Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 11:28 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodi View Post
Taboo, I don't understand how this is at all relevant to the discussion of breastfeeding. You're posting an article which reports on people who held a little boy captive while they tortured him in their home. It's a very disturbing story but one that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Yes, we all know that their are evil people in this world who will abuse others, including their own children, but what does this have to do with the discussion of extended breastfeeding?
You continue to try to draw comparisons between extended breastfeeding and abuse. You make it sound like there is a fine line between the two when in reality, they couldn't be more different.
This more along the lines of abuse rather than breastfeeding but they do tie in.

What i am saying is just because a cop sees someone and it's a mother doesn't mean everything is handy dandy. Back to the older children in public breastfeeding thing (even a 5 yr old)- i think the public (or police) questioning someone can be a good thing and if you are really doing nothing wrong (which breastfeeding is not wrong) than you wouldn't be all angry about the questions.
You would be happy to enlighten them or tell them where to shove it.

I still find it disturbing as the one poster stated that the police would not even question a person merely on the assumption that it is a mother.

There are women out there who for whatever pyscho reasons are terrible representations of mothers.

Last edited by Taboo2; 12-26-2008 at 11:55 AM..

Old 12-26-2008, 12:42 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
This more along the lines of abuse rather than breastfeeding but they do tie in.

What i am saying is just because a cop sees someone and it's a mother doesn't mean everything is handy dandy. Back to the older children in public breastfeeding thing (even a 5 yr old)- i think the public (or police) questioning someone can be a good thing and if you are really doing nothing wrong (which breastfeeding is not wrong) than you wouldn't be all angry about the questions.
You would be happy to enlighten them or tell them where to shove it.

I still find it disturbing as the one poster stated that the police would not even question a person merely on the assumption that it is a mother.

There are women out there who for whatever pyscho reasons are terrible representations of mothers.

That's a new one I have to add to my "crazy things I've never seen but happen cause someone said so" list!

Did I miss something? Is there an epidemic of women steeling OTHER people's babies and sexually abusing them by whipping out their breast and sticking it in their mouths in public?????????????????????

Did everyone have a great holiday???? Wow, hectic and crazy for me, but I wouldn't change it

Old 12-26-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
That's a new one I have to add to my "crazy things I've never seen but happen cause someone said so" list!

Did I miss something? Is there an epidemic of women steeling OTHER people's babies and sexually abusing them by whipping out their breast and sticking it in their mouths in public?????????????????????

Did everyone have a great holiday???? Wow, hectic and crazy for me, but I wouldn't change it
Actually, A few years ago there were a bunch of women who stole babies from REAL mothers and it was an epidemic.

And yes, they most likely were very willing and ready to breastfeed these children that didn't belong to them. Since then the security at hospitals has been much better but there are some crazy women out there. Then of course, there is the one lady who's baby was stolen and cut out of her stomach.

So you see, in this crazy world who knows what possibilities there are. There are such horrors these days in the world the facts are, you just NEVER know. I personally like the idea of people questioning things. I think to not question is to do a disservice to the child.

I suppose it is on my mind because of this story:

A woman just tried to abduct an 11 yr old a few days before Xmas. It made me think what kind of woman would do that and WHY?
http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/s...y.php?id=10490

Old 12-26-2008, 01:13 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Actually, A few years ago there were a bunch of women who stole babies from REAL mothers and it was an epidemic.

And yes, they most likely were very willing and ready to breastfeed these children that didn't belong to them. Since then the security at hospitals has been much better but there are some crazy women out there. Then of course, there is the one lady who's baby was stolen and cut out of her stomach.

So you see, in this crazy world who knows what possibilities there are. There are such horrors these days in the world the facts are, you just NEVER know. I personally like the idea of people questioning things. I think to not question is to do a disservice to the child.

I suppose it is on my mind because of this story:

A woman just tried to abduct an 11 yr old a few days before Xmas. It made me think what kind of woman would do that and WHY?
Palo Alto Online : PA police investigating attempted abduction

I can see there is an epidemic of people NOT completely reading ALL of a post!

You can link all the stories you want, I'm sure you won't find very many where a women stole someone elses baby, went to a very public place and miraculiously got her breasts to MAKE milk and was sticking it in a STOLEN babies mouth!

And fyi, the women in your STORY that are "willing and ready" to breastfeed the abducted infants would be sh** out of luck unless they previously gave birth and were NOT nursing their own child. Milk isn't readily available!

Oh yea, thank you for the beautiful Holiday link.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:58 PM

Well there were wet nurses that lactated for years doing just that. They hadn't had a child in a while. All you would have to do it continue to pump.

There is even an instance of a man with Gynomastia lactating when his wife was pregnant just to see if he could.

And no i don't think there is a bunch of crazy ladies out there stealing babies in order to breastfeed in public.

But like i said, there are some pretty crazy events happening in the world and i wouldn't rule anything out.

BTW some of these wackjob women stealing babies are mothers already.

BTW i was stating all of this as hypothetical because as you stated, I cannot see a mother breastfeeding a child over the age of 2-3 in public for whatever the reasons. I think the peer pressure they could possibly be subjected to would be enough to keep that person doing it at home privately to avoid unwanted attention or questions.
It's none of their business, but you know that all your parenting decisions made in public are subject to others giving their opinons on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I can see there is an epidemic of people NOT completely reading ALL of a post!

You can link all the stories you want, I'm sure you won't find very many where a women stole someone elses baby, went to a very public place and miraculiously got her breasts to MAKE milk and was sticking it in a STOLEN babies mouth!

And fyi, the women in your STORY that are "willing and ready" to breastfeed the abducted infants would be sh** out of luck unless they previously gave birth and were NOT nursing their own child. Milk isn't readily available!

Oh yea, thank you for the beautiful Holiday link.

Last edited by Taboo2; 12-26-2008 at 03:27 PM..

Old 12-26-2008, 02:07 PM

709 posts, read 1,497,856 times
It's disgusting, but parents do get to make the rules.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 4,028 times
God made breasts for feeding our children!! So lets do what god made us to do!! Any woman should breast feed her child as long as she wants . Its her baby... Shes the mother .... Not any one else . I really feel other women are jealous cause they wished they had that much love and patience to give to a child to breastfeed for so long. I should know im breastfeeding my 5 year old boy and keep letting him as long as he wants it.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,028 times
Default L

L

Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM

515 posts, read 1,329,953 times
I don't know. I just think a 6 year old should learn to drink from a cup...heck a 3 year old should drink from a cup!

It would just be so embarrassing...if your kid is old enough to go to school it's old enough not to have to suck on your boob anymore...grow up!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAYINGHOMEMAMA View Post
God made breasts for feeding our children!! So lets do what god made us to do!! Any woman should breast feed her child as long as she wants . Its her baby... Shes the mother .... Not any one else . I really feel other women are jealous cause they wished they had that much love and patience to give to a child to breastfeed for so long. I should know im breastfeeding my 5 year old boy and keep letting him as long as he wants it.
I get your point, but I think you are doing your child a disservice. Don't you think he might feel a bit odd being the only one of his friends still breastfeeding? I wish I'd had the patience to breastfeed for a year. 5 years? no way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting