Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:52 PM

551 posts, read 2,287,734 times

Advertisements

One of my friends and I are both looking for a great, lightweight infant travel system - with a car seat that can be pulled out of the base and used with a stroller?

Our top criteria:
-Safety
-Lightweight car seat
-Easy-folding (prefer one-handed) stroller
-Durable (will last until child outgrows it)

Can the C-D parent advisors tell me which travel system they think would best meet our needs? We are overwhelmed with the choices!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 07:06 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,552,733 times
Graco Metrolite -- cost-effective too. Don't fall for the fancy brands -- kids grow out of the stroller phase before you know it

Old 01-05-2009, 09:09 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,926,227 times
All I can say is that we had the Graco Quattro Tour system for our first and I do not recommend it. It is bulky and heavy and a lot more trouble than it's worth. The basket underneath is barely useable - we had to take the baby out of the seat in order to access the basket. It is huge and took up our entire trunk space after wrestling with it to get it in and out. Plus, half the time the baby wanted to be carried anyway, so then you are trying to carry the baby and push around a big empty stroller at the same time. Honestly, we used the stroller maybe less than 10 times and then quit even bringing it with us. I found it much easier to just keep the carseat in the car and carry the baby in a strap-on baby carrier while we walked around. As she's gotten older, we have used the stroller at places like the zoo, but even then we find it easier to just bring our cheap umbrella stroller.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:39 AM

5 posts, read 23,693 times
Agree with HavetoSay. I think Graco Metrolite it's a good stroller and very low cost. Before you buy, you should be review a customer rating from amazon.com it's very helpful and you can find more at http://astore.amazon.com/graco_quattro_tour_stroller-20 also.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:28 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,886 times
We loved the Peg Perego Aria OH (one hand) Travel System. We got it in mint green, however. This was a present from my parents, and worth EVERY penny! The car seat is easily attached/detached. My son used the car seat until about 9 months old. He's still using the stroller (he's 18 months old) and probably will until he's 4 years old. It's super light-weight (under 9 pounds) and you can fold it with one hand (hence the name). Many times I'll open or close it while holding him. It's a really smooth ride for a lightweight (great if they're sleeping) and easy to steer. The carseat is one of the highest rated, and what I liked about it is that it wasn't suffocatingly hot like some are. The materials breathe.

Stroller Description
One hand and one step is all it takes to fold Peg Perego's Aria OH (One Hand). This lightweight, full-featured convenience stroller includes a spacious basket, retractable car seat anchors, a unique "Freedom of Movement" harness and a new large, adjustable water bottle holder for parents. Child's snack tray can be opened or removed for easy access to baby. You'll love the large, adjustable ratcheting hood and the removable, hand-washable upholstery. The Aria OH includes a handle for carrying when folded.
Car Seat Description
There's nothing more important than your baby's safety, and Peg Perego's Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 exceeds the most stringent safety standards in the world. This redesigned car seat is surrounded with improved Side Impact Protection to protect your baby's head and body. The frame has been strengthened to provide added safety. Designed for transporting a baby or child weighing five to thirty pounds or up to thirty inches long, the Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 includes a removable plush pad for newborns and exclusive Comfort-Dry microfiber fabric that is breathable and ultra-soft on baby's skin. The Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 instantly attaches to any Peg Perego stroller and conveniently features one-hand unlatching from stroller, chassis or car seat base. Peg Perego's Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 meets or exceeds all NHTSA standards.

After 9 mos, we purchased the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat at Walmart ($140), and this will last him until he's 50 pounds and ready for a booster at approx age 6-8 years old. It's luxurious and very comfy.

View Triumph Advance™ Demo

Last edited by cabolissa; 02-03-2009 at 09:37 AM..

Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
One of my friends and I are both looking for a great, lightweight infant travel system - with a car seat that can be pulled out of the base and used with a stroller?

Our top criteria:
-Safety
-Lightweight car seat

Can the C-D parent advisors tell me which travel system they think would best meet our needs? We are overwhelmed with the choices!
I always left the car seats in the car and went with a simple light umbrella stroller that could be unfolded in two seconds, and they have the baby packs where you don't have to push anything around for when the baby is new.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:02 PM

1,428 posts, read 3,161,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky View Post

Our top criteria:
-Safety
-Lightweight car seat

This is an unconventional suggestion, but I would suggest an excellent car seat (Britax usually leads the pack according to Consumer Reports' safety evaluations), but for out-of-car, might I suggest a Maya Wrap? They are incredibly convenient for carrying your baby, they weigh only ounces, and unlike a car seat, they don't whack unpleasantly against your knees, don't wear out your arms, can't be left behind or forgotten, and take up zero trunk space. Once you get the hang of it, it's far easier to deal with than unfolding a stroller, at least IMHO.

Many people claim they feel more bonded to their baby because they're holding him or her, and others claim that babies held in this way cry less because they feel more secure. Obviously, this may or may not be true for your friend's baby, of course, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Hope that helps.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:11 PM

589 posts, read 1,635,943 times
I second the convertible seat that stays in the car and a lightweight stroller. Carseats are not lightweight and the infant carriers get pretty heavy after a time.

I also second the use of a sling, wrap, or pouch. Babies absolutely love this! AND a plus is that the baby will learn to go back to sleep when being moved about. So if the baby is asleep in the car, the baby will fall back to sleep when you put them in the sling, wrap, or pouch! Mom's and Dad's can wear their baby!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:49 PM

589 posts, read 1,635,943 times
^^ oh sheesh.. just re-read this and saw the grammar issue in the last sentence. LOL I do that all the time.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 15,921 times
Default Baby travel systems

Hi friends, i have bought new seats for my twins they are very good looking and comfortable and well designed i found them at icoobaby you can see lot of verities of travel systems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting