Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:20 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times

Advertisements

Irish Twins!! Wonderful!!

You can handle this. It will be a major handful for about 25 years, but you can definitely handle this. Watch an episode or two of John & Kate + 8 for inspiration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 11:42 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,748,696 times
I had a neighbor who had twins with fertility treatment. And 10 months later another. Is she can do it so can you.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,043 times
Im in the same boat--well similar. And freaking out a bit. I had my first child out of wedlock at a very young age. She is now 11. I was a single mother for half of her childhood life. When she was 8 I met my husband and we married. We just had a baby boy SEPT of 2009. Huge gap from my now 11 yr old girl and now 6 month old boy. She has been a HUGE help with him. Well, we just found out that we are 7 weeks pregnant and will be expecting another (3rd) child this Oct-Nov 2010. This will be the last!! My two youngest will be 13 months apart! And on top of that, I have a pre-teen. Im fortunate to be able to work from home now. (im in IT) but I am unclear on how long it will last. At least until I have the last baby i know I will be able to work from home. Im terrified about having two infants. I JUST got use to having my son. I swore for years that I would only have my 1 child. Im surprised on how life turns out. I know this is a blessing and it will all work out in the end. I admit that I was super excited about being pregnant with my son, however this last pregnancy, I am not too thrilled. I am having troubles with being excited and am more worried than anything.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:11 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,857,098 times
us, my daughters are 12 monnths and 27 days apart, it's awesome

Old 03-31-2010, 06:00 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
We had triplets, boys.....you can do it. It wasn't planned. But we managed.
They actually got along well, and we did not have problems. They are the best of friends and would kill for each other, one son though befriended another child in school, who unfortunetely did not have the best of families one can say, anyway he would be with our family all the time, he practically lived with us, so we had triplets then another boy, all the same age. So what ever one had all four had.....................we had 4 of everything...................
They are all in thier 20's now, best of friends and our other "son" is still very much a part of our family. He even calls me Papa like my boy's. We are divorced now, and she has since made the transition and I a partner now, but with everything that has happened, we all get along and are 1 big happy (nutty) family....

It is fun for the children to be the same ages so they can play the same things together, and also taking care of another persons child knowing that you are doing something good for another human is rewarding in it's own.
He also considers us

ahhhh the memories, you will love it !!!!!

Old 03-31-2010, 07:27 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
It will be hard at first, but worth it later, IMO. Have fun! Just wait until they are a little older. There are too many cute, sweet, special moments to even mention.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:19 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
When I was 55 and my husband was 62 we decided to adopt two older girls from Vietnam. We asked for sisters between the ages of 4 and 7. We ended up with a 3 month old and then a 7 month old. They are now 7.

If we could do virtual twins at ages 55 and 62 and now have 7 year olds at 63 and 70 then you who are young will be just fine.

It gets a bit crazy around here and my husband is still working and wants to work forever, But we love our life and can't even imagine it without our two special girls. By the way, these girls are # 6 and #7 and only 1 is our biological child.

We have 7 kids from 7 to 47!!!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 03:32 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Congratulations!!! You and your wife will defenitely find a way through the first surely difficult weeks.

It's really amazing to read here how many of you have more than two children. Over here in Germany it's not very common. Actually I know only 1 couple with 3 children and these three are my cousins. In my generation (between 25 and 35) are so many young people who don't want children at all (which I don't understand but can accept) or who start off rather late.

I got my first child when I was 25 and he'll be 3 in May. When he was 18 months old I thought about having another but delayed it somewhat lol Now we're thinking about starting again since DS is already a big boy. I'm an only child and always thought we would only have one child. I don't know how it'll work out and if/when we get pregnant again but we'll certainly give it another try.

Anyhoo', IMHO it has its advantages to have the kids only a few months apart but there also advantages to start all over again when they are 6-8 years apart.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:45 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
My middle sister and I are 16 months apart. I don't think it was that hard on my parents. One of the reasons, though, is that my sister was extremely docile. I was a different story. Haha. Our other sister is six years older than I am. My middle sister and I have always been very close to each other, probably due to our ages. My mom did get pregnant with me on purpose at that time. They knew they wanted a third kid and didn't want to wait a long time and have a long gap between our ages. I think it was a good decision.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:12 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
it seems like people, in general, used to wait longer between kids. It seems more common now to have them closer together. I wonder if that is really the case, or just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting