Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,842,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
When you use a stoller, other mom's want their kids to walk safely by them...when they are at the age where running off is avoidable. I know your kids never ran off but the majority of us have kids who at one point or another thought it was fun to run and have a parent chase them...Why put your kids in a stroller if they can just hop out anyway? That is exactly the same point of putting on a harness and diconnecting it when need be... OH,,and talk about not being safe...You don't belt your kids in the stroller? Geez, they could tip it over and hurt themselves...Your argument is unstable. Your not making any valid points against harness use other then it 'looks' bad. There is not a single difference when it comes to the objective of either device (stroller or harness). You just have issues not accepting new modalites in parenting. Coupled with your a much better parent then the rest of us...Viola...a closed minded parent who like to judge other mothers who do things differently...with success.
I think you might want to read my post again.... it said that a parent can unbutton the belt to let the child out POST 123
Quote:
They can get in and out, come and go, sit and stand, walk and ride..... the belt is there so they don't fall out if they fall asleep....as explained for Rebecca....Parents can undo the belt easily with one button....
and that I would never put the child in the stroller without belting it. "VIOLA" POST 116
Quote:
It was discussed where a child was attached to a clothesline and a brick in previous posts. If you go back and read them. The parents were working in the yard and the Leash was used as a runner on the clothesline.... like a dog leash on a dog run. The stroller and shopping cart are not exactly the same thing as the parent is right there by the child's side. I would say if the parent leaves the child in the store to do their own thing they should have CPS called immediately. I never leave the cart to do my own thing in the grocery store. I am there the whole time. And if my child gets antsy they are able to get out of the cart and walk along side it. They do not run away. They are also not tied to me or the cart with a leash. They are strapped in the cart using a safety belt, as in the car so they do not fall out. That is for safety purposes and it would be neglectful if I would put a child at such a height and didn't strap them in. Also, it would be neglectful to put them in a moving vehicle, such as a stroller, without strapping them in- in case they were to doze off..... wouldn't want them to fall out now would I? I have taught my child to obey, to follow the rules, to do as they should.... as have I taught classrooms of children after classrooms of children. It can be done if they know the adult expects it of them. Using a stroller I have taught my children to walk nicely as I let them get in and out of it as they please, as long as they follow the walking rules and stay with us. There are rules they must follow, rules they must learn. They learn them quick. Especially if they don't feel like staying in the stroller. But they also have the stroller if their little legs get tried from walking. But, they never once are tied up to a leash and the have the freedom to walk if they please, without being tied up like a dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 10:51 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,534,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I am beginning to wonder if anyone is ACTUALLY READING my posts......
For Rebecca
Yet they have the opportunity to get out and walk FREELY if they want to (and I did mention this in the same post) without a leash
And if my child is having a fit in the stroller and I am in a busy public place I have done my best to accomodate them first. Picked them up, sat with them, calmed them down. But in the the end, if it is too busy for them to get out of the stroller then it is too busy to walk on a leash. Busy is busy and a child can be hurt very easily- think of a crowded mall in December near Christmas. All it takes is one careless shopper to knock a kid over on a leash.

For Danielle

They can get in and out, come and go, sit and stand, walk and ride..... the belt is there so they don't fall out if they fall asleep....as explained for Rebecca....Parents can undo the belt easily with one button....

Really? so which is it?

Old 12-09-2008, 10:53 AM

427 posts, read 1,384,710 times
So your children never misbehave, never wander? If so congrats your lucky. My brother knows right from wrong and overall is very well behaved, but he is still 3 kids will be kids, no child listens 100% of the time, it's not natural to. Because kids like to explore and push boundries, to find out how far they can go. All it takes is a moment to lose a child.

Most of the time my brother does stay with me or my mom, but he asks for his monkey, and honestly you can enjoy yourself more because you don't have to worry about becomming seperated. It's not like we put the leash on him everytime we go somewhere, but in really busy areas where safety is a concern and he wants to walk so that he can touch and explore the leash works best.

When you buckle your child into a stroller care you not controlling them,it's like a bigger harness, they are strapped in and have less freedom. Don't assume that just because I or others use a harness that we have wild children, or have not taught our kids or sibling in my case, rules cause I have. no one way is correct.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:54 AM

Which is what?

Old 12-09-2008, 10:54 AM

How about this...instead of talking in circles with you...list the differences (objectively) in the use of a stoller verses the use of a harness... Can you do that...

Old 12-09-2008, 10:56 AM

Well, is the harness attached to a leash or is it detached? Prior to making this list? Because if it were detached that is equal to the child roaming freely outside of the stroller

Old 12-09-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well, is the harness attached to a leash or is it detached? Prior to making this list?
Child attached to the harness verses a child belted properly into a stroller.

And you can leave out the 'looks' of both...Just objectively speaking...

Old 12-09-2008, 10:59 AM

Rebecca you may want to reread post 129

Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 AM

Well, harness no leash is not equal to child seated and belted. As stated previously, harness detatches from leash enabling child to walk freely which would mean I would be comparing the release of a child from the belted seat of a stroller for all Fairness. I thought that the debate.... Correct? At least that was the one I thought that was made in post 124

So, give me a moment and I will creat a list

Old 12-09-2008, 11:07 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,115,175 times
Where on earth do some of you live? The Backwater country bumpkinland with wide open spaces and no vehicles to speak of? Where all things are safe and cars move at a snails pace and no pervs live there? Hooray for your safe make-believe land. You keep thinking it's safe out there.

I live in a BIG CITY where all kinds of BAD THINGS happen to little children. BIG CARS DRIVE FAST and don't look out for small children. BAD PEOPLE SNATCH children and hurt them just for kicks.

Most of us are WAY more concerned with keeping our kids safe in a very unsafe world by any means possible, rather than worrying about what some judgemental morons who may snear when they see us walk by think of us.

IMO Those of you who DO NOT use a stroller or a leash on children between the ages of 1-3 at unsafe places like a themepark, airports, train stations, are not too concerned with their childrens safety and perhaps someone should call CPS on them for negligience if you see their child not holding hands or running loose and disprupting other people.

I am not here to babysit your child.

Last edited by Taboo2; 12-09-2008 at 11:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting