. Looking back now, I see how male chauvinistic they are. But they were fun. Hated Scooby Doo. My kids loved My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, Rescue Rangers and Smurfs.

My youngest loves Fairly Oddparents-I personally cannot stand all the yelling in that show. Hated Ren and Stupid, Beavis and Butthead and all those gross ones with snotty noses, poopy butts and such. Not so fun to me. Kids do love them though.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:46 PM

515 posts, read 1,557,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
The Backyardigans is also fun, and not unbearable for parents.
Speak for yourself... lol I hate that show!

~D

Old 07-08-2008, 07:18 AM

You know what I can't stand? Yo Gabba Gabba... I feel like it is a Romper Room in crazy technicolor on Speed... I don't get it... It is torture to watch.

OH and Oobie! Come on! An eyeball and a hand... and the lesson they showed on acceptance/ diversity was when Oobie met A FOOT!!!!! Deep thoughts...

Old 07-08-2008, 08:23 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,057 times
I remember when I was growing up there were cartoons and kid's shows on the networks every Saturday morning from sunrise up to about noon. It was just something you could depend on. I remember watching Looney Tunes (Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Sylvester and Tweety, Marvin the Martian, Taz, Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Pepé Le Pew, Speedy Gonzalez, etc etc.), Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Smurfs, Dungeons and Dragons, Dragon's Lair, The Littles, Gummi Bears....list goes on.

I remember sitting around in my tighty whities eating cereal and watching cartoons.

I also remember the shows that were on while I was getting ready for school. The Lone Ranger came on real early. I knew they were reruns but still liked it anyway.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
I agree with most here. Flintstones was at the top, as was the Looney Tunes (Bugs et al.). But there were some I remember that some of the younger guys I work with don't remember: Herculoids, Johnny Quest (original), Hanna Barbara (Hair Bear Bunch, etc.).

Non-cartoons I used to watch all the time included the Banana Splits and a show I think was called Lidsville (about a boy who falls into a large hat and all the beings in that land were actually hats.. I think he had a talking flute too?)

Today, pretty much the only cartoon my little one (11 years old) watches is Spongebob. I have to admit, I can giggle at it sometimes too.

Things that will not ever go on at my house (because I feel it's inappropriate for the kids to see) are Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park, etc. Prime time cartoons nowadays I feel are definitely geared for adults.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:40 AM

240 posts, read 580,967 times
my 19 months son lovessssss WONDER PETS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting