Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:36 AM

44 posts, read 100,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I highly doubt that as well. You are a teenage girl making it up as you go! I still respect your opinion, however, it is definitely that of an child.
Don't care. My posts aren't for your benefit.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Well for two reasons.

1. the father didn't know who he was and he walked in and I'm sure to him he thought he saw a MAN "standing" naked over his daughter (according to the article)

2. Some say that it's ok for them to have sex. I'm assuming those of you who believe this was ok believe them to be adults thus he is a man.

Here's the problem, NO ONE in any jury in any court, anywhere in the world, would ever believe that hogwash, goodluck with that!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
That's funny. So what are we supposed to do, kiss up to our kids because we're afraid they won't like us when they get older? Please. ROFLMAO
You need to treat your kids like you're a parent. Think about that one. You're the adult.

Last edited by girlsRpeopletoo; 05-25-2009 at 11:02 AM..

Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsRpeopletoo View Post
That's Ur problem not mine. Actually I answer questions from teens online, several hundred a week about relationships and sex, I get paid to answer their quesitons. Maybe why you think I'm a teen?

That's right, I could be giving your teen advice.
You won't be giving my teen advice but not likely at all my teen would be seeking advice from you. My teens know that crawling through a window doesn't mean respect nor love (love is based on respect).

I agree with that poster, you are a teen girl and still confusing sex with love. You're young, blaming your dad that some boy stopped coming around to mate with you.

What you need to figure out that a boy who won't come to the front door and meet your father and promise to have you home on time does not really love you at all. A boy that has no respect for your family - your parents - doesn't really care about you.

When you're older, you'll realize there's more to love and life and parenting than some teen song.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
You need to treat your kids like a parent. Think about that one. You know what they're going to go through, and you know they're growing up. You're the adult.
And now remember that your mean ole dad is the man who cares about you, who wants you to be respected as a girl/woman - and he does know what those lustful males are going through. Give him a big hug and tell him what a great dad he is, and thank him for caring. At least one man -- your dad --does care about you and doesn't view you as just some boy's plaything.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

When you're older, you'll realize there's more to love and life and parenting than some teen song.

They reflect what's going on in the world.

Last edited by girlsRpeopletoo; 05-25-2009 at 11:02 AM..

Old 05-25-2009, 09:50 AM

Here is a story from another thread on this board, and another poster, for all of you parents who think you should injure a child or boy who's crawling in windows. These parents deserve an award. They handled a difficult situation like a parent.

That sounds just like what my BIL did a number of years ago. He was trying to see his girlfriend (who is now his wife of 20 years!). Her parents were attempting to keep them apart, so the father had his daughter sleep in another room while he slept in hers.

You can imagine what happened next...

The cops came and arrested him on the spot, for attempted burglary. Thankfully the parents dropped the charges.

One on many incidents between them...now they all get along fine. Funny how some things are simply meant to be!!

Why don't you try this. Good luck to you, I cannot keep arguing this point on this thread!

Last edited by girlsRpeopletoo; 05-25-2009 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: P

Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,069,466 times
Quote:
I never had a boy climb in my window. They weren't invited to do that. And no, I dumped my boyfriend when I was young. The details arent' for an internet board.

I posted the songs because when I hear them, it reminds me of the terrible way in which some young women are treated and it's terrible to get treated badly when you try to grow up and find a life partner and you have this cave man father getting in the way and ruining your life.

The boy in the song was sneaking behind his girlfriend's father's back, but he does love her. That's the point of it.
Just the fact that you think life is like a love song tells me you are not a mature woman. You ARE kidding right? You don't find a Life Partner when you are 15 and have them climbing through your window. If you find a Life Partner you bring them through the FRONT door and introduce them to your parents. Of course, there are some children that don't care who they disrespect....they are going to do what THEY want to do against their parents better judgment. You know what that is called? Karma. Sometimes you get what you ask for and it isn't a pretty thing.

Quote:
When kids grow up, they don't have to stay in touch with parents or even talk to them. It's not a good idea to treat kdis badly, they may not want a relationship with you when they're older.
OK that works for me. I don't cater to my children, I don't try to "give them everything I didn't have", I WON'T walk on eggshells when they are KIDS on the threat they might not talk to me when they are grown.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:42 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
That's Ur problem not mine. Actually I answer questions from teens online, several hundred a week about relationships and sex, I get paid to answer their quesitons. Maybe why you think I'm a teen?

That's right, I could be giving your teen advice.
Riiiiiight. That's why you've gotten two rep points since you started posting yesterday. That should say something to you about how the community here views your opinions on child rearing. Take it to MySpace, cupcake.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:49 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
To the many of you who think violence is the solution, I wonder what your redneck quotient is.

Sternly tell the boy to put on his clothes and leave and then have a serious talk with the daughter.

Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting