Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:14 PM

431 posts, read 1,639,773 times

Advertisements

been there except my daughter was the bully. her school has a school store so the kids get to bring money and buy things, well my daughter had just gotten grounded from going to school store and decided that she needed to buy some things and so she told her friend that if she didn't give her- her money she wouldn't be her friend anymore. well none the less I got a call from her teacher because the girls mom had called the school. let me tell you I was glad to get that call so that I could deal with my daughter because she is not being raised that way! and I made my daughter take money out of HER bank to pay her friend back so that she would feel the impact and thing twice before doing that one again.

so yes I would talk to your sons teacher and at least let her know and how knows you may just get your sons money back but I wouldn't hold your breath not all moms are like me. I wish you the best of Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 01:29 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,171,300 times
OP, did you ever follow up on this and at least let the teacher know what happened?

Old 02-02-2009, 12:18 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,273,711 times
Boy.... talk about timing!!!!! Just yesterday I was informed by DSS that he was taking toys out of his bookbag at school and trading. Poor guy got taken.... the other boy was supposed to bring the trades in.... DSS lost about 25.00 of Bakugan.

I wrote a note to the teacher, just to let her know. I told her I did not expect the toys returned because DSS broke the rule by taking them out at school, but that I thought she should be aware.

Before I get reamed, DSS's reason for having the toys at school was because he wanted to take them to his momma's house for visitation and since she was to pick him up that day he wouldn't come home before he go to go over to her house.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:38 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,059,268 times
There's an expression: 'Live and learn'. I think this fits. Kids that age don't need to be taking large amounts of cash to school with them, or anything they aren't willing to lose.

Rockin, how old is your boy? Sounds like he did a little planning there. Too bad it didn't work out for him, but you've got to give him credit for thinking ahead.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,273,711 times
He's 10. I love him to pieces, but he is very nieve. He just doesn't seem to get that not everyone is honest.

We've always tol the kids that whatever they take to school... if it gets lost/stolen/broken/taken away by the teacher... too bad so sad.

With great privilage comes great responsibility - Yoda

Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 AM

571 posts, read 1,301,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
OP, did you ever follow up on this and at least let the teacher know what happened?
No. We are a blended family, and the incident involved my stepson. My husband didn't want to pursue it, so I stopped mentioning it.

Husband and son did have a long talk about it, and I think the valuable lessons have been learned.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:07 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,923,411 times
apart from the lesson in trusting people, maybe your son got a lesson in "greed"? Did he not want to quickly turn the $5 into $25 ?

I know the OP already posted a response, but I have to say... this is the most important post in this thread. How many people got caught up in the recent housing bubble by being promised large equity returns, but are now stuck with less than they started with and want the banks and mortgage brokers to have 100% of the blame?

Too bad those people hurting now, couldn't have learned this lesson at age 10, over $5, instead of at age 35 over $400k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting