U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-12-2010, 06:29 AM
 
28,180 posts, read 22,990,673 times
Reputation: 16640

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Get back at my child? Lol. Not allowing him to talk back and be respectful is getting back at him? I'm not a teenager. Children are not allowed to yell at adults. My kids would laugh at you if they heard you say I was a bad mother and you would never talk to me again. They thank me all the time for being a hard a**.

Forgive me if I don' take the suggestions of one woman who doesn't conform to normal school or home-school, sleeps with random strangers once a week, has sex with her husband while the kids are in the same bed and another one who is afraid of everything.
To be clear and fair, I was NOT alluding to rent payments or anything like that. I was talking about the cutting cables, shutting electric off type of things. THAT is overboard IMO.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2010, 06:31 AM
 
28,180 posts, read 22,990,673 times
Reputation: 16640
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
And I would have gotten knocked out w/ the phone had I attempted to call the cops over this matter.
Wow. Anyone else disturbed by this statement? Knocked out with a telephone? Yikes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2010, 06:32 AM
 
28,180 posts, read 22,990,673 times
Reputation: 16640
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Had I told my dad that, I wouldn't have any teeth in my mouth. You are right that it doesn't hold you to some magical bubble, but at 14, that just doesn't fly. (atleast I wouldn't have w/ my parents).
Yeah he slapped me in the mouth. Totally notched up my respect for him by a million degrees let me tell ya.

When I was working my ass off to support his drinking habit and pay his bills that he refused to pay because he was too busy getting his drink on it flew IMO.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2010, 06:32 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 1,688,971 times
Reputation: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up Now I see what you mean. Trust me, the last thing I am is lazy. I wash my own clothes, I wash dishes, and I contribute some of the groceries. I'm currently working on my masters, and trying to get in w/ a state agency(My bachelor's degree was in sociology), but right now I'm simply doing part time work studies w/ adult education.
You are finishing your Masters! That is wonderful, good for you. A perfect example of when you should live with your parents if needed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2010, 06:35 AM
 
28,180 posts, read 22,990,673 times
Reputation: 16640
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post

Forgive me if I don' take the suggestions of one woman who doesn't conform to normal school or home-school, sleeps with random strangers once a week, has sex with her husband while the kids are in the same bed and another one who is afraid of everything.
WTF are you talking about?!!!!!


My kids go to normal public school

I do not sleep with my husband while my kids are in the same bed

I don't sleep with random strangers and I certainly do not have one who is afraid of everything!

WAY OVER THE LINE AND TOTAL LIES.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2010, 06:54 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 1,688,971 times
Reputation: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
WTF are you talking about?!!!!!


My kids go to normal public school

I do not sleep with my husband while my kids are in the same bed

I don't sleep with random strangers and I certainly do not have one who is afraid of everything!

WAY OVER THE LINE AND TOTAL LIES.
Wasn't talking about you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2010, 07:06 AM
 
28,180 posts, read 22,990,673 times
Reputation: 16640
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Wasn't talking about you.
Then maybe you should have quoted the person you were talking about and not me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2010, 07:16 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 1,688,971 times
Reputation: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Then maybe you should have quoted the person you were talking about and not me.
Sorry, was speaking to both of you judging me about my terrible, mis-guided, awful motherly ways.

Oh, and I double checked with my older son yesterday. He laughed and said there is no way he wants to be a 25 year old man living with his mother unless he suddenly became homeless. He wondered what guy would?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2010, 07:53 AM
 
28,180 posts, read 22,990,673 times
Reputation: 16640
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Sorry, was speaking to both of you judging me about my terrible, mis-guided, awful motherly ways.

Oh, and I double checked with my older son yesterday. He laughed and said there is no way he wants to be a 25 year old man living with his mother unless he suddenly became homeless. He wondered what guy would?
I never called you terrible or awful. I simply disagreed with your stance on kicking kids out and making them pay rent. Disagreement doesn't equal disrespect.

Your son is not the end all and be all of what 25 year old men think. Furthermore, when I was speaking I was talking about directly after high school + 4-5 years, the average length of a BA. So it would be 23 years old, tops. Not unheard of.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2010, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Southwest Louisiana
3,069 posts, read 2,861,807 times
Reputation: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yeah he slapped me in the mouth. Totally notched up my respect for him by a million degrees let me tell ya.

When I was working my ass off to support his drinking habit and pay his bills that he refused to pay because he was too busy getting his drink on it flew IMO.
ooooh so your dad was just a drunk. nvm, you win.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top