Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:03 PM

897 posts, read 2,455,257 times

Advertisements

Mine are older now and don't trick or treat but i think I let mine go with friends when they were around 9- they had certain streets they had to stay on and had a walkie talkie- and would check in- I think you need to let them go when you feel it is safe- every family has different views on everything - I do believe you need to let them go at some point- they will be gone before you know it and if you keep such tight reins on them they will not know what to do in the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 09:10 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
I think any kid old enough to wear a bra or shave is too old to be trick or treating and I tell them so when a bunch of teenagers go around with pillowcases and demand candy. I save last year left overs for them.
When our kids were younger we walked with them and then when they got home we let them pick out 5 pices of special candy to keep and the rest went into the garbage (or the bag for the teenagers). I'm not a fan of trick or treating.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:30 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
Yeah i'd say maybe 16. But by that time should they really be trick or treating???
12 years is the limit here.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:04 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,847 times
IMHO when kids get to the age when they could trick or treat alone, it might be the time when they should perhaps go to Halloween parties/organized events instead. If you ask me, trick or treating should be primarily left for the little ones.

I don't have kids, and I know that if I did I wouldn't let a kid under the age of, say, 14 out on their own, unless they're with a BIG group of reliable friends. There's tons of kids out on Halloween, and unfortunately the pedos and weirdos of the world know this...no matter how "safe" your 'hood might be.

Last edited by thepinksquid; 10-30-2009 at 08:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting