Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2007, 06:56 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,145,259 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I have to wonder WHAT?????????????

From a 17 y.o.

Example one : Mom, why do you have to be an awful parent?....
You always have to do everything the right way !!!!!!

(With this one, I had to walk out of the room and ask my husband, was it a compliment or an insult??)

Example two: When (example one) was brought up again, to figure out compliment/insult, I told my son that if I hadn't been strick, he'd of probably been in alot of trouble growning up. His reply, Do you think I am good because of you ?, I am just a good kid !

Now he does have a cold, and I hope his head is congested, because he was just talking plain stupid last night. Husband and I just looked at eachother and busted out laughing. Told him , he really doesn't have a clue and to lay off the cold meds. !! LOL

Sometimes I am amazed !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 03:26 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,470,243 times
I love how my son says that I always ruin things. For example, on Valentine's Day, he got in trouble for being fresh and I punished him. Then he comes to me, crying, saying he's so miserable because I ruin holidays and other days by punishing him. Hello....I am giving you the consequence of your behavior! No mis-behavior, no punishment! AND he is only SIX!!

Old 02-16-2007, 03:42 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,688,193 times
I once accused my mother of buying left overs... she laughed for sometime over that one..

Another time I said at dinner that the steak was kinda tough...
She replied...i'd be a lot tougher if you didn't have it !!

Old 02-16-2007, 05:25 PM

279 posts, read 1,855,093 times
Well I think your son was trying to insult you now, but as he gets older will realize that it was ACTUALLY a compliment.

I usually buy good steak if I'm going to buy it, but one time I bought the cheap steak. Well my son ( 6 or 7 at the time) was eating and I could see this look on his face, so I asked him what was wrong. He told me " I keep chewing the steak but it won't go away"

Old 02-16-2007, 05:38 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,726,888 times
After making several suggestions when discussing with my soon to be H.S. graduate what careers she might be interested in, she told me "I dont like old people, I don't like kids, and I don't want to touch anyone." Well, how about that!! (She really is quite sweet!)

Old 02-16-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingoutofCA View Post
Well I think your son was trying to insult you now, but as he gets older will realize that it was ACTUALLY a compliment.
Yes, I am sure it was meant to be an insult. I know THE day will come when he will realize and be thankful. It was just funny the way it came out. Sometimes I can't even agrue with him because he gets so mad, he makes no sense and I just have to laugh.
Patiently waiting for the day he has his own family. And the reminising will be so wonderful!
I am sure he will soon give me more to add ! He's pretty quiet tonight after we explained how stupid he sounded last night.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:49 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,198,110 times
Default Oh Dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Sometimes I have to wonder WHAT?????????????

From a 17 y.o.

Example one : Mom, why do you have to be an awful parent?....
You always have to do everything the right way !!!!!!

(With this one, I had to walk out of the room and ask my husband, was it a compliment or an insult??)

Example two: When (example one) was brought up again, to figure out compliment/insult, I told my son that if I hadn't been strick, he'd of probably been in alot of trouble growning up. His reply, Do you think I am good because of you ?, I am just a good kid !

Now he does have a cold, and I hope his head is congested, because he was just talking plain stupid last night. Husband and I just looked at eachother and busted out laughing. Told him , he really doesn't have a clue and to lay off the cold meds. !! LOL

Sometimes I am amazed !
my 7 yr old son (notice most of these are about sons) and my nephew were at our house having a sleepover well it got to be bedtime not becasue of the clock but because of my sons attitude
so.... after listening to him bicker (he's got my blanket....I'm cold....I'm hot...blah blah blah) I finally told him he was grounded Lets quote the rest

"mom why am I grounded"
"because you are being a butthead"
"When can I be un grounded"
"when you're not a butthead"
"but mom that could be forever" (no lie)

so after I changed my pants cause I about near pee'd myself I went back to him and asked so humbly
"Son...... do you mean to tell me you are going to be abuthead forever?"
this child had the nerve to say....
"You don't know ....it could happen"

Old 04-21-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
my 7 yr old son (notice most of these are about sons) and my nephew were at our house having a sleepover well it got to be bedtime not becasue of the clock but because of my sons attitude
so.... after listening to him bicker (he's got my blanket....I'm cold....I'm hot...blah blah blah) I finally told him he was grounded Lets quote the rest

"mom why am I grounded"
"because you are being a butthead"
"When can I be un grounded"
"when you're not a butthead"
"but mom that could be forever" (no lie)

so after I changed my pants cause I about near pee'd myself I went back to him and asked so humbly
"Son...... do you mean to tell me you are going to be abuthead forever?"
this child had the nerve to say....
"You don't know ....it could happen"

Sorry to say, can happen and probably will happen! At least until they are on their own and realize all we have done for them.

My 17 y.o. son, bought a shirt thats says" MY PARENTS SAID i COULD BE ANYTHING
.....SO I BECAME AN A**HOLE."

We relocated from a big city to a 20 acre island farm (out of state), 1 mile to the main road- 30 minutes from town. We are the only people living on this property. He pissed me off, I told him he was grounded. He said "from what??". You already moved me out to literally the middle of NOWHERE.
Sad to say, he had a point!!
My answer: Your not allowed to feed the deer or peacocks for a week!! I was at a loss. LOL
My son used to threaten that when he was 18, HE WAS OUTTA HERE. Well he will be 18 soon, and has changed his tune abit. He now says he isn't leaving until he is 50!!! You can guess my reply to that!!

Old 04-23-2007, 03:23 PM

199 posts, read 1,129,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
My 17 y.o. son, bought a shirt thats says" MY PARENTS SAID i COULD BE ANYTHING
.....SO I BECAME AN A**HOLE."
ROFL! If one of my teens came home with that shirt, I honestly don't know whether I'd be offended, insulted or amused.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar9 View Post
ROFL! If one of my teens came home with that shirt, I honestly don't know whether I'd be offended, insulted or amused.
It was for amusement purposes. We have a very strong sense of humor in this house. AND I choose to pick my battles. At least he hasn't come home with an offensive tatoo or piercing (yet). He only wears that shirt around the house.
And yes, we found it humorous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting