Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by powermom7 View Post
a tough question i know, but how do you think you would react if your child came out to you as homosexual? I personally can’t speak from experience, but i’ve been thinking about it a lot recently. I know in my heart that i would be accepting no matter what, but it’s so hard to say how you would react to something until you experience it firsthand.

what do you guys think?
absolutely.

Because i love my children unconditionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,886 times
Wouldn't even bat an eye... I love my kids and I want them to be happy, healthy, productive people.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:59 PM

16 posts, read 35,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I would be dissapointed inititally but would NEVER let them know it. Unless they found this thread

It would probably take me a while to get over the shock. I would be more dissapointed however if my daughter had a husband who beat her or my son married a woman who cheated and did drugs.

I would always make sure they felt confident in their choice.
Reminds me of that book Prayers for Bobby.. the mother rejected her son initially, but then unfortunately only after a tragic event does she have a change in heart. She goes on to becoming one of the leading gay rights activists though. True story.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 PM

15 posts, read 20,854 times
It's funny you should mention Prayers for Bobby, I've been seeing commercials on Lifetime all week for a movie they just made that's based on the book...Apparently it premieres this weekend.

The trailer is such a tearjerker I would have a box of tissues ready:
YouTube - Prayers For Bobby - Saturday at 9pm/8c on Lifetime

Old 01-23-2009, 01:32 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmomma View Post
Reminds me of that book Prayers for Bobby.. the mother rejected her son initially, but then unfortunately only after a tragic event does she have a change in heart. She goes on to becoming one of the leading gay rights activists though. True story.
Ouch!!!! I hope not. I would never "reject" him or her!!!!!!

I would in my own mind and heart probably be disapointed at first, but I would NEVER let him or her know it!

Old 01-23-2009, 06:48 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,711,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMom7 View Post
A tough question I know, but how do you think you would react if your child came out to you as homosexual? I personally can’t speak from experience, but I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently. I know in my heart that I would be accepting no matter what, but it’s so hard to say how you would react to something until you experience it firsthand.

What do you guys think?
I love my child without reservations - their sexuality wouldn't change that (and I've made sure they know this already)!

Old 01-23-2009, 06:58 PM

315 posts, read 1,088,258 times
Children are a gift from God and lent to us to love and nurture. That s exactly what I do and my feelings of love would remain the same no matter what their sexuality was.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:59 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
I think that IF I had/wanted the lil beasties, and it turned out to be gay, I'd be shocked at first, smack my forehead second, then send he/she off to my best friend's house for further education, with the condition that I be told nothing about it.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I think that IF I had/wanted the lil beasties, and it turned out to be gay, I'd be shocked at first, smack my forehead second, then send he/she off to my best friend's house for further education, with the condition that I be told nothing about it.

"it?" ???????????

"send of to best friend's house for further education?" ???????

Old 01-23-2009, 07:17 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,711,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
"it?" ???????????

"send of to best friend's house for further education?" ???????
ROFLOL, he/she did say they didn't want them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting