Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:11 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,067,984 times

Advertisements

I have a 17 year old sister that started the drama last year, I am expecting it to continue for a couple of more years. My 15 year old dd started 2 years ago....it better end soon or one of us might not live to see the end, my guess is HER. My 11 year old dd hasn't started it to bad yet. THANK GOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 12:18 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
So far there has been no drama with my 13 year old. And we even moved across the country 6 months ago, and she handled it very well. She's very mature and sensible, lets hope it stays this way.

***Fingers Crossed***

Old 12-17-2008, 04:55 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
So far there has been no drama with my 13 year old. And we even moved across the country 6 months ago, and she handled it very well. She's very mature and sensible, lets hope it stays this way.

***Fingers Crossed***
I would have said the same thing when my daughter was 13. Not too much of what I kept hearing others say. I thought things were great - that I was going to glide on through this teenage thing everyone warned me about (needless to say it was because of my wonderful parenting!!). Then came about 16 and boyfriends..... Nothing horrible but DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA....oh my....

I wish you the very best but just be prepared.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:43 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
We don't allow for drama here. LOL I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to spend years of my life subjected to teenage drama. We do our best to help the kids manage their emotions and minimize the drama.

Seriously though, sending the kids on a long walk to the end of the street helps them put things in perspective and most of the drama is gone by the time they get back. If not, they turn around and walk again until they are in a condition to have a reasonable conversation...without the drama.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:49 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
I work in an office full of women....some don't EVER outgrow it!

I was never the drama queen but my sister was, I think she was over it by 18-19.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:03 AM

NCYank - just curious as to how you go about not allowing drama and how old are your kids? I was not a dramatic teen either (in fact I specifically asked my parents about this cause I just never remembered being like that) and I really didn't think my daughter was either but.....I just think there is a lot more drama these days (between Facebook, texting, and shows like the Hills, Laguna Beach etc - even if your kid isn't watching (at least at your house!)- everyone else is and thinks all that behavior is normal). I've always explained stuff to my kids and talked through stuff with them. The drama is not generally home drama (like mouthiness and stuff) but school and friends drama that then you have to listen to again and again and then help them deal with it and the tears over friends and boyfriends and teachers etc etc. It just seems to be an overflow of emotion and I have no idea how to control or not allow those. Agreed that some kids are just more dramatic than others....

Old 12-18-2008, 09:09 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
As a single father raising 3 daughters who were all teenagers at the same time I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It all seemed to get a little better once all 3 started having thier periods at the same time. Then it was just drama/bitching for one week and 3 weeks of relative peace. But I am really shocked that i am relatively sane!!!!! Good luck and hang in there!

Old 12-18-2008, 09:13 AM

Capt. I tried to rep you but I can't again but BLESS YOU. 3 teenage girls. Oh my

Old 12-18-2008, 09:26 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
What a hilarious thread ...

I bet I was 19 or so before I stopped with regular major meltdowns. They still pop up, sporadically ...

My sister's were even more comical than mine were -- my mom agrees, so it wasn't just my perspective of being four years older than made her dramatics seem so ... dramatic. Heh. We did lots of sighing, door slamming, stomping and pouting. I was better at door slamming (knocked all the pictures off the walls in three rooms once!); my sister was a champ at stomping and pouting. And her daughter seems to have inherited her talents! LOL Poor Sis is in for it in about six or seven years ...

Old 12-18-2008, 03:19 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Depends on the person. It fades slowly over time. It completely goes away around 88 I think. Defeinitely gone by 104.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting